The Last Shot (issue #1)

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Krypton-115

It's a cold, dark night in Gotham City. A night like so many others, with petty criminals running to their homes because they know he is out. Tonight he hunts, The Batman. But this story is not about The Dark Knight, no, this tale revolves around an unexplored rivalry. A grudge match between the two deadliest men currently in Gotham. Deathstroke and Deadshot.

It's a calm Friday night when the super villain Deadshot enters an old and abandoned apartment. He is calm, takes a moment and puts down a medium sized case. He opens the case and slowly assembles a sniper rifle with a built in silencer. He opens a window and sticks the barrel out the window, all while looking down the scope. He, as always, is working. His latest contract comes from an unknown source, as is usual in his line of work. The man he is assigned to kill is the super villain known as The Penguin, Oswald Cobblepot. Floyd waits a couple of minutes when Cobblepot finally arrives for a arms deal with an unkown man, completely hooded. Floyd can see that the hooded man is supplying the weapons, when he pulls out a an assault rifle. Then, when Floyd is ready to pull the trigger, the hooded man aims his rifle at Cobblepot and his crew, and begins to shoot, killing everyonecat the scene. Floyd did not anticipate this, and is quite schocked.

Before he can react the hooded man takes off his hood, turns around and lookes directly at Deadshot. "Hello Floyd". The man says. It took a moment, but Floyd recognized the man. It was Deathstroke The Terminator. "I did not want to steal your contract Lawton, but I think it's time we figured out who the best is, don't you think so too?"

Did you guys like this short story? How can I improve and what do you want in issue #2?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@krypton-115: From what I gather this is probably one of your first times writing. In the pinned (top) section of the Fan-fic board, there should be a thread titled How to Write Fan-Fiction. I would start there if you are looking for pointers. First, try to correct your grammar, specifically your use of punctuation. I see some errors but the easiest to correct are the quote marks. Whenever you are using quotations all sentence endings appear before the quote is closed unless you are only quoting a fragment of a sentence. The "Hello Floyd" sentence should have a period put into the quotation. Next is that it has to be longer. Take time to properly articulate your thoughts so that readers can know where you intend to go with a story. If it feels like not enough is going on with the plot then you risk losing the audience's attention.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By dngn4774

@krypton-115: From what I gather this is probably one of your first times writing. In the pinned (top) section of the Fan-fic board, there should be a thread titled How to Write Fan-Fiction. I would start there if you are looking for pointers. First, try to correct your grammar, specifically your use of punctuation. I see some errors but the easiest to correct are the quote marks. Whenever you are using quotations all sentence endings appear before the quote is closed unless you are only quoting a fragment of a sentence. The "Hello Floyd" sentence should have a period put into the quotation. Next is that it has to be longer. Take time to properly articulate your thoughts so that readers can know where you intend to go with a story. If it feels like not enough is going on with the plot then you risk losing the audience's attention.

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Krypton-115

@dngn4774: Well I'm actually from The Netherlands, so English is not my primary language. But thanks for the tips anyways :)