The House-Collector

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Rated M: For Intense Violence and Graphic Situations

Its been three days since the last body was found, still remember the look of sheer terror in her eyes. Her body mangled almost beyond recognition. Her tiny hands gripped so tightly onto the grass that she was forced onto. He tortured her for hours before finally using her in such a vial way, and left naked as the day she was born. The lights flash as the coroners take there pictures, even they have to swallow the slowly building flow of vomit that tickles the back of there throats. Kneeling down next to her, I cant help myself and I close her eyes before moving over to where her lower half was. She was ripped to pieces, in such a way most people would think of a animal attack. But I know all too well what this maniac is capable of, known for a very long time what he was capable of, the memories of my own wife and child fill my mind as I look down to his recent victim.

I try not to imagine her as the young twelve year old girl as she used to be as its not as painful anymore. Moving over to her lower half I cant help but notice how he has gotten even more careful with how he leaves his “statues” as lines of string connect each piece that was strung about. Years we tried to pull evidence from the strings and anything he could of touched with his bare hands, and for years we come up with nothing. No evidence, not a single strand of hair absolutely nothing. Many in the department think he’s a ghost, or died a long time ago and someone is simply continuing his work. But I know all too well that even when your closing in on sixty you are capable of just about anything when you put your mind to it. I myself just turned fifty-six and he is close behind me, been at this for nearly fifteen years. Each time it takes a bit of my soul each time I find another little girl, I hope for the random male or full grown woman with each call.

I finally make myself scarce from the crime scene as the younglings come in to do there jobs, I am here to simply observe they told me. Years ago when I thought I found him, I took it into my own hands and nearly killed an innocent man. Almost cost me my badge, but I was sure of it…that the House the damn kid was found in was the place. The very same place that this sick bastard tortured and murdered 100 men woman and more importantly children. As I walk away from the scene I cant help but hope that someday I will find that House, and in the end give that bastard what he deserves.

Chapter 1

Slowly I wake, feeling groggy as hell as if I drank too much. As I try to roll out of bed I feel my wrists and the cold metal wrapped around them, feeling concerned I move my legs they too are held in place with cold metal. I try to open y eyes by something is keeping them from opening and it hurts. I try and force my eye lids open, feeling a slight tear as I try even harder I scream out in pain…or I try. My lips too are sealed, whatever was keeping me from feeling the pain of everything is quickly wearing off. I can feel the silk thread in my lips and even in my eye lids, it scratches the skin and deep inside as its intertwined too scratches. Its almost unbearable.

Finally my body does what I want it too, a flight or fight response has finally kicked in and I scream as loud as I could, stretching my jaw wide as I do and finally the silk tears tearing my lips with it. I want to scream louder curse the world and myself for being so foolish. I had to of done something stupid, slipped up because I know exactly what’s going on. This is HIS home, I slipped up and he found me…no he’s been watching me for weeks I’d guess. He had to of followed me from the crime scene, that leaves a list of people with access and knowledge of where I was. “No Clark! Stay focused.” I tell myself, trying to keep my mind from working overdrive and try to figure out who this sick bastard was, no I had to get out of this. Then that feeling that someone is watching me crawls up my spine, I try to slow my breathing so I can hear what’s going on. I can hear the bastard breathing, I again try to move my legs this time attempting a kick in his direction only for the shackles to tug hard. “Dammit!” I thought to myself, I had maybe a foot of mobility away from whatever he had me chained too. Suspended yet immobile, I hang in the air and the sick bastard simply watches me for what feels like hours before he says anything.

His voice sounded like it was going through a scrambler, he was smart he had to be or I would of figured him out years ago. “So Clark…..how do you like the place? You have been waiting for so long to get here, find me and throttle me no?” He waits for an answer, but I give him nothing. I simply hang with a big old smile on my face, he breathes deep and slams something hard and blunt into my chest. “Fine be that way…be ungrateful….I was going to give you a clue as to get out of those shackles…but you can go fuck yourself.” Hehehehe I hit a nerve it seems, he wants to be praised or at least acknowledged. I wont give him the satisfaction, and he knows that so he turns away and moves to what has to be a door. Before he leaves I hear him turn towards me “You have 2 hours to get out of those, and then find a way out of here. Lives depend on you…” Before I can ask anything he slams the door and a loud chain of gears turn and lock the door.

Struggling in my chains I wretch my body against the chains, my wrists and ankles burn with pain as I try to lunge at the door screaming “What do I care?! You already took my life! Who else is there?!” I try to get him to answer in anyway, but all I hear is him tapping on the door and laughing “Enjoy your night, I know we will.” then he walks away. I try to wrap my head around what he had just said “Did he just say we?” I ask myself before trying to figure out a way out of my binds. I know him very well, he isn’t bluffing that in two hours someone will die, or perhaps I have two hours to save a set of people. As I try and to slide my hands free from the shackles questions fill my mind. Who is it he has, what are they too me, should I really believe him? All these questions filling my mind and leaving just as fast as they entered, finally giving up on actually slipping out of the shackles I know something drastic had to be done.

Looking around through the blindfold, all I can see is darkness. Until I look above me, a brightness fills my line of sight. A brightness almost peaks through the fabric covering my eyes. Seeing it as a light bulb I pull my hands up in front of my eyes. I can make out a keyhole with my fingers, but even if I was to find a key my hands were just far enough apart I couldn’t get the key into its hole. Only chance I have is finding a way of freeing one of my hands, then unlocking the rest. Feeling for my fingers I start breathing hard I knew what had to be done. Grabbing my left hand, my fingers find my thumb and I at first slowly try to pull as hard as I can on my thumb. The pain of muscles and skin stretching as I pull with all I could on this small part of my body, even with such a small area the pain was excruciating. Filling my whole body with tremors of pain, finally it snaps and my thumb goes loose and I twist it hard. My teeth almost shatter as I slam my mouth shut trying to hold in a scream. Breathing hard I know that was only the first part, moving my thumb into my palm in an attempt at flattening my thumb as much as I can from my hand.

This time a loud guttural roar echoes from my throat as I pull in one direction with my right arm, and pulling downwards with my left. I feel the cold steel rip into my skin as I try to free my left hand, almost like a steel brush digging into my hand. Slowly the blood begins to slick the steel shackle around my wrist, and as the pain almost fills my mind entirely I feel the shackle slide loose. Using my own slightly overweight body to my advantage, as I fall quickly my whole weight is put onto the remaining chain and I hear a crack as the chain and piece of the ceiling come crashing down. My body hit’s the concrete floor with a loud thud, and if my hand wasn’t killing me now it certainly was once I fell onto it. Screaming in rage again I rip my blindfold off and allow my eyes to adjust to the small bright light in the dark room.

Finding my surroundings I find that the room he left me in, had no windows, no wooden walls to break through or smash my way through once I find a way of getting out of the shackles. Looking around all I can find is the single light bulb above my head, looking at it I groan knowing again something painful had to be done. With all that was left of my strength I push myself up, just barely able to stand without shaking I look at the light. Gritting my teeth and not looking I grab my broken thumb and quickly snap it back into place, my wrist was still dripping blood and a small puddle began to form next to my foot. I try to reach with my good hand to the light bulb but it was still too short. I could stand now, but still the give on the chain was the same. My left hand still sore I reach and can just barely touch the light bulb, for a few moments I thought to myself “Yeah, that’s how I die…cant reach the fucking bulb and I starve to death in this room.” As I almost give into the screaming pain in my hand, my fingers wrap around the bulb. I quickly twist it over and over again, pushing through the pain and it falls into my hand and I drop to the floor out of exhaustion.

Looking at the bulb between my legs I smile, smashing the bulb with my right hand using the shackle itself. I continue to smash it, hitting the small metal piece that locks into the socket. Flattening it until it was paper thin, I begin to roll it turning what used to be a bulky little piece into something that resembled a bobby pin. “Thank you Security Job when I was a kid.” I had remembered when I was a security guard at a prison, an inmate had gotten out of his cuffs using this same method. Turning the socket of the light bulb into a pick, and unlocking his cuffs he escaped from holding and killed three guards. “Thank you…” I said to myself as I began to pick at the shackle on my wrist, finally after a few moments I heard the sound of an angel the click that led to my freedom. After releasing my wrist, I moved onto my ankles and in no time I was free. Finally able to stand without restriction, stretching for a moment I finally realize I had one more obstacle before I was free…..the door.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@darkchild: God damn it. Once again this is awesome in your trademark 'twisted' and dark way.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_: Got even more ideas from a show today so this will become a weekly thing

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_: Set it up...im tired of writing OPs lol

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: Tomorrow night. I have night shift for work in 45min. I'll shoot you a text when its up so you can get off your lazy ass :P

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_: LOL alright ill post when i get back from work

M-174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By M-174

This is pretty cool. Its kinda like a dark suspense movie.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump