The god of thunder, Thor - Free write.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I needed to write something, so I settled on someone who I had never written before and Thor was the easiest to get a handle on. So, enjoy!

Fair warning - I'm not that well versed in Thor's world so if there's some huge error, that's why. That's not to say I didn't try and make things as factually correct as possible but, you know.

--

"He who waits the longest also has the most time to savor the spoils, fool." He mercilessly spat out as he vanquished his final foe on that particular day.

His quote directly relating to the way he decided to approach that battle. He had slammed his mighty weapon into the middle of the field and sat and looked at the breath that came out of his mouth that he could see to pass time. They scratched, pecked, bit, tore, and just about everything in between, but to no avail, they weren't able to harm in l him in any substantial way. Three hours of this passed and then he stood up and quickly thrashed his enemies with the ferocity (and skill) of a raging bull with rabies out for one last run.

His knuckles slightly frosted from the beatings he had given to the frost giants earlier, he rubbed his hands on his scarlet cape. He squinted his eyes and kept a stern look on his face as he saw a beggar on the streets of Asgard.

"Odinson! O, Odinson! Help me! My son, he's run off to Earth!" She shouts out at the god begging him to take interest in her plight. The tears ruin down her face and her dark purple Asgardian garment in horrible condition.

Truth be told the only reason he listened to what she had to say was because she mentioned his kryptonite, Earth. They where a peculiar race to him, separated and always bickering about some petty cause and never focusing on advancing their society. He felt like it was his obligation to help them.

He turned to speak to the beggar "Earth ye say? Why did he venture there? Was he not satisfied with utopia? Had we perhaps, not entertained him?" His god like voice holding a certain sense of pretentiousness above the lowly commoner.

The commoner's eyes glittered with hope "He went to an exotic land for the same reasons most people stray away from the correct path. He had said he had found love, sir. I'm sure you can relate, in some level." Thor thinks she smirks but it only lasts for a fraction of a second so he waves it off as a trick of the mind.

"I shall see what can be done, I've had business on earth anyway." He says bluntly and walks off, not asking for any information of the son.

--

"I'm sure there must be some part of me that feels horrid of the upcoming loss of an insignificant planet, some part somewhere. Oh well, what can I do, but play my part?" The dress of the common woman is worn but the voice is different, one could say sinister.

--

He starts his way to Asgard quickly, when it comes into view for the first time in a long time the god feels a sudden pang of pain.

He makes it to earth2 seconds later, he wishes he hadn't. Fire and the blood of humans where all over earth, everyone he had known where wiped out. The cause was already clear to him. Mangog.

--

As one final note this was done on my phone so if there's any truly weird grammatical errors that I didn't notice, that's why.

This took about an hour to write.

All comments (positive or negative) are welcome, please make them constructive though.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Awesome stuff.

Seriously why aren't you a staff member yet?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Because the opportunity hasn't been offered to me.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Claymore1998
kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By tomlikesfries

Good stuff. I actually quite like the idea and would've liked to see where the story would go from here. Regardless, you write really well.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Haha, that was pretty cool considering you don't know much of Asgard. There wouldn't be any beggars on the street, at least, not yet. :P

It's always fun reading your free-writes.

(edit: I meant to write don't know much of Asgard in a much less rude way! What I wrote is horrible and not what I meant, haha. I mean, as much as someone who never wrote Thor or Asgard before...

I should just stop right there. Sorry!) O_O

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By terry2012

Good stuff. I actually quite like the idea and would've liked to see where the story would go from here. Regardless, you write really well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: I was going off of a book I read on Norse myths when I thought of the beggar thing.

I took a shot and the law won.

The law being the silent man who silently scolds me for getting continuitys mixed up.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nice blog.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@dagmar_merrill: Have a look at the spaceing near the end. The whole numbers over letters thing (despite you being restricted by time) seems a wee bit lazy. That said the content would be good for a full length piece that took hours to write so kudos to you on that.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

This is good stuff. Maybe I should do a free-write.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: And I was trying to write out all the numbers. thanks for pointing that out I'll try and make sure I don't do that next time, it's a bad habit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Keep up the good work, DM.

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enjoyable read, as usual. Thanks. It was a little jarring to me to see a kryptonite reference in a Marvel universe piece.

btw - above you mention reading a book of Norse myths. Which one and would you recommend it? I'm looking for a good one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wim_garnet: Thanks! And I can't remember the name of the book for the life of me. It was a library book that went over all of the big (and a good few smaller ones) and gave me a pretty good sense of it all.

@thetruebarryallen: 10-4.