Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

THE DARK WRITER- CHAPTER 4

It was a warm and sunny day. The art exhibition houses a lot of famous artwork throughout the years, created by fine artists. Michelle Lodge stared at her artwork, depicting a naked man offering his flesh to the devil. People were wondering what made Michelle to create such a magnificent piece out of all the other pieces that she had made earlier. All she knows that she intended to paint the way she wanted it to be. The art tells everything. There was a reason behind it, yet the visitors, whether they were other artists, or celebrities, couldn’t quite catch the sense of it. It was right there, the man offered his life to the former angel without an explanation.

A group of other artists came by to see the work that Michelle had done. Ever since she was a girl, she wanted to pursue her art career. She took several art classes back in high school and then moved to Italy, where she studied at an art school. A lot of students came to study there, sometimes wanting to draw a nude man or woman in front of them. Michelle did just that. She didn’t mind drawing a live, naked person. Her mother wouldn’t like the idea that she often forced her to draw other things besides nude people. But it wasn’t just nude people, which Michelle liked to draw. She draws houses, people with clothing and a portrait of famous actors, and musicians. She did all of them and the other artists were astounded by her work. It didn’t occur to most artists that Michelle would draw something like this, which she is still staring at it, right now, along with the other artists. One of them was a French painter. He had the glasses, which made him look like a nerd. He wore a small black cap and his pointed beard was shown underneath his chin. He wore the black suit and a grey pant. Everyone would know he came from France, judging by his appearance. He goes by the name of Louis Morcenalli. He was considered as one of the best artists in the world, including France. He and Michelle were great friends, yet they haven’t had the chance to contact with each other after their graduation day.

He almost came behind Michelle, sensed the aroma coming from her. It’s as if though that he fell in love. He was only a friend and now he has a girlfriend whom he met back in Italy.

“Michelle...” Louis said, staring at Michelle’s current work. “I can’t believe it. It’s so...”

“Beautiful,” Michelle answered, finishing the rest of the sentence. She looked at her friend, smiled. She never thought that Louis would come and visit the art exhibition in New York City. There were so many art exhibitions in the United States. It didn’t matter for any person to visit the place of great artwork. But this particular place had all the past work, including the ones that were brought in and encased inside the glass board. Random people, who weren’t artists at all, come to visit the fine works of art. The breath that has taken by them, and almost drew them into the world of the imagination. Michelle recalled the time when she and Jeff Thompson met each other in high school. He wanted to become a writer, which Michelle truly admired. Now, she wonders how her high school friend was doing these days. There are times that she had made touch with Jeff in e-mail or Skype. But most of the time, the contact wasn’t there, because Michelle had her own job to do. She took days to paint her work and stacked them up in her room, waiting to be recognized by the world.

“It’s magnificent,” the famous French painter changed the sentence. He came closer to Michelle’s work. His eyes stared at the beauty of it, the naked man, who raised his hands, telling or offering the devil to claim his flesh. He wasn’t sure what to make of it. But it was the beauty it counts. People thought the same question, regarding the creation as well.

“May I ask what made you drew this?” A woman asked behind her. Michelle, Louis, and the other artists turned around to see her, standing, almost facing towards them. But her eyes caught the marvellous artwork.

“Oh...” Michelle noticed the woman who asked a question, which every viewer might ask. There were some viewers whom they asked the question to her. She only explained the fact why she did it.

“It’s something different, the way I see it,” Michelle said, sounding almost dumb to answer the question. Of course, there is no answer to why artists drew that way. The woman, who asked the question, was only curious to find out. She looked like a business woman with black hair and the brown eyes. She had those red lips, which looked like any secretary would wear. She came closer to the glass window, staring at the wonderful masterpiece.

“Hmm...” the woman said. “It is beautiful. I’m pretty sure you have a good reason than what you have just said.”

“Well...it’s just art,” Michelle said. She wished the woman could stop asking silly questions as if she were trying to embarrass her. The other artists, including Louis find themselves at the awkward moment between the two women. Louis slowly stepped in, hoping that there wouldn’t be an argument.

“Ladies...” Louis said. “How about we look at the other work? Shall we?”

“I didn’t come here to insult your work, Miss Lodge,” the woman sort of interrupted. “I was only curious why you painted it.”

“May I ask you a question?” Michelle said, throwing the question back at the strange woman.

“Yes, certainly,” the woman said almost gently, but didn’t like the fact that Michelle would ask the question to her.

“What do you think?” Michelle asked.

“Like I said,” the woman spoke calmly. “It’s beautiful. But one would wonder the reason behind the making of your precious work.”

“I see,” Michelle said, almost with a grin. The woman didn’t seem to understand her question. She’s only ignoring it. She wanted to see what the woman thought why she created her own masterpiece. Since, she ignored the question, she felt it would be unnecessary to continued this awkward conversation and avoid trouble.

“Well, then,” Michelle said. “I guess we can just move on and look at the other work.” She looked at Louis who was deeply surprised by the outcome of all this. He knew there was a heated tension between the two women. There was silence between them. The other artists moved on to see the other work, made by other artists, which Louis, Michelle and the strange woman only remained behind the bizarre art piece.

“I liked to buy that piece, if you don’t mind,” The strange woman said.

“It’s not for sale,” Michelle said, firing back.

“I know,” The strange woman said. “But it will be...soon.” She smiled, left the two artists away and walked outside the art exhibition.

“Who was that?” Michelle asked furiously as if Louis knew the strange woman. But he had no idea of whom or where she came from.

“To be honest, Michelle,” Louis said with a shrug. “I have no clue.”

Michelle looked back at the art piece, wondering when it’s going to be for sale. Of course, she’s doing her work for the money. The reason why she said that is because she didn’t want the strange woman, whoever she is to buy her work. Louis held his hand towards her shoulder and said they can roam around the art exhibition. But Michelle couldn’t help to stop staring at her work. It’s like she was trying to find a reason why she had drew this in the first place, the naked human, the devil, and the fire that emanated around them. It was bizarre, after all and yet she still couldn’t figure out why she did it. She stopped thinking about it, finally turned away from her art piece and went along with her best friend to see the other artworks.

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE DARK WRITER- CHAPTER 5.

Who was the strange woman? What’s the true meaning behind Michelle’s current work? Watch out for the next chapter of “The Dark Writer.’

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edited.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Chapter 5 bro?

I haven't written chapter 5 yet. Because I was writing the other series from my fan-fic library. I'm also busy doing other stuff outside Comic Vine.

In the meantime, you can enjoy the vampire anthology series. :)