Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Brutal Foes of Batman #3

Arkham Asylum, About ten seconds after Last Issue

The Getaway Genius right?! He's turned up right at the very moment I didn't want him to. And now the Carpenter is about to wrestle control from me in 3...2...

"You got my message Genius." The Carpenter announces as the aforementioned villain drops a light weight duffel bag on the yard floor.

Rest In Peace Pinkey, you furry a******e
Rest In Peace Pinkey, you furry a******e

"I did although 'Pinky' didn't make the last trip back to the agreed meeting point." The Genius answers in a cold flat voice, one that seems so unlike him. Something is going on with him but the cries of the Ratcatcher pull my attention elsewhere.

"P...pinky is d...d...dead." Otis cries, tears running down his face, distress gnawing like a rodent at his soul.

"Pull yourself together!!" The Carpenter snaps as she removes her tools from the duffel bag. "It's time to leave now that we have employment outside these walls."

"I knew you'd come around even...oh c=@p." I state in excitement, something that drains from my voice as NKVDemon puts a pistol to my head. "Oh okay I see what's going on here."

"Good." The Getaway Genius announces as he drops a set of smoke grenades onto the floor, my teammates vanishing in a flash of fog. I could pretend I'm angry but those fools have done me a favor, when they leave they'll be hunted, when I leave I'll have nobody on my tail, and I'll be the one who ends up on top.

In the meantime I have a promise to keep...

Intensive Care Ward, Arkham Asylum

The man strapped to the bed is Joseph Rigger AKA the Firebug, although with a broken jaw, cracked knee and snapped ribs he doesn't look the part. I don't expect him to be terrified by all the commotion, the man's a soldier, unfortunately for the both of us he's also a rat.

Silently I walk up to the drip stuck in his arm and think about how I'm going to kill him. He may be a rat but the man is a good soldier, and I respect him enough to grant him that at least.

"Drak...lisen to me." Rigger grunts surprising me. "Ples lisen."

"Uh sure." I cough as I rest my hand on the intravenous drip, ready to remove it from the traitors arm.

"Somen taled, afer the heis somen tol him whe I wa." Rigger moans, his unexpected words staying my hand.

Firebug. Could he be the mole?
Firebug. Could he be the mole?

"Tell me." I hiss, my words audible over the chaos of escaping felons as their screams envelop the ward, and the astonishing tale Firebug tells me.

Tribune Alley, Gotham Industrial Zone - The Previous Day

Footsteps echoed down the alley as the armored figure of Firebug headed away from the smoking ruin of the Steel Mill. The crew he was part of had just pulled off the biggest heist of the year, his part had been simple, burn the decoy building to attract the target's attention and get out the area as fast as possible. He was making good time, Black Mask's men had lost the trail in a few blocks, and the GCPD were heading in the opposite direction. That only left...he stopped, standing at the end of the alley was a dark man shaped shadow, one that radiated fear from its very presence.

"Well look who showed up!" Firebug sneered. "Let's go Bat, I ain't the same old Firebug, I'm hot stuff now." He added before opening fire with his long barreled chemical sprayer, a thick jet of fire engulfing the figure in a corona of flame. "That should..." He stopped as the figure emerged from the fire before leaping towards Firebug, the villain returning fire with jets of liquid flame, the attacker soaring over his head and vanishing into the shadows.

"What nothing to say Batman? " Firebug taunted as he turned, the night vision goggles scanning the darkness for his target. "Where are you?" He grunted as the figure emerged behind him, before cutting through Firebug's backpack mounted fuel tank.

"What in the..." Firebug yelled before receiving a bone shattering blow to the face. "Baman?" He grunted as he triggered a pair of incendiary caps in his gloves, only for his foe to duck under his strike before delivering one of his own, the punch to the knee felling Firebug.

"Oay I gif." He moaned as the mystery man kicked him onto his back, before removing a pair of rotating saw blades. "Pleas do't do it!" He pleaded as the man stabbed them into Firebug's chest plate, before calmly turning and walking away.

Intensive Care Ward, Arkham Asylum

I shake my head, there was no mention in Firebug's story that he talked to whoever this Batman impersonator is. This guy and the fake Batgirl make two people wearing the costume, but I doubt they are related, the 'Batgirl misfit' whoever she was didn't go overboard when she arrested us.

"You didn't talk?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Nu wy." Firebug groans as I let go of the IV drip. "I usd the excus I cae u wih befor th hest."

I slump down in the chair, somebody talked, not to this thug but to someone related to the Bat. As I muse over what I'm going to do when I'm going to do when I get out, the sound of jackboots and the heavy feet inside sounds from outside, Arkham Security, locked and loaded for a fight, they won't get one from me, I have work to do...on the outside.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: This needs a bit of an edit- there's a couple of lines that just don't make sense. Other than that, great chapter, call me for the next one. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: Are you referring to Firebug speaking through his broken jaw? If so then it's intentional

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: "Oay I gif." He moaned as the mystery man kicked him onto his back, before removing a pair of rotating saw blades. "Pleas do't do it!" Phonetic accented talking to imply injury, nice :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thanks for the comment. Decided to see how it worked, glad it kind of worked

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: No, it wasn't Firebug's lines, it was a couple things in the narration. Just misspelled stuff that got a little too jumbled.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Ah will have another read and review session on my weekend

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cbishop

"Well look who showed up!" Firebug sneered. "Let's go Bat, I ain't the same old Firebug, I'm hot stuff now." He added before opening fire with his long barreled chemical sprayer, a thick jet of fire engulfing the figure in a corona of flame...

Okay, there's that minor misspelling right there. On a second read through, I couldn't find the jumbled bit I was talking about, but then, I just woke up. Maybe it's not there. Sorry. :/

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@impurestcheese: Huh. My extensive knowledge of everything Batman cannot tell who the mystery guy is...go figure. Kudos, Imp for making me think. Which wasn't something I was planning on doing in between Finals...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers