The Awaited Battle (KGBeast's story Part IV)

timecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By timecommander

Everything was in chaos at the bank, the police was outside waiting for the SWAT team to arrive, and Gordon was getting tired of waiting. "That's it, I want theLieutenant on the phone now!" he shouted. "He's....occupied....sir.." said a newer member of GPD. "With what?!" he demanded. "Well...sir...it seems Batman was seen, and they had decided to give chase..." he says meekly. "What!!?" Gordon cries. Not concerned about Bruce, knowing he could handle himself, he was shocked that the Lieutenant  would decide that at the moment Batman was a bigger target than this. "Well sir...he is a convicted cop killer, and he also killed Harvey Dent.." "I don't care if he killed the damn president, we need SWAT now!" Gordon yelled, and ordered him to call the Lieutenant again, knowing full well that the Lieutenant was out of his jurisdiction. Yet, despite what he led on, Gordon was relieved. If Batman was coming, than it was almost certainly to deal with the situation at hand. Gordon was thinking of how else to stall SWAT when he recieved a call from the Lieutenant. "Yes, Jerry?" Gordon said. Lieutenant and head of SWAT, Gerard "Jerry" Henelly, was well known for his quick thinking and a temper to match. "Yes, Jerry?? You keep calling me and that's all you say?" Gerard said, obviously annoyed. "Well, I thought the reason we called you would be quite obvious, and didn't need stated." Gordon said quite calmly. "Unfortunately, Gordon, I'm a little bu-" Gordon then hears a honk and a long line of swearing and belittling of the SWAT vehicle's driver. "Jesus Christ, are you trying to kill us, idiot!" Gerard finishes his rant. "Anyways, we kind of have our own problems, Gordon." "So I've heard, but I'm afraid Batman will have to wait. We need SWAT now." Gordon responded. "Can't you have MCU help?!" Gerard screamed, trying to be heard over the traffic outside. "I'm afraid Maggie and them are...busy, with something else at the moment." Gordon said. "Joker?" "Fortunately, no". "Then wh-" Gordon then heard Gerard pause and swear in amazement. Gordon than assumed that Bruce had gotten tired of being followed, and activated his thrusters, and as if to confirm him, a roar like a dragon was heard through the phone. "Gerard!? Are you ok?! Gerard?!!" Gordon said raising his voice, truely concerned. "Yes, yes I'm fine, just dropped the phone. Well, we lost him, and are heading en-route towards you." Gerard said, not sounding the least bit upset about Batman getting away, although it might have been he was used to it by now. "Good, see you soon then." Gordon said and hung up. "Of course, you might not be needed by then" Gordon murmmured to himself while he than resumed ordering policemen around outside the bank.

It took five minutes for Batman to arrive at the bank. He parked in the abandoned alleyway behind it to avoid the police, and sticking to the shadows, scaled the wall to the skylights. When he reached them, he looked down and saw the massacre. Unsuprised, yet still effected, he broke walked onwards. He then noticed KGBeast, sitting in a chair, looking down the scope on his gun. It looked different, shinier, better, and a bit more compact. He sprayed some explosive gel on the window above him, and right when he was about to activate it, KGBeast turned and easily shot the can out of his hands while destroying the window he was standing on. "Good to be back" KGBeast said after acheiving this. While in mid-air, he opened his cape, slowing his descent and landed in front of KGBeast. "Ah, hello old friend. It's been a long time. As you can see, I got some new weapons. They should proove adequete in killing you" KGBeast said with his thick accent. "Speaking of them who healed you...and how did you survive?" Batman asked trying to stall for time. "Don't worry about it. The  старые пердеть that healed me after I awoke is dead. I got him to trust me, and after regaining my strenght, tested it by ripping his head off" KGBeast said indifferently. "It's time to stop this" Batman warned him. "Stop? Oh no, it is just beginning  Старый друг. Let's have a little fun." Unmoved Batman responded "You know you can't win. Now you need to stop before it goes to far" Bat man said forewarningly. "Too far? Have you looked around you? We're at the end of the line, there's no where left to go  идиот. Now, I don't suppose you remember the match I offered you in the sewers below?" "I do" "Very good, comrade. Then let us commence in it" "No" Batman replied. "I expected you to say that, which is why I got this." He then bent behind a desk, and before Batman could act, he pulled up a child. "Now, comrade, about that match..."

Looking at a POV where the child was unseeable, SWAT had finally arrived, and was about to storm the building when they noticed Batman was confronting KGBeast. "Heh, what do you know...Maybe if we're lucky, they'll kill each other" Gerard said half-serious. "Ok men, ready the tear gas, as soon as one of them loses, we're going in." Gordon confronted him about this. "Oh please, Gordon, let me command my men my way in peace!" Gerard said exasperated. "I know you were all buddy-buddy with him, but now he's a killer. So who are you with" Gerard then accused, "Us or him?" "I'm with whoever will stop this maniac first" Gordon said impassively. "I"m afraid there are three of those in the present area, you're going to have to be a bit more specific" Gerard replied annoyed. Gordon looked on, ignoring the impatient lieutenant, wondering if KGBeast was once again the super-assassin he once was, and if so, praying Batman would be enough to stop him.

"NOW, you've crossed the line. Put him down now!" Batman demanded in a desperate tone. "Of course, but only if we have that match, and I do expect it to be followed, comrade or else." Batman stared at the terrified child, and relented. "Fine, but put him down." KGBeast did so. "Now then, I suppose you know how this goes, comrade?" "You can still stop this, you don't have to die." "Don't worry comrade, I won't!" KGBeast said before pointing his gun at him and using the flamethrower. Batman, suprised by this was barely able to escape it unscathed, and used his grapple after jumping out of the way to get to the second floor. "That won't save you, comrade" KGBeast said. He used a scanner to find Batman, and after doing so found him. "There you are" he whispered and fired. Batman didn't hear the silenced sniper rifle as if fired right at his shoulder, and it was only quick reaction skills that allowed to to shift to his forearm instead. He then fled back into the shadows, and realized that he had accepted something that might be unwinnable. "Come on, comrade" KGBeast taunted "let's play". Batman was then struck with an idea. Using his built in echo-location, he was able to predict where he and the child were, and was about to use his explosive gel on top of KGBeast without harming the child, when he remembered that KGBeast had shot it out of his hands. Looking around for it, he noticed a chandelier directly on top of KGBeast. Unfortunately, it's steel wire was not cuttable by his bat-a-rang. Realizing what he had to do, he jumped into the open, to have KGBeast fire upon him. KGBeast just noticed Batman jump out, his arm bleeding badly. " Дурак!" he cried, and turned his gun to fully-automatic. Batman was halfway to the third floor when bullets started to fly all around him. Realizing this was way to fast a rate for a semi-automatic, he realized that he was up against a fully-automatic sniper rifle. He was hit oncemore in the palm before reaching the third floor, and right below the chandelier. He then grappled onto it, and all the lights on it were shot out. Batman looked up and noticed the rope starting to break. He smirked and said "It's over" and jumped off just and it broke and fell. KGBeast was reloading when he heard the snap, and looked up to see a half-ton chandelier falling directly towards him. "Oh,  дерьмо" he managed to say before being hit.

The SWAT team heard a crash and looking in saw the Batman land on top of a chandalier, that itself was on top of KGBeast. This was also when they noticed the child.

Batman was about to leave when he heard the door smash and SWAT units came running in. Gerard then swaggered in, Gordon in tow. "Well, if it isn't batman. Normally, I would be arresting you, but...I don't see any crime commited here, just a civilian doing his civic duty." This was unusually nice for Gerard, and everyone knew it. "Officer Henrickson" Gerard cried. "Yes sir!" "Take this child home, he's had a long day" "Yes sir!". He then was about to lead the child out when he went and got his backpack, and then came out and grabbed Henrickson's hand. He looked at Batman, and with his wide green eyes said "Thank you". He then left. KGBeast looked up at Batman, amazingly still concious. "Well, it was a death match, comrade. Finish it". "No" said Batman. "You will regret that" KGBeast said darkly. Recognizing the threat in his voice, Batman turned to him "What did you do!?" he demanded.

In his squad car, Henrickson was trying to entertain the young child while driving to his house. "So...Buddy...what's your name?" The child was silent for a moment, then responded "Seth...". "How old are you?" "Ten..." "Really, I have a nephew who's ten...So, you play any games?" Officer Henrickson said. "I like X-Box..." Seth responded. "Really, well I'll be sure to remember that...Hey, Seth, wanna see something cool?" Seth looked up at him, "Ok". "Alright then, press that button." Henrickson said, while pointing to the button that activated the radio. After Seth did so and turned on the siren, he giggled. Henrickson, encouraged, then pointed at one that activated the siren. After Seth hit this one, he smiled and started giggling happily. Henrickson was about to show him something else when a small beeping was heard. Henrickson, not alarmed at first looked at his cell phone, but saw it was off. He asked Seth if he had one, to which he said no. The beeping got faster and faster, and Henrickson then started to panic searching the car, and Seth started looking really scared. Right when the beeping was reaching it's max, Henrickson realized it was coming from Set's bag under the glove box. He tried to reach, but right when he grabbed the bag the beeping stopped.

Batman was about to go when there was a distant explosion. Realizing what had happened he looked at KGBeast, whom the police had managed to get out from the chandelier and was quite obvious most of his bones were broken and smashed. KGBeast looked up, and said smugly "You lose.." He was then dragged to the police car and thrown in, and Batman was left wishing he had killed him.

Alfred was watching the news when Bruce returned home, and turned off the T.V. and went back to cleaning. Bruce walked by, not saying anything. Alfred said, not looking up from his work, "You did the right thing, Master Wayne. If you were to kill him, than you would have been no better than those you capture. It is Batman's greatest strength." Bruce walked by, and right before entering the hallway responded, "It's also his greatest weakness" and went to his room. Alfred decided to leave him alone for now, but responded to himself, "Only if he allows it to be."

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Nice work!

Always nice to see the lesser-known Batvillains get the spotlight.