The Adventures of Doc Strong Chapter V.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

Edited By Decept-O

Forums » Fan-Fic » The Adventures of Doc Strong. Chapter 1.

Forums » Fan-Fic » The Adventures of Doc Strong. Chapter II.

Forums » Fan-Fic » The Adventures of Doc Strong. Chapter III.

Forums » Fan-Fic » The Adventures of Doc Strong Chapter IV

(Please do not move nor delete this blog post. Story copyright E.N.Boyd)

Talon made his way down the embankment, after slowly emerging from his hiding position among the wooden beams. The red dirt spilled down to the path below, announcing his arrival. Doc Strong and Rulah's horses and pack mule heard and saw him and before they could neigh and thereby announce his presence he imprinted upon their animal minds he was not there, to ignore him. His telepathy worked, the horses and mule became quiet, lowering their heads.

He walked up to the animals, keeping his mind "open", to be aware if the Strongs should suddenly decide to emerge from the cave. He made his way to the pack mule, and slowly lifted the tarp. What he saw astonished even him. It looked like a diver's bell, something he'd seen illustrated in the newspaper on the East Coast many years ago, a device sailors used in the ocean depths. However it appeared different from a diver's bell in many ways, it had a helmet but instead had a flat glass face plate. He touched it but the feel was different from glass. He saw the circular almost balloon like joints of the device's arms and legs, all stored in rows of three on the mule. He decided to pick up one of the arms, and to his surprise it was rather light weight. He was curious about this thing but his intent was to find out what the hell the Strongs were doing in his mine. He placed the arm back down, covering the whole thing with the tarp as the mule shuffled a bit, its breath getting a bit of moisture on his sleeve.

He didn't have time to concern himself with his appearance, he crept near the entrance of the mine. He held his Colt up at the ready as he stood flat against the entry's side. He could hear the two talking.

"Rulah, I found a spot for us to sit down for a spell. Let's drink some more water and eat that jerky while we have some time. We will set up the tent in about 15 minutes but let's cool down.", Talon heard Doc tell his wife.

Talon had a decision to make. He had to prevent the two from discovering not only his recent activity here in the mine but also had to prevent the discovery of the lava men. If either occurred he'd certainly risk losing all he'd gained, and that was something he wasn't going to allow to happen. He knew, despite having his Colt at the ready, if he shot the two, he'd risk an investigation into their murder. However, if he somehow rigged an accident to befall the two, it would be assumed the Strongs met an ill fate and none would be the wiser. However he struggled to think of a way to make an "accident" happen so he crouched low and thought up a plan as the pair inside cooled their heels.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Sleep" Talon thought, sending out his telepathic message to the pair. This would give him time to figure out his next step. He had since risen and looked inside the entrance and could see the Strong couple laying askew, obviously asleep. Indeed he checked their minds and met their subconscious, as they began to enter their dreams. He called out to his lava men. He pocketed his Colt, and brushed off his shirt sleeve as he walked over to Rulah. He bent down and lifted a strand of her curly auburn hair, smelling it. Indeed she was quite beautiful, possibly the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen and this fool Strong had managed to marry her. He shook his head as he straightened up, and soon three of his lava men met him. "Master, we are here.",. they replied telepathically. "Good, my men. I need you to help me rid of these invaders. They want to destroy your home and your race. We can't allow that my men. Pick these two up and take them to the tailing pile.", he instructed the subterranean humanoid creatures.

As the creatures picked up the couple, their limp bodies hanging over their rocky shoulders, Talon was indeed impressed by these creatures despite their simple ways. They were not human, that much he knew and soon discovered, although they had some humanoid features. They didn't reproduce like humans, and he couldn't determine any genders nor sex organs among the creatures. Instead he learned that when one of these creatures expired, a pool of lava would form amid the decaying corpse and from it would spring another lava man. It was the most peculiar thing he'd ever witnessed and knew that scientists and theologians would have a field day with the creatures should they ever learn of their existence. That and what he'd been using them for would also not be good for his health, so to speak but Talon had implemented many plans and they'd worked out thus far.

The lava men lumbered their way down a shaft of the mine, expertly climbing over the dirt, rocks, and wading through the waist high water like a knife through butter, never stumbling. Talon however did struggle to walk and he could go no further as they approached a pond of water which was by his estimate at least 100 feet deep. Beneath the waters were piles of tailing and other waste which the lava men had mined. It was this very pond which leaked and seeped into the surrounding veins and underground streams and wells of the surrounding mines and Tombstone proper.

He didn't concern himself too much about that at the moment. Instead, he commanded his lava men, "Place these two in the water and push them down. Drown the invaders!". The lava men did as Talon instructed, the man they called the "Black Bat" and also "Master", his grip on their minds ever tighter, as these simple minded humanoid creatures placed the sleeping forms of Doc Strong and Rulah beneath the surface of the water, pushing their bodies into the water below.

To be continued.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@Decept-O: "What's going to happen to the Doc & Rulah? Who's going to fetch the mule? Join us next time for the Adventures of Doc Strong!" cue piano music

I really like this. A multi-layered bad guy, a Jules Verne-esque potential expedition into the mine and Lava Men all with a serious cliffhanger/waterfall death ending

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Decept-O

@batkevin74: Ha Ha! Thanks, your comments are enjoyable and entertaining themselves. I am stoked you are enjoying this, taking time to read what I'm writing and commenting. Again I appreciate it, and hope you will continue to read what I have planned down the pike.