That story ruining moment in fanfiction.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ever have one of those moments in fanfiction where you're reading, then suddenly something happens in the story and you think about not reading it anymore?

Ill go first: Reading a Mass Effect fanfiction, and then Garrus was killed off..... i didn't want to read the rest.

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Years ago, I had the misfortune of reading an Inspector Gadget fic that portrayed the beloved bumbling bionic inspector as a real mean bastard (I apologize to bastards everywhere for that, but the actual words I would have used frighten all the explatives). Every review on it at the time was demanding it be taken down and the writer banned. I think it eventually happened, but I still remember the attrocity.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@richgenx: I kinda like the idea of a grim & gritty Inspector Gadget, sort like a Swiss Army Robocop! :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

I generally dislike any fanfic where the character is wildly out of character. I feel like the author isn't really writing that character then (this is my gripe in general with New 52 as well). However, what I don't mind so much is reinventing an unrealistic character (which is why I keep giving New 52 a chance). For instance: Batman simply cannot be miserable 24/7 and be an effective crimefighter. Realistically, he's going to spiral into depression, or lunacy, or snap and go on a killing spree. OR, he's going to crack a smile once in awhile and be able to carry on some semblance of human life. So if someone reinvents him with full blown personality, or gives him a girlfriend, or involves him more with Wayne Enterprises, I'm okay with that.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@richgenx: You're a horrible person! I'm a bastard so now I'm offended and I'm going to run away as fast as I can in the opposite direction while crying!

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

'Round about the time Spidey brings out the glow stick.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

'Round about the time Spidey brings out the glow stick.

10/10

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonelrunaway: I've obviously missed something here, but why would he do that, when he has the spider-light on his belt?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By dngn4774

@cbishop said:

@colonelrunaway: I've obviously missed something here, but why would he do that, when he has the spider-light on his belt?

Cause you can't rave with just a light belt! *dances to uhnz-uhnz-uhnz-uhnz music. Wakes up with a wicked hangover, a hobgoblin tramp stamp, and many more regrets.*

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

Cause you can't rave with just a light belt! *dances to uhnz-uhnz-uhnz-uhnz music. Wakes up with a wicked hangover, a hobgoblin tramp stamp, and many more regrets.*

You can when you set it to strobe!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@cbishop said:

@dngn4774 said:

You can when you set it to strobe!

But that can cause seizures! The last thing we need is Spiderman get sued for harming an epileptic.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: As long as he's not dancing with a room full of Pokemon fans, he'll be fine.