Teenage Mutant Ninja Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop

RANKED 2nd BY VOTERS IN CHARACTER CREATION CONTEST #29!

DateMarvel Fanfare:ViewRead the...
04/25/15Teenage Mutant Ninja Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.(Blog) (Forum)Disclaimer
RatingRating explanation
TMutagenic madness.

Wearing a beige suit and dark shades, Henry Peter Gyrich watched silently as the techs rolled in two matching tables. One held a specially made device that looked a bit like a high tech shop vac, and the other held the specimens that had been so carefully chosen for this project. The techs, all in lab coats, were buzzing around the tables and the rest of the room, getting ready for the experiment.

Looking at the specimens, Henry pointed at a young, blonde tech, and said, "Jensen! What is that?"

Jensen jumped when the agent barked his name, and looked at Gyrich with some confusion. Looking at the table nervously, he answered, "I don't understand, sir. They're what you reques..."

"Not the plants, you idiot!" snarled Agent Gyrich. "That!"

No Caption Provided

"Oh!" smiled Jensen. "The ribbons. Those were Meredith's idea. It's to help tell them apart." It was obvious he had a crush on Meredith.

Henry suppressed the urge to slap him. "Might be a good idea," he said noncommittally.

"Yeah, she's great," agreed Jensen.

Get on with it!
Get on with it!

With revulsion in his voice, Henry snarled, "Get on with it!"

With that, Jensen and everyone else focused in on their specific jobs. His was manning the pump on the first table. There was a brief countdown from three from someone at a panel on the wall, and then they pointed at Jensen. "Goop 'em!"

Jensen pulled a lever much like a slot machine, the pump hummed to life, and a vaguely glowing goop coated the four plants on the opposite table. Once they were covered, he shut off the machine and they waited. Nothing happened immediately. "Are we sure this is going to work?" asked Gyrich.

"Well," started Jensen, "they're called 'experiments' for a reason. This goop hit a bat flying around a streetlight and a kid who tackled an old man out of the way of our truck, and it produced one of the finest agents S.H.I.E.L.D. has ever had."

"Murdock's good," agreed Gyrich. "But plants?" The four small plants just sat there, the glow of the goop pulsing slowly.

"We couldn't very well purposely try this on humans, could we?" answered Jensen.

"No, of course not." Henry sounded disappointed.

Jensen continued, "Right, and the animal rights whiners would go into spasms if we tried it on animals...although Meredith had the cutest little turtles picked out before that idea got axed."

...we can make an unlimited amount of footsoldiers for S.H.I.E.L.D.
...we can make an unlimited amount of footsoldiers for S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Jensen!" snapped the agent.

"Oh! Uh, right. Anyway, if this works, we can make an unlimited amount of footsoldiers for S.H.I.E.LD."

"Plants were really our best option?" asked Gyrich.

"Well, we have a vampire problem right now. Something to do with those mutants out of Westchester," Jensen shrugged. "So the wooden limbs will be lethal to those bloodsuckers."

Gyrich raised an eyebrow. "Great. Saved by Pinocchio. And how are we making them mobile?"

"The goop, of course. And DNA culled from the brightest young minds our education system has to offer. 'Lice checks' allowed us to collect what we needed." Jensen waggled his eyebrows when he said "lice checks."

Gyrich again suppressed the urge to slap him. Then he pointed and hollered, "Look!"

The goop moved. The plants shuddered. Then they swayed. Then they bent and moved in ways not natural for plants. They grew limbs that they used like hands, and they stepped from their buckets, roots serving as legs and feet. Eyes and other facial features formed in the foliage, and then they grew to about five foot seven inches each. They started changing shapes, forming into various shaped plants- cats, chameleons, squirrels, etc.

The room held its breath- even Gyrich- then the techs burst out into cheers and whoops, high fiving each other.

"It's worked!" shouted Jensen. "Agent Gyrich, I give you plant soldiers that can camouflage themselves! I give you Teenage Mutant Ninja Topiaries!"

"Ninja?" asked Gyrich.

I will teach them that.
I will teach them that.

"I will teach them that," said a quiet voice from behind him.

Henry spun to see a four foot tall rat with a red robe and a walking stick. "What the hell is that?" he exclaimed.

Jensen sounded a little sheepish. "Um, well, that old man that Murdock saved? He was carrying a pet rat, and they got gooped too. Turns out he's a ninja master."

Gyrich looked at Jensen incredulously. Then back to the rat.

Bowing his head slightly, the rat said, "My name is Master Splinter."

Henry looked at Splinter for a few moments, saying nothing. Then, "A 'ninja master,' huh? And you couldn't dodge a truck on your own?"

The rat seemed to smile as it shrugged. "Had I done that, our young Mister Murdock could not fulfill his destiny, could he?"

He trained Murdock, sir.
He trained Murdock, sir.

Gyrich took his shades off and rubbed his eyes with his thumb and forefinger. He then glanced at Jensen.

Jensen leaned in and said, "He trained Murdock, sir."

Henry looked at Jensen blankly, remembering one of Murdock's first missions against Hydra, then nodded. Putting his shades back on, he glanced again at the Topiaries. Just before he headed for the door, he looked at the rat and said, "Do it."

Please let me know what you think, and thanks! -cbOriginally Presented In: CCC #29.

Story, original characters and content are owned by Chris Bishop. Copyright Chris Bishop 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop
OC Names:
Characters:
  • Jensen
  • Meredith
Teams:
  • TMNTopiaries (sorta OC; more parody)
  • unnamed techs
Comic Characters used in this fic:
Picture Credits:
PictureCredit
[the four trees in buckets with ribbons]Alexander & Sophia's It's a Totally Tubular Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Party! on alexanderandsophia.com. Found via Google Images.
"Get on with it!"Henry Peter Gyrich, found on CV wiki, property of Marvel.
"...we can make an unlimited amount of footsoldiers for S.H.I.E.L.D."SHIELD logo, found on CV wiki, property of Marvel, cropped for story.
cat topiaryStanding Cat Topiary on thereignofcatsanddogs.com. Found via Google Images.
chameleon topiaryChameleon Topiary on themetapicture.com. Found via Google Images. Original source unknown- this pic is all over the Internet.
squirrel topiaryFrom Dick 'n Debbie's Travels June 28, 2012 on dickndebbietravels.com. Found via Google Images.

turtle topiary

From Simply Succulents on simplysucculents.com. Found via Google Images.
"I will teach them that."Master Splinter, found in CV wiki, licensed property originating with Mirage.
"He trained Murdock, sir."Cover to What If? #28, cropped for story, found on CV wiki, property of Marvel.
CCC #29 comments for Teenage Mutant Ninja Agents:
CommentWho
@batkevin74: I've got to be honest, besides the fact that I'm distracted by working on the flooded storage shed, I've really got nothing for this at the moment. Still thinking though.cbishop
@cbishop: No worries, but you do still have time, maybe a comic book is washed down the drain into the ooze and viola that's your story which is part real life part not...real life :)batkevin74
@batkevin74: I actually woke up with my story this morning. It's a bit odd, but wth, I'm going to go with it.cbishop
@cbishop: Well right now its 7.49am in Sydney on the 15th, you've got til 11.59am on the 16th (still Australian time btw) which for you is plenty of timebatkevin74
@batkevin74: ...hopefully I won't be down to the wire this time. :}cbishop
...I was really torn between cbishop and BatKev, but I had to go with cbishop.TheJester
Alright, have spend a good bit of time looking these over, and gotta give my vote to cbishop :) These were all really well done, there wasn't a single one I didn't enjoy, but cbish impressed me the most.BumpyBoo
@bumpyboo: Thanks, Bumpy'! :)cbishop
.Fic-O-Pedia: cbishop. (My library of fics)Fic #083

Thanks for stopping in! :^D

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop

The Origins Behind the Origins (or how some of these characters got their names):

TMNTopiaries

CCC 29 called for TMN<something other than turtles>. The only reason I went with topiaries was that I found that picture I used in the story of the four trees in buckets with the ribbons tied around them. I thought that was a really odd thing to do. I started thinking about it though, and that turned into, "It's so ridiculous, it just might work!" And I'm happy with it. lol

That's all for now! Thanks for reading. :^D

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cbishop

Title change bump. :)