Superman's Admirer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Her name was Susan. She was born in Metropolis and when she was five she already knew she would never leave the city she loved. It didn't matter if she couldn't ever get anyone to stop and talk to her, nor did it matter that the only way she was able to live in the city was that she lived off of her inheritance in a small apartment. She could have afforded a bigger apartment but if she did that she never would've been able to afford all of the Superman memorabilia.

He was the reason she never left the city. He saved her once when she was five and no matter what anyone told her, she DID remember. She remembered every single detail. From the way the air brushed her face to the way it felt when he held her in his arms. Alas, she was now thirty-five. She has grown rather introverted never ever talking to anyone. She hated how she felt when she left her little apartment. The hair on the back of he neck would spike up slightly, her pulse would rise astronomically, she'd by instinct crane her neck down, her voice would grow to a meek whisper, and she would sweat, profusely. So she ordered everything she needed to be delivered to her.

Alone she would sit in her small crowded apartment. Susan would usually be listening to the Superman fan club radio. It's how she found out so many interesting things about him. Like how a green rock that apparently glowed would make him sluggish, or how many times he had saved Lois Lane. Of who she was so jealous of. Lois was saved an astounding three hundred and twenty two times. In Susan's mind that was oh, so many times to remember, oh so vividly.

Her obsession remained but she always did feel quite lonely. She knew she didn't look as good as everyone else before she only left her apartment to go downstairs and pick up the mail. But after her self imposed exile from any real face to face contact she stopped taking any care of herself.She just sat in a rocking chair near a window listening to her precious radio in a room filled with Superman related items. Even though she was lonely she did feel happy, no one ever disappointed her. They always had new adventures of Superman playing. Superman would sometimes help out in places that weren't Metropolis. She remembered this one time she heard about Superman helping out a hero she though to be very unsavory. His name was Batman. Superman was over in Gotham for three days. She hated those three days. She never understood why someone would want to ever leave Metropolis either. She used to travel throughout every single part of the city and knew every single part of the city looked breathtaking. Sure some part of the city had some fishy business going on, but they still looked nice, those parts of the city were nice enough to wear a facade of being nice. She was thankful for that, she really was.

Now one day she woke up to loud bangs and explosions, she ran to her radio. She turned it on and it said "SUPERMAN. IS. DEAD? THE HUMANITY! WHAT WILL WE DO NOW? OUR HERO IS GONE! WHO WILL STOP EVIL IN THE NAME OF TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE AMERICAN WAY? TODAY THE DOOMSDAY HAS COME UPON A TRUE AMERICAN HERO!"

Susan fainted. Susan was done. Susan couldn't understand how something could kill her hero? Susan knew first hand that he was invincible, or at least she though that. She woke up with a stream of terrible thoughts running through her head. She didn't know what she would do now, how could she possibly deal with all of the evils that would now roam through Metropolis unchecked? Who would save her? Who would save all of the lovely citizens that never ever talked to her in the city she loved? She knew that she wouldn't want to live in a world without her hero. She picked up her radio and tossed it against a wall. Afterwards she opened her window. Susan stepped out onto the fire escape and dreamed she could fly like her hero could. She leaped.

The cops found her and with a bit of researching found out who she was. The cops found out that dear Susan didn't actually have any other living family. They alerted the man who owned the apartment building. He was aware that Susan was a fan of superman fan and that she didn't usually get out but when he looked into her apartment he was shocked.

Months pass and it turns out Superman is alive. Jim, the owner of the apartment tries to get in contact with the hero. With the hopes of letting him know that his biggest admirer was no longer walking on earth. Superman did actually get the message when he was a paper taped to a window. The big blue boy scout contacted Jim promptly. He was touched by the story Jim told him. The Man of Steel wept.

1 MONTH LATER.

"So, uh, Superman? What DOES the `S` really stand for?" A younger female reporter asked. Hoping to get an answer that would really make her once in a lifetime interview really stand out.

"Well you see it doesn't just stand for one thing." He responds with a calm voice that has an undercurrent of steel. Every single one of his words made you want to listen more. "It stands for hope, it stands for every single one of those people who look up to me, it stands for a young lady who was named Susan who fell through of Metropolis. You could say I am her biggest fan." He flashes the reporter a big toothy grin and finishes his statement with a "Next question?" He winks.

Note - I wrote this rather quickly. It took me thirty-ish minutes to write and while I looked for any big grammar mistakes, I may have missed some smaller ones.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here's the deal. The story has a great premise, and Susan's vulnerability as a character automatically makes you want to know more about her. But there isn't more! And I can't help but feel killing her off within the first section of the story was a pity.My greatest piece of advice, would be to never rush a story that's worth telling. With that being said, I would recommend that you reflect upon what this story means to you, give it a little more time and love, and extend it into a three-part mini-story. Perhaps even more!

Omniscience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@dagmar_merrill: STALKER! She had such potential to become a threat to Superman with her "love" turning to sheer hatred. If she survived the accident like Superman returned from the dead, holding the grudge that he didn't save her!

Good idea though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I never thought to make her a villian. Interesting point of view.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers