Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Gangbuster waited on the rooftop for the men who had entered the convenience store to exit. Not that it was illegal to go to the store or anything. It's just not appropriate when it's been locked down. Guess the guys inside didn't see the "We are closed, sign." It happens a lot in the Slums. More often then most people knew or cared to. That was why it was up to the people who lived there to protect themselves. There were no heroes here. The Savior Squad were too busy lording over the upscale neighborhoods and financial districts of Downtown Metropolis or Gotham City. But places like Crime Alley, Suicide Slum and The Glades in Star City, they were left behind.

"Yo grab the f-king tv Ernie, Damn n--ga don't you know we robbing right now?" A voice shot from the stores door. The guys inside were smart. Somehow they had managed not to trip the alarm; no signs of forced entry. There was an expert amongst them. Had to be.

"I'm the security expert, not a laborer, so how about you relax. I could lose my job for this s--t!" Another voice snapped from the entrance. The men were in their early twenties, from what Gangbuster could make out. Which was hard to tell since these guys were smart enough to keep their heads down. The tv that 'Ernie' was holding, was actually a surveillance monitor. Gangbuster surmised that they were taking it as a precaution. Very smart indeed.

It never ceased to amaze him on the length some people would go for a buck. He had only been operating for a month, and already he had seen people willing to pimp their teenage daughters, or even attack the elderly for scratch. One of the strangest cases, was a man who crawled through sewage in order to steal only six hundred bucks in cellphones from a radio shack. It was only six hundred because, unlike these guy's, the sewage dude didn't think of a well planned and played exit strategy. So Gangbuster was forced to follow the guy into the filth, since he had responded before the cops. It pissed him off, and he may have hit the guy harder then he should have. The guy is still alive; he just doesn't have all his teeth anymore.

Gangbuster had to admit. It was a joy watching the men work. They were professionals. In and out quickly, and quietly and without violence. Well almost without violence; because now it was Showtime at the Apollo.

"Ernie I hate to break it to you, but you should be more concerned about losing your teeth." Gangbuster said before leaping off of the roof, a few feet away from the two men. They were both Hispanic, just like the man under the riot gear. It really disappointed Jose that Gangbuster would have to take these men in. But it's part of the job. Can't show favoritism or discriminate. These boys were criminals, no if ands or buts.

Both men were initially startled by the man with the tanned body armor. Then surprise, lead to laughter and ridicule.

"Yooo Ernie, what the f-k is this n--a wearing son?" Asked the larger unnamed boy. He had a prison tattoo on the left side of his neck; a snake coiled around a knife, dark features, and a long beard under the chin. He may have been in his twenties, but he led the life of a much older man.

"People been going crazy since that Doomsday s--t, give him that white in your pocket." Sneered Ernie.

"Ain't gonna happen. After this, me and my b-tch gon turn up." The larger male said, staring at the costumed man and saying, "get yo crazy ass outta here. Unless you want some crack n--a, I can't help you."

Gangbuster looked thoughtful. Almost confused, then after sometime he replied with, "crack? Did you say crack?" He asked while doing his best to sound lost.

"I knew he was a junkie." Ernie said to his partner. "Emilio, give that dude something so we can leave already."

"So you want some hard Robocop?" Said Emilio.

"Actually--" Gangbuster began, as he removed two batons from holsters at each hip. "--I still want some crack!"

CRACK!!

With incredible speed the vigilante had smashed the thug in the knee, causing him to drop a few bags of money as he feel over cradling his now wounded right leg. Ernie tossed the monitor at Gangbuster's head, catching the armored man off guard.

"F-k you!" The young tough guy screamed as he bull rushed forward only to catch a knee to the throat. Suddenly things got loud! A vehicle came screeching into the alley where the men were standing, a large white astro van. Grabbing Emilio and shoving Ernie out of the way, Gangbuster leapt out of harms way himself, damaging his left leg in the process. The van came to an abrupt stop, inches away from a wall and a pile of trash. With his knee now busted, Gangbuster was now faced with more attackers; this time smart enough to be armed. He cursed himself for being careless! How else were they going to escape? They were professionals after all. Four men spilled from the van, all carrying handguns. Mostly 9mms. And while he did wear riot armor, he would not be invulnerable forever; eventually someone would shoot for his mouth. He crouched, prepared to die a fighters death, just like he had been prepared every time he got in the ring. Because every time, there was no guarantee he would survive. Jose Delgado was a fighter. And it was as simple as that.

"Come on!" Gangbuster screamed; now overtaken by hysteria and adrenaline, now more then ever set on taking these guys with him if need be.

Suddenly the men started to drop like flies. Something metallic flying from above and slamming hard into each one of them. He followed the line of assault, up above his head, and to a rooftop opposite of the one he stood on before. He could make out the lithe, silhouette of a woman. For a while both he nor she made a movement, and silence hung in the air for what seemed to be forever, until Gangbuster broke it with, "who are you?"

The woman said nothing. She just turned and vanished, leaving Gangbuster in the alley with a gang of wounded men. And way too many questions.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@guardiandevil83: Isn't Blockbuster a villain? Still it looks like Bert & Ernie's evil doppelgangers got what they deserved

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Holy crap. I meant Gangbuster lol

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By SaintWildcard

Unknown female silhouette? This can't be good.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Its Thorn (Spoiler) I'll explain what's up with her later. I guess we gotta pick up the slack. Lol

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By SaintWildcard

@guardiandevil83 said:

@saint_wildcard: Its Thorn (Spoiler) I'll explain what's up with her later. I guess we gotta pick up the slack. Lol

Ugh, eager to join but can't follow through. I knew he was going to be trouble when he created an other Fan Fic group.