Star Wars GOT: Juggernaut Vourrech the Honorable #8

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

After Vourrech, Aola and Jancali had reached their his Imperial Mantis starship, they immediately set off for Balmorra. After about 6 hours of flying, they reached their destination. "My Lord, the Republic had an abandoned missile station in central Balmorra. They were planning on using the station about 10 years ago, but the Jedi Council voted against it for ethical reasons. The projectiles were small but pinpoint accurate, and were meant to be shot in the water supplies of Imperial aligned planets. The missiles weren't actually missiles at all, but untraceable poison capsules meant to poison entire populations. Within months, entire planets would either surrender to the Republic or die out."

"I expect nothing more from the Republic," Vourrech spat. "Arrogant, self righteous hypocrites. I only wish I could have been there when Darth Malgus razed their precious temple to the ground." Vourrech prepared to leave the ship, lightsaber at his side, as it landed near the base. Smoke rose around the ship as the door was opened. Vourrech stepped out, a menacing figure covered in imposing heavy armor, as Aola and Jancali followed him. He turned around, shaking his head. "If this Jedi is powerful enough to be the target of a high ranking Sith lord, I think it would be wise if you stay behind." he insisted. Aola opened her mouth to protest, but decided against it. "May the Force be with you, Master." she smiled.

Vourrech nodded as he walked to face the Jedi. The massive missile base where they had landed was covered in rust and holes, it practically looked like it was some kind of great ruin. Vourrech stood before the base, extending his hand forward. As he clenched his hand, the wall began to shake. The metal began to slowly bend and tear, wider and wider, until there was a space wide enough for Vourrech to walk through.

He surveyed the surroundings of the building, it was practically quiet as a tomb apart from a very faint noise from above. Vourrech saw a tall, spiraling staircase nearby. Daeg Sessyln was no doubt at the top. Vourrech slowly began to walk up the stairs, but as he began to walk higher and higher, he heard what was clearly the sound of...Lightsabers clashing. Someone had gotten there before him. Vourrech picked up his speed, running up the stairs, beyond curious to see who else had gotten there before him. When he got to the top, he was amazed to see that another Jedi was fighting Daeg.

The Jedi carried a purple bladed lightsaber, and he wore a long grey cloak and hood. He was extremely well built and must have stood at least 6'4. He was very dark skinned with a grayish, black goatee and black eyes, looking like he was in his 50s. Daeg wore heavy armor like Vourrech, only in a brown and grey color pattern and wearing a brown robe. Despite being a Nautolon, there was a slightly white tinge in his face, and the scars of dark side corruption were clear on his face. Vourrech stayed in the shadows, ever so curious why they were fighting.

"You were a fool to follow me, Adar!" Daeg snarled. "I come here with the authority of the true Republic!" Adar shook his head positioning his double bladed saber in Soresu form. "I hold no loyalty to the Republic, the Empire or any other government." he said coldly. "I fight for the security and justice of all innocent life. Even the lives of Imperials. It was a mistake to let you go on our last confrontation, one I don't intend to duplicate."

"The Sith Empire is foul and wickedl, Adar. It deserves to fall to ashes after what they did to the Jedi temple!" Daeg yelled. "I am on the cusp of wiping them from history, and leading a new Republic into the sun! A strong Republic...A feared Republic..."

"A false Republic!" Adar responded, as he readied for Daegar's charge. Before he could defend himself, Daeg was thrown back into the wall, as if by an invisible hand. Vourrech appeared out of the darkness, much to the shock of the two Jedi. Daeg laughed at Adar, mockingly. "Here's that "innocent life" you were talking about." he laughed. "Wonder if he'll be as understanding." Vourrech unsheathed his lightsaber, crimson as red as his internal rage, before addressing Daegar. "I wish no harm on your..."Friend" over here." Vourrech said calmly. "Without hostile intentions that threaten the Empire, and having denounced loyalty to the Republic, he will be free to leave here and do as he wishes. I intend on having much more "fun" with you."

Vourrech held his lightsaber in Djem So form, joining Adar and providing him with an ally. Adar gasped, his eyebrows raised. Could it be that this Sith really did have noble intentions? That he had honor? Or, dare he say...Compassion? It didn't matter, they faced a common enemy who needed to be taken out. Daegar, in his Vaapad fighting style, quickly went on the offensive. He quickly and fiercly slashed at Vourrech and Adar, but the combination of Adar's defensive Soresu style and Vourrech's heavy armor managed to keep them safe from his vicious fighting style. Vourrech's Djem So fighting style meant that he needed to provide the occasional brute force offensive strike after defensive maneuvers.

Still, with both techniques being mostly defense based, the strategy seemed to be to tire Daeg out. The fury of the Dark side gave Daeg plenty of stamina, but even he was beginning to tire. He tried to strike at the legs or mid-section of the Jedi and Sith, but almost every hit was deflected by the blades of Adar's lightsaber, or barely dented Vourrech's armor. Daeg backed up a few feet before force pushing Vourrech into a wall. Now it was just him and Adar. Daeg roared like an animal, hacking and slashing almost wildly. It wasn't even strategy anymore, the dark side guided his every strike. Adar was beginning to have difficulty quelling Daeg's rage. Granted, he hadn't suffered a single blow, but only barely. He had to resort to swinging his saber from side to side, spinning the saber around deflecting any and all strikes. It was effective, but it took plenty of energy out of him, and it was difficult to keep his hands constantly moving.

Vourrech got up slowly, and ran to his ally. Daeg force pushed Adar away, redirecting his attention to Vourrech. Completely consumed by anger and hate, Daegar was ferocious but undisciplined. Vourrech had no problem blocking and deflecting every one of Daeg's attacks. Finally, he hit him with a powerful, energy consuming hack to the shoulder and back of the neck. Not bothering on using any form of defense, Daeg screamed in pain as the lightsaber sliced his flesh. He fell to the ground, dropping his lightsaber. He was still alive, but defeated. He laughed as he looked up at Vourrech. "You can kill me...But I die a martyr. I have many friends and many allies, and my death will only strengthen their resolve. I live in spirit. Unlike your petty Imperial civilia..."

Vourrech extended his hand and began to force choke Daeg. Even with his helmet on, you could hear Vourrech's pants of rage and hatred. He tightened his grip for about a minute before Daeg was finally finished. He let go of the now lifeless body before turning to Adar. Adar shook his head, sighing. "You shouldn't have done that." he said. "We could have imprisoned him, or simply exile him where he couldn't hurt anyone..."

"He was a dangerous and violent psychopath." Vourrech countered. "And he would have surely escaped to terrorize the Empire again if penalized with imprisonment or exile. He deserves a more painful end for the atrocities he's commited." Adar shook his head, getting a good look at Vourrech. "Take of your helmet..." he asked calmly, a softness in his voice. Vourrech took of his helmet, revealing his short brown hair and hazel eyes. He did have a young, boyish look to him, he looked far more intimidating and sure of himself with the helmet on. "How many atrocities has the Empire commited?" Adar asked, How many families, how many women and children have met their demise at the hands of the Sith, how many?"

Vourrech was silent for a moment, before sighing. "I do believe that the Empire must...Embrace a more compassionate, tolerant approach. When I sit upon my throne in the Dark Council, I will enforce this notion." he admitted. "But the Republic of your friend is no better!" Adar smiled, walking away to meditate. "You and I think alike." he laughed softly. "If only we were the ones in charge. My name is Adar Hilaen, I am a Gray Jedi who left the Republic and the Order long ago."

Vourrech put his helmet back on, extending his hand to shake Adar's. "Acolyte Vourrech of the Sith Empire...I suppose it's nice to meet a Jedi who doesn't want to kill me on sight." he laughed.

"It is, isn't it?" a seductive voice cooed. Vourrech and Adar turned around to see they had been followed. It was the Sith lord who Baareb had been in...Relations with. She was exceptionally beautiful, with incredibly fair skin, red lips and a small amount of dark side corruption around her yellow eyes. She had short, jet black hair and wore black medium armor, surprisingly she carried no lightsaber. "Baareb's employer, I assume." Vourrech mocked.

The Sith lord bowed, giggling psychotically. "Darth Lavara, I'm sure you're charmed. I must say I'm a little put out that the party started before my arrival." she pouted exaggeratedly. "My original plan was to meet Daeg just before he launched the capsules, kill him and then alert the Dark Council. I could have sworn I told Baareb to just shoot you in the heads. Oh Baareb, always insisting on playing with his toys before breaking them."

Vourrech rubbed his head, confused. "Wait a minute, I have to ask...How does a high ranking Sith lord like you get with a low class pile of filth like Baareb?"

Lavara chuckled before answering, "It was about 5 years ago," she reminisced. "Baareb was on a mission to find an ancient force amplifying idol of some kind on Ord Mantell for the Republic and was helped by a very annoying Jedi. Of course, After hearing of my...Record, he betrayed the Jedi and proceeded to try and get my attention. After killing 5 of my apprentices and 40 of my troopers in an evening trying to get to me, it seemed that I found a man whose passions and bloodlust was even stronger than mine. Such a shame he wasn't force sensitive. He helped me kill the Jedi AND retrieve the idol. I gave him some casual...Intimacy that night, one thing led to another, now he's my little doll. Perfect "give and take" relationship"

Vourrech shook his head, "You are under arrest for hith crimes against the Sith Empire." he said, before he and Adar charged at Darth Lavara. Lavara immediately shot an extremely dangerous amount of force electricity, causing them to crash through the rusted walls. They screamed in pain as they were sent flying back, moaning even after the initial shock. "This will be a real pleasure." she laughed, slowly walking towards them. Before she could reach them, a rumble was heard. Without warning, Vourrech's Imperial Mantis crashed through the station, causing Vourrech, Lavara and Adar to fall to the ground. Aola and Jancali stepped out, quickly grabbing Vourrech and Adar, before rushing them on board. Adar gave a sigh of relief as the ship began to take off. Aola and Jancali gave a surprised stare at Adar, shocked that Vourrech had welcomed a Jedi on board. Vourrech broke the silence saying, "His name's Adar...He's a man like me."

To be continued...

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Overall, I enjoyed this chapter. I really like the character of Adar. He is the first person that I think will really challenge Vourrech's ideas and make him grow as a character.

I also have a suggestion, if you don't mind. I notice that you have characters to represent the good in the Sith, the bad in the Sith and the bad in the Jedi, but there haven't been any characters that represent the good in the character. I think it would be interesting to set up a an enemy for Vourrech that believes in the Republic like Vourech believes in the Sith and follows the Jedi code. He/she/it could bring a clash of ideologies into the story and make both he/she/it and Vourrech more distinct through contrasting each other.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Overall, I enjoyed this chapter. I really like the character of Adar. He is the first person that I think will really challenge Vourrech's ideas and make him grow as a character.

I also have a suggestion, if you don't mind. I notice that you have characters to represent the good in the Sith, the bad in the Sith and the bad in the Jedi, but there haven't been any characters that represent the good in the character. I think it would be interesting to set up a an enemy for Vourrech that believes in the Republic like Vourech believes in the Sith and follows the Jedi code. He/she/it could bring a clash of ideologies into the story and make both he/she/it and Vourrech more distinct through contrasting each other.

Thanks whoisme!

Yeah, was planning on adding a character that shows the good in the Jedi, but I'll be saving that for later. For now Adar and Vourrech's clash of ideologies will be a big focus. Glad you liked Adar, definitely tried and am trying to make him a strong supporting character that can really help Vourrech grow and develop.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: This was good but a couple of weird things again. First you refer to the Jedi as Daeg but switch the name to Daegar mid story. This is weird because it's not like Vourrech would be on a nickname basis with his target. Secondly, the ending feels really forced as far as dialogue goes. Most Sith wouldn't bother answering personal questions to foes even if they were confident that such a foe would be killed soon after.

Just a few more inconsistencies that I spotted:

1. Nautolans are amphibious and don't grow facial hair.
  2. Mantis' ships are not standard Imperial ships. Sith Warrior ship is the Fury, Mantis is for Bounty Hunters.
  3. Balmorra was taken over by Darth Lachris during the Cold War. It is unlikely that the Sith would not use the weapon's hangar during the period they had control of the planet. Balmorra underwent a civil war and rejoined the Republic after Barsen'thor killed Lachris.
  4. Soresu form is a lightsaber form, saberstaff techniques do not have standard forms.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: This was good but a couple of weird things again. First you refer to the Jedi as Daeg but switch the name to Daegar mid story. This is weird because it's not like Vourrech would be on a nickname basis with his target. Secondly, the ending feels really forced as far as dialogue goes. Most Sith wouldn't bother answering personal questions to foes even if they were confident that such a foe would be killed soon after.

Just a few more inconsistencies that I spotted:

1. Nautolans are amphibious and don't grow facial hair.
  2. Mantis' ships are not standard Imperial ships. Sith Warrior ship is the Fury, Mantis is for Bounty Hunters.
  3. Balmorra was taken over by Darth Lachris during the Cold War. It is unlikely that the Sith would not use the weapon's hangar during the period they had control of the planet. Balmorra underwent a civil war and rejoined the Republic after Barsen'thor killed Lachris.
  4. Soresu form is a lightsaber form, saberstaff techniques do not have standard forms.

Oh, the Daegar thing was by accident. And Daegar doesn't have facial hair, Adar does; he's a human.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Kind of figured that but the language in that paragraph was tricky. Did you read Phantom Lords 5 yet?

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Kind of figured that but the language in that paragraph was tricky. Did you read Phantom Lords 5 yet?

Not all of it, will check it out now. :)

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump