Star Wars Empire: Datapads of Imperials

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

So was thinking about this last night and figured it would be rather interesting to do a Star Wars story, in the format of Datapad telling. Pretty much a journal of sorts, I will be doing 3 of these and see how they are received, I won't do any main/important characters however. These will strictly be following the nameless guys that are there, but they aren't at the same time, some will have names though, just they won't be important characters that many know.

At any rate, let's begin!

============

Star Wars Empire: Datapads of Imperials

Datapad of Imperial Officer: Rusk Kalvin

Log Entry: 004

The damn wiring blew again, cutting off communications with the squad that I had sent out on patrol. 4 months on this backwater planet, stationed in this outpost, it was a wonder how I even arrived at this position. Good news however though, in just a couple of more months i'll be relieved and hopefully go onto a better assignment, I grow tired of doing nothing all day but ordering troops around, dealing with constant breakdowns of communications among other things. Sure we were here to make sure the general populace was kept in line, at times however I wish there was more excitement.

I ordered a couple of Imperial Troopers on clean up duty today, after catching them goofing off with a game of Dejarik. I would say that I would have preferred Stormtroopers at this outpost, but I know the Empire wouldn't send their best to watch over a small outpost like this....still this isn't to say Imperial Troopers aren't all bad, a few doesn't speak for the whole bunch, I just happened to get stuck with the few. Still haven't gotten any word from the patrol I had sent out earlier which worries me, they should have been back by now.

Rebels attacked the outpost! Blasted scum, they were also probably the reason the patrol hadn't come back which meant the outpost was guarded by only a handful of men. I quickly ordered the remaining troopers to gear for combat and to get into cover, it was then the Rebels blasted through the durasteel door and came rushing in. We were lucky that we had time to get behind some cover, the firefight started and we held our position, even driving back the attackers at one point. However it was then that a thermal detonator was thrown into our cover, I shouted for the troopers to get clear however by the time I jumped it had already went off and killed the others.

Of course I wasn't really lucky myself, the blast had melted my E-11 blaster and scorched the right side of my face and my arm. I laid there for what seemed like minutes eyes closed, when I opened them again I saw the barrel of a DH-17 blaster pressed to my forehead, looking up to see a Rebel above me, I gave him a scowl before being hoisted to my feet and taken prisoner.

Datapad Entry closed.

I'm stopping it here for now, I will do the next 2 depending if this one gets good feedback.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@wolfrazer: It's pretty good. One way to improve the formatting is to use a few asterisks as breaks in time. Without the breaks it feels like this guy is just typing while he's fighting, which would be pretty weird. My favorite part is when you mentioned Dejarik, little easter eggs like that are awesome for fans of the series and shows that you are familiar with the theme of your story. It could be longer, and more could happen but that's mostly nitpicking. What the story needs is more characterization, he starts of saying he's bored then things happen and he reacts. There needs to be more of a reason for readers to care about your character. If he's hurt we should feel pain in your descriptions, if he's sad we should feel tragedy when we read. Don't shift to a new idea if you have an opportunity to expand on a thought. Try to milk every idea to the fullest effect and you might have something.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Well the next paragraphs were sort of meant to show passages of time, but yeah i'll clear that up. I didn't want it to be too long either, otherwise the whole TL;DR thing might show. But yeah, the next Datapad Entry will have more feelings and the like.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolfrazer

@dngn4774: Too long, didn't read.

At any rate, i'll see about getting the next entry up at a later time.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: On this board you can usually get around 2000 words before hearing complaints on length. 2000 is actually average so you have a bunch of space if you want to expand thoughts.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

Alright well, here is the next Datapad entry folks! So let's get to it!

=======

Datapad of Imperial Army Pilot: Jusk Treber

Log Entry: 007

3 months, 3 months on this jungle world and command says that we need to stay another month to make sure there isn't any Rebel stragglers left. I sometimes have to question the decisions that are made, we had arrived on the planet and within 2 we had routed and destroyed every possible Rebel base and outpost they had, there couldn't have been more than a very small group left and it's not like they were any threat, they had no supplies nor anyway to get off the planet. But I digress, if the Rebels wanted to continue to fight let them, we'll be ready to take them out with our superior training and vehicles.

Went out on patrol today, driving an AT-ST with my partner Seruis Antilles, not to brag but we were the best AT-ST drivers in our unit. We had been together from the start actually, coming out of Raithal Academy although we were separated after, it wasn't until about a year later we were together again and driving an AT-ST. In fact our skill with piloting one was so good, command decided that we were both to be transferred as a pair along with our AT-ST, sure every AT-ST is the same however we both knew this one was special to us, it has been with us through thick and thin. Heck we could even pilot the thing blind folded, knowing exactly where the buttons and controls were, our commanding officer had spoken to us after we had finished taking out the rest of the Rebel bases, saying that we had been key with the whole operation.

Naturally of course this rather boosted our egos, with Seruis a little moreso which got him in trouble with other Army pilots...I shouldn't be laughing but when he came to me with a black eye I just found it funny.

Damnit all Rebels had attacked us while we were out, we were able to annihilate the vast majority of them, but apparently one of them had a missile launcher and took down our AT-ST from behind at a distance. Luckily the missile hit the armor plating of the walker, however still it toppled our AT-ST and we crashed into the ground, the impact destroying the systems from within, we could hear shouting from the remaining Rebels, hearing them as they got closer. The bad news was that we didn't carry any weapons, the walker was there for that reason, the worst news was that we didn't have any armor either, but we had time however...enough time to get into position and ready ourselves.

When the hatch was opened, I jumped out and tackled the first Rebel, Seruis followed suit and did the same to another. I wrestled with the Rebel, grabbing a hold of his DL-44 blaster and killed another Rebel who had come running to try and pull me off. I was then thrown off and landed on the ground, the blaster I had having lost the grip it flew out of my hand and landed some feet away. I quickly got to my feet, just in time as the Rebel approached, I blocked his strike before elbowing him in the face and then sweeping his legs out from underneath, I heard a yell and as I looked over I saw Seruis falling in a heap as the Rebel he was fighting with had pulled out a vibroknife, it covered with blood.

I was in a state of momentary shock, however this was all that was needed as the Rebel underneath me kicked me back as I fell to the ground. I rolled out of the way to gain some distance, before getting up to my feet, facing the two Rebels who stood infront of me. I was breathing hard, adrenaline pumped through me...that and anger for my fallen comrade, I was outnumbered 2 to 1 however...I had the superior training, before becoming an AT-ST pilot, all Army cadets were given the same training as an Army Trooper...1 year of grueling training, both simulation and live exercises on a number of different worlds....I could do this.

They then came at me, I grabbed the Rebel who had the knife, ducking under a blow from the other and kicking him back. I then twisted the arm of the knife wielder, causing him to drop it before taking him to the ground and placing my boot on his neck hard, pushng down with all my weight before his neck broke and his body went limp. I picked up the knife, however as I turned the other Rebel had gotten a hold of the discarded DL-44 blaster, I glared while gripping the vibroknife before quickly diving and rolling behind the downed AT-ST as he fired his blaster. As he came around I jumped from behind a nearby tree, stabbing him over and over with the knife until he finally laid still.

I dropped the knife and quickly went over to Seruis who was still alive, but barely, he needed Bacta but the Imperial base was too far and calling for backup, they wouldn't arrive in time. He only smiled, saying that it was ok, he then removed his left glove and pulled a ring off his finger...his engagement ring, he was planning on getting married when we left this rock and I was gonna be his best man, but now? That wasn't gonna happen...all because of this stupid Rebellion. He told me to give it to his fiancee as his final wish, it was the least I could do, he then died right there next to our AT-ST.

I got picked up by an Imperial patrol hours later and took some leave time to visit Seruis' fiancee...as expected she didn't take it well as I gave her the ring and told her what had happened. I just stood there and comforted her as she clung to me and cried her eyes out....and silently I cried too.

Datapad Entry closed.

Well there ya go folks! The 2nd Datapad, 3rd shall be the last one! Shall do that sometime later, enjoy!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Usually readers just do a whole new thread for each new issue. That way, there's no confusion on which comment is to what piece of work.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Eh, don't really see the need, it's only 3 stories and the title does say DatapadS after all. At any rate, the 3rd one will be the last anyhow, so there shouldn't be any confusion.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump