Star Wars AU #2 First Strike

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Orician_Seis

Jedi Master Sabin Tyr stepped into the moderately lit office building. The main lobby was wide with a few chairs lining both walls on either side of him. At his front was the reception desk manned by a last generation protocol droid. The desk and walls, even the floors themselves were all showing signs of their age. Places where paint was missing, chips in the flooring. This place was old. The room was lit by a single beaming light in the center of the ceiling. Every now and again it flickered. Dying, just like this planet, Tyr thought. Kashyyyk had long been a warzone. The Wookies fought alone for most of its history, it had only been in these last twenty years that the Republic had gotten involved. And that was only after the Sith had made their landing.

The Sith Empire usually acted through proxy. Using various Gangs or Syndicates for their work. Kashyyyk was one of three invasions that their Empire started. Prior to the invasions, the Republic was well enough with the Empire keeping their distance. The Sith kept to the Outer Rim, and never entered Core space. No one really knew what caused the Sith attack, though many foresaw it. The Jedi knew it was only a matter of time. Thus the Jedi combat regiments had been increased. All students now learned military training in place of peaceful thinking. Sabin preferred it though. He never had much patience for the peace talking ways of the Jedi. Tyr himself never had a say in the matter though, as he was not granted a seat on the Council. Not that he really wanted it, not enough action. Sabin cleared his head and walked up to the desk before him.

"Jedi Master Sabin Tyr, here on authority of the Jedi Council and Republic to meet a Captain Reynolds." Sabin spoke with his usual commanding tone, a skill all Jedi in the field must have. The Jedi's voice had always been deep, but age had made his voice have almost a divine command to it. Though this mattered not when speaking to a droid. After a moment passed the droid flipped a switch and called for the captain. The Jedi gave a generic thanks and took a seat by the wall. While waiting he was able to once again enter a thinking state. He reached out with the Force to get a feel of those around him. The various rabble that walked among the Great Walkway. All sort of species were here, all for the same reason. Money. Anyone dumb or foolish enough to take a job on Kashyyyk was either brave or desperate. Most of the bounty hunters and mercenaries here had a high opinion of themselves sure, but they were not suicidal. To go up against the Sith Army was not a task to be taken lightly.

The Sith Empire was not known for its easy training. There was no mercy there, if you fell behind or held the unit back, you were killed. There was no mistakes, no apologies, no pity. As such, they were also not known for their losses. In number of personnel lost or battles. They started this war and they made damn sure they were ready for it. Of course there was also the field commanders to worry about. Unlike a standard army, the Sith used those who can use the Force as commanders. Often times, they also wielded a Lightsaber as well. While the answer to this is obvious, it was not always favorable. Some militia would not accept a Jedi as their commander no matter how much experience they had. The Sith Armies didn't have a choice. Either accept it or be killed.

Sabins thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of Captain Reynolds. The middle aged man entered the room and gestured for Tyr to follow as he walked passed him toward the door. Reynolds was a light skinned human with blonde hair and blue eyes. His hair was a typical military cut, buzzed down to nothing around the ears and back. He was a stocky man, clearly a war built man. To Tyr's agreement, Reynolds did not wear any formal gear. The man obviously took no care for appearances. This was not the time nor place for that. No, the Captain wore the red and gold plated battle armor of the Republic. Light shoulder plates, a thicker chest and torso plate that was matched with a thicker back piece. It was long sleeved, as most were, having forearm gauntlets equipped with transmitter and grappling cable. On the hip he bore a high grade military blaster. Its much larger rifle counterpart being strapped across the Captains back.

The Captain and Jedi stepped outside and down the slight ramp. "Master Jedi, I understand why you are here. But I assure you it is not needed. While my superiors think the war here is not in our favor, I would have to disagree." The Captains voice was very calm yet powerful. He was clearly the one in charge here, and had been for a long time. They walked down the Great Walkway, heading away from the starports and deeper into the soldier camps. " You see Master Jedi, what we lack in number we make up for in valor. We have no fear and we are committed to this cause. We will rid this planet of Sith presence." The two men were then passed by a unit all jogging in tune. Every member of it had the same angry look on their face. " Your men look frustrated Captain. Perhaps lack of progress is getting to them. While you might not feel need of my being here, it is fact that I need to be. In the last year, this station has lost half of the ground you had prior. The Sith are pushing you further and further, You are taking a beating you cannot return. A man of your position already knows an order and knows how to follow them. I do not wish to pull rank here Captain, but a Jedi outranks any military position. You follow my orders and that's final."

Sabin gave the Captain one final look and they entered the nearing command tent. Inside there were people rushing back and forth. Chatter coming every which way. Commands being given, field reports coming in. The Jedi waved his right hand in the air and all the technical equipment froze up and ceased to function. It wasn't long after that until all eyes were on him. In the middle of the room was a large holo table. on it was a projection of the current battlefields . Sabin walked to its control mechanism and slipped in his Data Cube. Without looking up he said, " Gather all Field Commanders and have them report here. I want them in this room in no more than ten minutes. Its time we organize our first strike."