Stained Steel-An Space Opera Part Four

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Standing there for what felt like hours, Samuel couldn't believe what the mechanoid had just told him. Motionless but not speechless he simply asks "Beg your pardon?.....Did you just tell me I am to save my entire race?"Nodding like a child the mechanoid replied with an almost innocent tone "We need to begin shortly, there will surely be more coming to the aid of those who fell moments ago." Now angered by the simple machines eagerness to simply move on from what had just happened, he stomped his foot picking up rubble and dust.

"No! You just killed a handful of people who were just trying to live there lives, along with what looked to be some of your own kind. I am going nowhere with you, no matter howIMPORTANT you believe me to be."Walking away he cant help but shake a pulling feeling he had inside. Making it a few yards before stopping and thinking, he couldn't leave the damned thing in the middle of the camp. Even more people would be killed, and he still had something inside him that told him to stay with the machine. Groaning loudly he turned back to the machine, and lifted his hand towards it and pointed "We leave here, but you answer questions as we leave. I cannot be left in the dark anymore. Tell me what you are, where you came from and what I can do." Before he could make anymore demands, the mechanoid scooped him up and placed him inside his chest before taking off in a quick and fast paced running formation. Shortly after there sprint had begun, the mechanoid leaped into the air and twin boosters appeared on its back and began to gain lift. Shortly after lifting off the ground they shot off into the sky high above the earth below, for a split second Samuel had forgotten about everything that had just happened.

The dead were long gone in his mind as he stared in wonder at the shrinking earth below, soon he was nearly a mile up and a wide smile appeared on his face. A smile he hadnt felt in so long, since the wars...it had been so long since he smiled a genuine smile, but it was short lived as the machine began to speak "They called me Experiment 14-B and I was created by the Gorans as a means to continue there war like nature. They created me from a human..." The fact that the machine had just given him caused him to stop mid flight and just hover. He never would of thought that, this creature had once been a human. He angrily and disgusted barked "How?! Why?!"The machine hung its head "I dont remember what I was before besides a human, but I know what they used us for, we are weapons of the highest caliber, an the humans used s a template for our body are used as energy."Frustrated he listens and asks "We are used as batteries?"Before he could even think of continuing the machine answers "Yes in a sense, your natural chemicals allow for a more sustained source of energy. Why do you think they have taken so many were harvested in so few intervals." Finally it all made sense to Samuel. It had been nearly two decades since the last quell of humans, since a war was even mentioned. They were harvesting, and with each harvest less and less were being taken. Most humans were killed during the wars, and not during these times of harvest as the machine would call them.

(Alright, that is the last part until the new year and the weekend. Need to get back to rpgs, but be ready cause next week some fun will be had between the machine and Sam. And even a name will be given to the child like machine.)

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The scope of this keeps getting further out. Enjoying the ride. Thanks!

I thought the transition between his rejecting the mech and his turning back was too quick & easy, though.

Nowaiowt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah was rushed a bit I'll admit