Stained Steel-An Space Opera

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Past-Earth 2089

"Its been nearly an entire decade since the last attempt at invasion by the Gorans, they have been bombarding the planet for nearly a decade. But there last full scale invasion ended with the entirety of the planets nuclear salvo. Crippling the mothership and keeping them at bay in the dead of space, the Gorans have continued to attempt invasion only to find a stalemate once they break through our outer atmosphere" Static sounds and the sounds of gunfire and mortars sound in the background of tape, The voice speaking slowly begins to return to its monologue, but the speaker could audibly be heard to be trembling. "That was until two weeks ago, when suddenly we all began to slowly die. At first we thought it was airborne as we all quickly fell the moment we stepped outside, but no....it was there plan all along. The dead and dying of there species, they were the source. It was buried deep into there own genetic make-up." The sound of disgust could be heard in the speakers voice, utter and whole bodied disgust by the information he was about to give.

"A fail safe you could say, that if they are to fall in battle and as a species fail in an invasion, they would pollute the gene pool entirely. We have figured out that in fifty years nearly all of our species will be gone because of these disgusting creatures...." Screams are heard just over the voice speaking, a woman screams for her life as does a small child in the background. But the speaker continues, this time his voice almost stoic and brave. As if he knew what was coming...

"We need to pull through this and figure out the disease they polluted this world with, we are dying...,," Suddenly the speaker goes silent and the sound of a single gunshot fills the tape followed by the sounds of the Gorans before the tape goes silent.

Present-Earth 2120

Of the billions of humans who once lived upon the surface of Earth, only a small fraction remain. Nearing only 6 thousand, the Gorans have kept all in camps of declining sizes. The Goran's a species of alien that look more monstrous than anything, they keep them alive for a single purpose, one that even the smartest minds have yet to figure out. All the humans that are left on earth know is this, they are few and they are dying.

As told by Goran Leader Gornn, and Written in Book of Noarn. Catalog 200098

Camp B 20, Quadrant Seven Five

Sitting atop the soon to be burning pyre of dead bodies a lone and old soldier waits, smoking a cigarette as the day comes to a close and his shift begins. Still the world has its dead, and still they have a mortician. He is Samuel Montgomery, a old soldier from the Fifth War of New York City. Standing for a moment as the sun falls and the moon slowly rises, his last cigarette slowly burns away into ash. Flicking the remnants of the death stick into the bottom of the heap, it ignites a piece of paper and quickly spreads. Moving slowly off the heap of bodies as it begins to be engulfed in fire he moves through the darkness.

Sam knows that his days are numbered, hell the entire human race has a ticker on its days left. But he does not work against the flow, he moves along with it, long ago finding that simply doing as the Goran's said made life less miserable. As he moves through the coming night, he hums an old tune.He bursts out into song mid-stride and an anxious group of young children surround him as he sings songs of his younger years, and even then they were considered ancient.

But as the night fell and the children all fell asleep, he finds himself again alone in the darkness that swallows him. But only for a brief moment as something in the night air catches his attention, the smell of hydraulic fluid fills his nostrils and he spins around to find a large mechanoid standing before him. Not like the Goran Mecha's from his time in the war, this one seemed different and more humanoind in appearance. In an instant he was lifted into the air kicking and screaming "Let me go you damned beast, I have done all you sodding blighters have told me to do. Least give me a better send off than squishing me to death!"Screaming loudly the mechanoid opens its mouth and a row of "teeth" shine in the moonlight and Sam mutters "Bollocks..."Before the mechanoid swallows him whole.

But instead of being crushed to death by the innards of the contraption, Samuel opens his eyes to find his body lined with a thin layer of substance. It hugs his skin in every way possible. His cloths gone, he is hovering in the air he hears a voice speak, but its such an odd collection of noises he almost cant understand it, but suddenly it speaks again and this time its loud "RUN!"

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_envy_@warsman@_zer0_

Enjoy

(Yes I will return to rpgs, just none of the big ones atm. Cant keep up with all the posts)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Zer0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@darkchild: DC, bruh, this is just amazingly written!

*looks at Forum*

And it's an amazing... Fic! Hope to see ya on RPGs again, man. We still need to write.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you bro

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_zer0_: @cbishop:

The word reverberated in the small space he was hovering in, and instinctively he moved his legs and began to run. To his amazement Samuel was controlling the Mecha just by thought alone, and as he began to move he soon learned why the mecha had screamed at him. Landing just yards away from him a group of even bigger and more menacing mechanoids fell from the sky, landing with a deafening thud that shook the ground beneath there feet. Each of the new arrivals were nearly as tall as the mechanoid he was looking out from, nearly as tall as a house and covered in armaments that would give a marine a wet dream. Moving fast they surrounded Samuel, and causing him to stop in his tracks. His momentary attempt at escape impeded by the massive mechanoids before him. He could hear the grumbling of the robotic voice, in the heat of the moment he had forgotten where he was and what was going on, all he cared about was the fact that they were for the moment the group of mechanoids were not attacking.

As the group of skyfall mechanoids stood motionless a single stepped forward and with a booming voice it spoke in English "Human, removing yourself from the experiment would be beneficial to your health. We promise that no harm will come to you if you comply with our direct order."As Samuel simply stood there listening the voice spoke again "False, they lie. They mean to kill...both of us, do not believe them." Sam couldn't make a decision and in a split second it was made for him as the robotic voice again speaking in an almost inaudible tone spoke "Hand...right hand move it." Sam took a look to his right hand and did as he was told completely confused as to what was going on around him.

The tight substance that covered his body moved as he did, making a motion that was in turn made with the mechanoid. As a long laser blade came crashing down onto his hand he squeezed. Grabbing and negating the laser within the blade entirely, grabbing tight he asks the voice "What the bloody hell do I do now?!" Instinctively again he could understand the words, they were confusing at first but the more the robotic voice spoke the more he could understand "It is a sword...." Smiling as he realized what the voice had meant. Gripping it hard he pulled it it back and slammed the butt of the long sword into the first mechanoid's face plate. Then moving fast he moved around and sliced at the seconds legs and dropping to a knee before moving away again and moving into a running path away from the group. The voice spoke again and this time it sounded angry "Kill, go back and kill them." As it did it forced Sam to drop the sword and transformed its long arm into a cannon. Sam tried to stop it but it turned around and aimed the cannon towards the group who were quickly gaining on them. "No!"

But before he could even utter anything beyond "No" the mechanoid fired its cannon and the energy created launched him backwards like a rocket tumbling and tumbling. Tossing him clear across the field and into the little camp he was from. The sounds of children and women screaming fill there ears and Sam cannot believe what was happening. Skidding to a stop in the middle of the concentration camp, the large mechanoid stands and surveys the surroundings only to find that the damage caused was excessive. Buildings toppled and homes destroyed, Sam was too distraught to notice the oncoming mecha. A single survivor of the cannon blast charged and leaped tackling Sam to the ground.

_Zer0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: Another piece of awesomeness. This whole new universe intrigues me. Good job.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_zer0_: Thank you bud, got the idea from a Manga i read and just ran with what popped into my head. Will have another bit up tonight or tomorrow.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: Nice, but one tip: it's odd to me, now that I think about it, but people don't respond well to multiple posts for the same story, on the same thread. I know that's the way RPG works, but on the fan-fic forum...I don't know...maybe we're lazy, or maybe we're just ingrained to look for a #2, #3, etc. Whatever the case, it seems readers prefer to see separate chapters posted separately. <shrugs>

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: I saw that today, as I havnt been back to fanfic in a while. I will probably start doing that. Make next post issue two?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cbishop

@darkchild: This forum responds well to issue numbers, yes. :) You might consider either copying that second post to the OP, or using that in your issue #2, just so it's not missed.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lady_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: Yep, dude. You did it again. I really like it. It's a little different from your famed, "Gory and scary" posts, but it is still awesome in a new way. I'm surprised you haven't made this into an RP lol. I hope you continue this. Sorry about the late look, I've been traveling...again.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Darkchild

@lady_grimm: Thanks man part three will be up tonight or tomorrow

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocolyptic sci-fi -- very interesting. Thanks.

One thing wasn't clear to me. The Goran leader writes that not even the smartest have figured out the purpose. Does this mean the smartest human minds? Or does it mean that even Goran leaders like himself don't know?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wim_garnet: Smartest m humans, the truth to why they're Kelly alive havnt been given. But will be giving that info very soon.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild:

Gotcha. Just wanted to be sure. Thanks

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wim_garnet: Your Welcome. Will have part three up tonight most likely

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thank you parts two and three are up as well

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@darkchild: I saw, will get around to it when I can

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Uhm is this OC or something because I am totally lost here. The content is good as is the writing (even if my pet peeve involving the spelling of clothes flared up). Does need a little vocab expansion in some places due to words repeated unnecessarily in the same sentence but other then that a valiant effort.

Jack_Henzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14