Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Chicago IL, A small bar near Lincoln Park

Rob has a beer as he watches the sports report on the big screen. He drops his beer when a familiar scent catches his attention. A woman leans in behind him and whispers in his ear,"Hi Robby."

Before he can turn he gets a sensation as if his skin was on fire. The air touching his skin becomes like hot blades to him as he is suddenly over whelmed by the sounds and smells surrounding him causing him to fall to the floor in the fetal position trying desperately to regain control of his senses.

Kate casually leans over and drags him toward the door out into the street where panic had started in the streets. She looks down at Rob,"Just wanted to make sure you got the chance to take it all in."

She then handcuffed him to a street lamp and continued on.

7/11

Ana grabs the cooler door to grab a soda but the door comes off the hinges, she turns to call the clerk but has a muscle spasm causing her to stumble. She catches herself on a shelf that crumbles in her grasp. She then decides to leave but notices the clerk sitting in the corner behind the counter in tears muttering to him self. She looked out and noticed the crowd out side.

Task Force HQ

Brian steps out of the building and begins to walk down the street but suddenly feels himself picking up speed, he tries to stop but he blasts away. When he finally regained control he found himself in Mexico.

Malcolm is in his room tinkering with a gadget when he feels the muscles in his throat start contracting. He drops what he was doing and ran toward the elevator taking him to the basement where he locks himself in a small reinforced room. He then lets out a sonic scream that rattles the building.

Max walks past the conference room where he sees Campbell pacing and muttering to himself while he waves his gun around,"Captain, are you okay?"

Campbell doesn't even notice. Max trembles as he realizes what's going on. He looks down at his hands as they burst into flames.

A giggle comes from behind him,"Did you miss me Maxy?"

Lincoln Park Zoo

Adam sits on a bench in the reptile house, taking in the warmth on this chilly autumn day. He's roused from his thoughts when he hears commotion outside. He looks around at the calm reptiles for a moment then steps out. He sees the humans around him in a state of panic along with several of the animals.

As he walks a man from the snack booth runs up to him screaming and grabs his coat, Adam attempts to pull away. In the brief struggle his hood falls down. The man gives him a look of sheer terror as the other panicked people look their way. They began hurling things at Adam, some calling him a demon.

He runs away toward the HQ dodging people the whole way. He stops finding Rob handcuffed to the street lamp sobbing in pain and leans down,"What the hell is going on?"

Rob looks up and attempts to regain his composure,"Kate is here. Why aren't you messed up?"

Adam shrugs then helps Rob to his feet,"Many animals at the zoo seem to be affected as well, luckily I was in the reptile house. They seemed unaffected."

Rob looks over to him,"Being indoors has never saved anyone from her before."

Adam nods, "Perhaps reptiles are immune."

Rob then states, "You need to get to HQ, she's probably there already. I'm slowing you down, if she gets a hold of Max she'll burn this city to the ground. Leave me here."

Adam sits him down on a bench, upon hearing the painful grunts he looks down to Rob,"Let me help." He then strikes him in the head knocking him out to alleviate the sensory overload.

He then runs toward the HQ as fast as he can and bursting through the front door he finds Max in the main hall covered in flame,"Where is she?"

Kate pops her head around the corner,"Cool, I get to see a snake man flip out."

He turns to face her,"I'm afraid not."

Kate and Max look at his demeanor, agitated but in full control.He adds,"Don't make me hurt you."

She chuckles,"I dare you." Max looks to Adam,"Run."

Adam ignores him and goes to face her. As he enters the room she catches him by the throat and hurls him against the wall,"Mommy wanted me to be an athlete, paid top dollar to get the full package."

She stepped over to him kicking him hard in the chest. When she goes for a second he catches her foot and strikes her hard in the knee sending her down then he swung for her face. She blocked and slammed his head into the wall and jumped back to her feet. As Adam stood up she smashed the coffee table on him sending him back out to the hall knocking over a terrified Max.

She walks up behind Adam and locks him in a full nelson,"Got ya."

Adam grins,"Normally that would be true." He then spins his head around teeth bared and goes to bite.

She kicks him away. She swings her fist at him and he catches her arm driving his teeth into her flesh and pumping venom into her.

She pulls back already slowing, he then steps forward and knocks her out. Max's flame cuts off,"Is she dead?"

Adam shakes his head,"My venom isn't concentrated enough for one bite to be lethal."

Highway 90 near Gary, Indiana 6 hours later

Kate is in the back of an unmarked truck headed toward the nearest prison capable of holding Trans humans. The truck abruptly stops and the rear door is ripped off. A large man looks in,"Need a ride lady?"

#1 Posted by batkevin74 (10586 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Chicago IL, A small bar near Lincoln Park

Rob has a beer as he watches the sports report on the big screen. He drops his beer when a familiar scent catches his attention. A woman leans in behind him and whispers in his ear,"Hi Robby."

Before he can turn, he gets a sensation as if his skin was on fire. The air touching his skin becomes like hot blades to him as he is suddenly overwhelmed by the sounds and smells surrounding him, causing him to fall to the floor in the fetal position trying desperately to regain control of his senses. Kate casually leans over and drags him toward the door out into the street where panic had started in the streets. She looks down at Rob

"Just wanted to make sure you got the chance to take it all in." She then handcuffed him to a street lamp and continued on.

7/11

Ana grabs the cooler door to grab a soda but the door comes off the hinges, she turns to call the clerk but has a muscle spasm causing her to stumble. She catches herself on a shelf that crumbles in her grasp. She then decides to leave but notices the clerk sitting in the corner behind the counter in tears muttering to himself. She looked out and noticed the crowd outside.

Task Force HQ

Brian steps out of the building and begins to walk down the street but suddenly feels himself picking up speed, he tries to stop but he blasts away. When he finally regained control he found himself in Mexico.

Malcolm is in his room tinkering with a gadget when he feels the muscles in his throat start contracting. He drops what he was doing and ran toward the elevator taking him to the basement where he locks himself in a small reinforced room. He then lets out a sonic scream that rattles the building.

Max walks past the conference room where he sees Campbell pacing and muttering to himself while he waves his gun around,

"Captain? Are you okay?" Campbell doesn't even notice. Max trembles as he realizes what's going on. He looks down at his hands as they burst into flames.

A giggle comes from behind him.

"Did you miss me Maxy?"

Lincoln Park Zoo

Adam sits on a bench in the reptile house, taking in the warmth on this chilly autumn day. He's roused from his thoughts when he hears commotion outside. He looks around at the calm reptiles for a moment then steps out. He sees the humans around him in a state of panic along with several of the animals.

As he walks a man from the snack booth runs up to him screaming and grabs his coat, Adam attempts to pull away. In the brief struggle his hood falls down. The man gives him a look of sheer terror as the other panicked people look their way. They began hurling things at Adam, some calling him a demon.

He runs away toward the HQ dodging people the whole way. He stops finding Rob handcuffed to the street lamp sobbing in pain and leans down,

"What the hell is going on?"

"Kate is here” Rob looks up and attempts to regain his composure “Why aren't you messed up?"

Adam shrugs then helps Rob to his feet "Many animals at the zoo seem to be affected as well, luckily I was in the reptile house. They seemed unaffected."

"Being indoors has never saved anyone from her before." Rob looks over to him

"Perhaps reptiles are immune."

"You need to get to HQ” Rob stated “She's probably there already. I'm slowing you down. If she gets a hold of Max she'll burn this city to the ground. Leave me here."

Adam sits him down on a bench, upon hearing the painful grunts he looks down to Rob,"Let me help." He then strikes him in the head knocking him out to alleviate the sensory overload.

He then runs toward the HQ as fast as he can and bursting through the front door he finds Max in the main hall covered in flame,"Where is she?"

Kate pops her head around the corner, "Cool! I get to see a snake man flip out."

"I'm afraid not." He turns to face her

Kate and Max look at his demeanor, agitated but in full control. He adds,"Don't make me hurt you."

She chuckles,"I dare you."

Max looks to Adam, "Run."

Adam ignores him and goes to face her. As he enters the room she catches him by the throat and hurls him against the wall, "Mommy wanted me to be an athlete, paid top dollar to get the full package."

She stepped over to him kicking him hard in the chest. When she goes for a second he catches her foot and strikes her hard in the knee sending her down then he swung for her face. She blocked and slammed his head into the wall and jumped back to her feet. As Adam stood up she smashed the coffee table on him sending him back out to the hall knocking over a terrified Max.

She walks up behind Adam and locks him in a full nelson, "Got ya."

Adam grins,"Normally that would be true." He then spins his head around teeth bared and goes to bite. She kicks him away. She swings her fist at him and he catches her arm driving his teeth into her flesh and pumping venom into her. She pulls back already slowing, he then steps forward and knocks her out. Max's flame cuts off,

"Is she dead?"

Adam shakes his head, "My venom isn't concentrated enough for one bite to be lethal."

Highway 90 near Gary, Indiana 6 hours later

Kate is in the back of an unmarked truck headed toward the nearest prison capable of holding Trans humans. The truck abruptly stops and the rear door is ripped off. A large man looks in.

"Need a ride lady?"

Nice work! Seems Kate is the reason people are scared of trans humans

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: She's a key factor, but trans humans are just as scared of her as normal humans are if not more given her ability to make them basically useless.

#3 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1649 posts) - - Show Bio

So Adam is a Snake man. That's pretty cool. I do like how everyone is scared of Kate, but I feel this could of maybe been two chapters of her causing carnage, seeing how far she can do things now. It's still good. I did chuckle at the end, haven't they seen any film or even read a comic; never leave the bad guy unattended in a truck; someone will rescue them! Idiots! :) Good work @joshmightbe

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@4donkeyjohnson: This is pretty much the prologue for what I'm going to have her do later

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#6 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool -- so there is one weakness to her (reptiles) but that's not much comfort considering what she did to everyone else. Very cool way of Adam getting the upper hand.

So close, but looks like Kate is too important to keep locked up.