joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

2015 New York City Harbor, Port Authority

2 men stare at each other guns drawn. One a tall slender man named Sebastian Bennet the other a shorter stockier man named Thomas Tipton.

Tipton stood between Bennet and several children Nexus had ordered to be disposed of to cover up a flaw in their procedure. Both men were well trained killers and before this assignment neither had ever questioned an order. This was a line Thomas simply couldn't cross so he took the children.

Bennet had caught up to him in this storage container. He glared at his former partner,"Why are you making this so hard? Heroism isn't exactly your strong suit."

Tipton replied,"They're just kids, it ain't their fault their parents mad a bad call."

Bennet shook his head,"It ain't your problem."

Tipton pulled the hammer back on his gun,"I'm making it my problem and so help me god if you take another step toward those kids I'll kill you."

Bennet mockingly stepped forward. Tipton put 2 bullets in his chest and loaded the kids up in a van as his former partner laid on the floor.

An hour later agents of Nexus arrived finding Bennet gasping on the floor near death, there was no sign of Tipton or the children.

2041 Wheaton, IL Fair Grounds

Sara is shocked at the turn out at the morning opening of the show. A carnival barker stands off to the side of the entrance, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls welcome to the Thomas Tipton's World Famous Traveling Zoo.

Sara looked on,"I wonder what these people would say if they knew this was all a sham."

Rob looks confused,"You didn't know? Everyone knows its fake folks just like to see the show. Its like pro wrestling without all the oiled up dudes in speedos."

He then looks out in the crowd,"Hey he looks familiar."

Sara looks over as Rob shouts,"Hey muscle man." He walks over to him, "Well look he's all dry now. How's the kidneys this morning."

The man flinches as Rob smacks his lower back. A tall man with long black hair grabs Rob by the shoulder and turns him to meet his stare.

The 2 glare at each other as the tall man speaks,"I heard my people gave you some trouble last night, they can be a touch over zealous at times. My name is James Bennet, and you are?"

Rob gives him an annoyed look,"What you couldn't get my name while you were trying to dig around in my brain? By the way your eye is bleeding."

James backed away as Rob hit his comm,"Keep an eye out and somebody run a check on a James Bennet. He's a telepath and seems to be the guy in charge of the bad guys."

James meets up with his comrade,"Keep clear of that man, I can't read him. That generally indicates trouble. Coming here last night was stupid, now this is going to be much more difficult."

Isis the Cat woman aka Samantha Morgan stepped out of her tent into the crew area to take a break and saw Adam waiting for her,"Can I help you with something?"

Adam stands up,"I don't see why your mad at me, it was your decision that got us here."

She tightened her fist,"You ran away."

He sneered,"You left me no choice, it was leave or stay and watch you with that stone skinned moron...."

Adam looked off in the distance feeling a powerful presence. Samantha was curious,"What is it?"

He hushed her,"Telepath, a powerful and angry one." He turned on his comm in time to hear Rob's warning. He looked back to Samantha,"We'll finish this later."

Foxtrot company met up at the crew dinning area. Rob was talking as Adam entered,"Okay so the lead fanatic...."

Adam interrupted,"Bennet isn't a believer in their cause, he's just using them."

Rob looked at him,"How do you know?"

He replied,"He tried to read me so I returned the favor, he's after someone here but I'm not quite sure who. He seems to truly hate who ever it is and he's willing to kill everyone here in order to get at his target."

Ana spoke up,"Well at least we know we have some back up here."

Adam shook his head,"Not for Bennet, other than Rob you're all vulnerable to him, I'm not sure with I'm powerful enough to handle him but I'll do my best."

Max asked,"Why isn't Rob vulnerable?"

Adam replied, "Reading him causes a sensory over load."

Rob chuckled,"More than that, he started crying blood when he tried to read me."

James left the Fair grounds with his pawn,"We'll come back tonight. If we have a repeat of last night I'll kill you myself."

(To be continued)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

2015 New York City Harbor, Port Authority

Two men stare at each other, guns drawn. One; a tall slender man named Sebastian Bennet. The other a shorter stockier man named Thomas Tipton. Tipton stood between Bennet and several children Nexus had ordered to be disposed of to cover up a flaw in their procedure. Both men were well trained killers and before this assignment neither had ever questioned an order. This was a line Thomas simply couldn't cross so he took the children. Bennet had caught up to him in this storage container. He glared at his former partner.

"Why are you making this so hard? Heroism isn't exactly your strong suit."

“They're just kids!” said Tipton “It ain't their fault their parents mad a bad call!"

"It ain't your problem"

Tipton pulled the hammer back on his gun, "I'm making it my problem and so help me god if you take another step toward those kids; I'll kill you!"

Bennet mockingly stepped forward. Tipton put two bullets in his chest and loaded the kids up in a van as his former partner laid on the floor. An hour later agents of Nexus arrived finding Bennet gasping on the floor near death, there was no sign of Tipton or the children.

2041 Wheaton, IL Fair Grounds

Sara is shocked at the turn out at the morning opening of the show. A carnival barker stands off to the side of the entrance, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls welcome to the Thomas Tipton's World Famous Travelling Zoo.

"I wonder what these people would say if they knew this was all a sham?" sais Sara

Rob looks confused, "You didn't know? Everyone knows its fake folks just like to see the show. Its like pro wrestling without all the oiled up dudes in speedos." He then looks out in the crowd, "Hey; he looks familiar!"

Sara looks over as Rob shouts, "Hey muscle man!" He walks over to him, "Well look he's all dry now. How's the kidneys this morning."

The man flinches as Rob smacks his lower back. A tall man with long black hair grabs Rob by the shoulder and turns him to meet his stare.

They glare at each other as the tall man speaks, "I heard my people gave you some trouble last night, they can be a touch overzealous at times. My name is James Bennet, and you are?"

Rob gives him an annoyed look, "What? You couldn't get my name while you were trying to dig around in my brain? By the way your eye is bleeding."

James backed away as Rob hit his comm, "Keep an eye out and somebody run a check on a James Bennet. He's a telepath and seems to be the guy in charge of the bad guys."

James meets up with his comrade, "Keep clear of that man, I can't read him. That generally indicates trouble. Coming here last night was stupid, now this is going to be much more difficult."

Isis the Cat woman aka Samantha Morgan stepped out of her tent into the crew area to take a break and saw Adam waiting for her, "Can I help you with something?"

Adam stands up, "I don't see why you’re mad at me, it was your decision that got us here."

You ran away!"

He sneered, "You left me no choice, it was leave or stay and watch you with that stone skinned moron...."

Adam looked off in the distance feeling a powerful presence. Samantha was curious,"What is it?"

He hushed her,"Telepath, a powerful and angry one." He turned on his comm in time to hear Rob's warning. He looked back to Samantha,"We'll finish this later."

Foxtrot Company met up at the crew dinning area. Rob was talking as Adam entered,"Okay so the lead fanatic...."

Adam interrupted,"Bennet isn't a believer in their cause, he's just using them."

Rob looked at him,"How do you know?"

He replied,"He tried to read me so I returned the favor, he's after someone here but I'm not quite sure who. He seems to truly hate who ever it is and he's willing to kill everyone here in order to get at his target."

Ana spoke up,"Well at least we know we have some back up here."

Adam shook his head,"Not for Bennet, other than Rob you're all vulnerable to him, I'm not sure with I'm powerful enough to handle him but I'll do my best."

Max asked,"Why isn't Rob vulnerable?"

Adam replied, "Reading him causes a sensory over load."

Rob chuckled,"More than that, he started crying blood when he tried to read me."

James left the Fairgrounds with his pawn,"We'll come back tonight. If we have a repeat of last night I'll kill you myself."

(To be continued)

James carrying on in his father's footsteps. Travelling has two L's :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: My spell check missed it

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

bump

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lykopis

I am hating on Bennet something fierce. -__-

I am guessing at the pawn (really hoping I am wrong), and again, this is an awesome story -- I am really enjoying it.