Spiderbat #1

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#1  Edited By GR2Blackout

Note: This is not a New Amalgam Universe thing. Its independent. I have not quit A New Amalgam Universe, I just came up with my own Amalgam Universe along time before joining A New Amalgam Universe, so, yeah.

"NIGHT OF THE MAN-LIZARD"

A long time ago, I, Bruce Parker, witnessed my parents die before my own eyes. Thomas and Martha Parker owned Parker Industries, a huge science company. I, Bruce, enheirited the company. But one day, during a science expo, my hand was bitten by a special genetic project we were doing on a rare type of spider. The bite filled my DNA and blood with a toxic venom. I gained special abilities, like amazing agility, hand to hand combat, and, the most spectacular of all... wall-crawling. I used the abilities to avenge my parents death, and took my name from the rare spider that bit me... I am SPIDERBAT!

At Parker Industries...

CURT LANGSTROM: Wow, are company's done great so far. We're competing with companies like The Daily Stark ran by that big-shot Tony Kent and don't forget the fact we've done way better than Acecorp Chemicals, which has been abandoned for years now!

MENDELL STRANGE: Yeah. Well, seeya. Gotta go home. Good luck working on that Lizard DNA project or whatever.

Strange left the building.

CURT (Thoughts): If I can get this done, I'll finally be somebody. Like Dr. Edward Warren or even my boss Bruce Parker.

CURT: Thats weird. I didn't use that much chemicals... wait... oh no.. no... NO!!!

All the chemicals and radiation blew up the entire machine and soaked Curt from head-to-toe with radiated Lizard DNA. Not onnly that, but it blew him backwards into a shelf of test-tubes and beakers.

But emerging from the pool of chemicals came some.. some... Man-Lizard!

The next night....

SPIDERBAT: Unhand the lady, scum-bag!

MUGGER: Make me! I ain't scared of no acrobat in spandex!

SPIDERBAT: I'm gonna MAKE you scared, now!

Spiderbat through a metal spider-shaped boomerang at the mugger, and it exploded into billions of webs holding the mugger in place.

MUGGER: Ugh! C-c-can't.. ugh... move!

SPIDERBAT: Scared now, PUNK!?

MUGGER: Get away, freak!

SPIDERBAT: Give me one good reason!

Spiderbat jumped down and kicked the mugger in the face, knocking him into a crate of wood. This broke both the crate and the mugger's spine.

WEE-OOO! WEE-OOO!

SPIDERBAT (Thoughts): The cops. Better get back to Parker Industries before anyone catches me.

Spiderbat used his Grappling Webs to get away just in time... but just then, he saw a vicious Lizard creature attacking the city.

MAN-LIZARD: Hisssss!

SPIDERBAT: What the?

Spiderbat saw the name tag on Man-Lizards ripped up lab-coat.

SPIDERBAT (Thoughts): Curt Langstrom? What happened to him? This is terrible... he's... he's... MUTATED!

MAN-LIZARD: Hissssss!

Man-Lizard sniffed Spiderbat.

MAN-LIZARD: Skreeeech! Skreeeech!

SPIDERBAT: Okay, lets dance!

Spiderbat jumped down and webbed a sort of leash around Man-Lizard's neck, and then knocked Man-Lizard into a brick wall, which fell down and knocked out the Man-Lizard, making him revert back to a human.

CURT LANGSTROM: I... Spiderbat? Where th-the....?

SPIDERBAT: You transformed into a type of... well, Man-Lizard.

CURT: Did anyone get hurt?

SPIDERBAT: Just me and who ever got, um... well, hurt... I guess.

CURT: Oh, God... what happened to me?

SPIDERBAT: I just told you.

CURT: How did I turn into that... Man-Lizard?

SPIDERBAT: I'm not completely sure.

CURT: Sigh...

SPIDERBAT: Button up that lab coat and I'll bring you to our house.

Spiderbat grabbed Curt, and brought Curt back to his house.

Later that night, Spiderbat was investigating the lab where the Man-Lizard was created...

SPIDERBAT: Hmmm.... a card?

Spiderbat picked up the mysterious card, and saw it had a Joker on it. He flipped it over, and on the back he saw the logo for Acecorp Chemicals.

SPIDERBAT: Acecorp?

The next night at the Langstrom home....

CURT LANGSTROM: Good night, Martha.

MARTHA LANGSTROM: Good night, Curt.

As the moon came out, the Man-Lizard once again took over, turning Curt Langstrom into the vicious, scaly beast.

At Acecorp Chemicals...

SPIDERBAT: Hmmm... empty. HELLO?!?! ANYBODY?!?!

Spiderbat, completely unaware of what was behind him, turned around...

MAN-LIZARD: Hissssss!!!!

SPIDERBAT: Man-Lizard!

Man-Lizard whacked Spiderbat into the wall with his ail.

SPIDERBAT: Oh... didn't see that coming.

MAN-LIZARD: Rrrrrraaaaagh!!!

SPIDERBAT: Bring it on!

Man-Lizard ran towards Spiderbat, who dodged the attack, knocking Man-Lizard into a tub of chemicals... which turned Man-Lizard to normal.

CURT: Where am I? Oh no... not again.

SPIDERBAT (Thoughts): Amazing. The chemicals served as a cure and transformed you back to human.

SPIDERBAT: Dr. Langstrom, maybe ou should keep the cure and inject yourself with it every night to avoid becoming Man-Lizard again.

CURT: Sounds good.... just... sigh, please get me out of this vat of chemicals.

So, everything was great, besides one currently unanswered question... who sabatoged Langstrom's Lizard DNA?

To be continued next issue in.... "FLIGHT OF THE FOWL!"

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@GR2Blackout said:

A long time ago, I, Bruce Parker, witnessed my parents die before my own eyes. Thomas and Martha Parker owned Parker Industries, a huge science company. I, Bruce, enheirited the company. But one day, during a science expo, my hand was bitten by a special genetic project we were doing on a rare type of spider. The bite filled my DNA and blood with a toxic venom. I gained special abilities, like amazing agility, hand to hand combat, and, the most spectacular of all... wall-crawling. I used the abilities to avenge my parents death, and took my name from the rare spider that bit me... I am SPIDERBAT!

Almost a little Tony Stark type origin. Nice idea, let's see some more

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

I love this. After reading this, it's official. I'm writing a Green Lantern/Thor combo. Maybe a few others too, such as Iron Man/Batman.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GR2Blackout

@batkevin74 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

Almost a little Tony Stark type origin. Nice idea, let's see some more

Thanks. I mentioned Tony Kent, who is a combo of Clark Kent and Tony Stark... thats gonna be my next independent Amalgam... Super Iron.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCannon

@GR2Blackout said:

Thanks. I mentioned Tony Kent, who is a combo of Clark Kent and Tony Stark... thats gonna be my next independent Amalgam... Super Iron.

That was one of my ideas. But I prefer and Iron Man/Batman combo, so I'm trying to come up with someone to combine with Superman.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Spider-Bat, Spider-Bat! Does whatever a spider bat dose! :P

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GR2Blackout

Its Spiderbat, not Spider-Bat, but, hey whats the difference? :P

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCannon

Bump.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheCannon

@TheCannon said:

Bump.

This.

sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By sentryssj4

@TheCannon said:

@TheCannon said:

Bump.

This.

Did you really just agree with yourself in order to bump something?? That's lame...

@GR2Blackout: This was interesting to read, good job man.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCannon

@sentryssj4 said:

@TheCannon said:

@TheCannon said:

Bump.

This.

Did you really just agree with yourself in order to bump something?? That's lame...

@GR2Blackout: This was interesting to read, good job man.

Yes I did.

@TheCannon said:

@TheCannon said:

Bump.

This.

One of the world's greatest ideas.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GR2Blackout

Can you please stop bumping this over and over? I like that its getting more views because of the bumping, but its really getting annoying.

sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By sentryssj4

@TheCannon: Whatever makes you feel better about yourself it's still lame...

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheCannon

@GR2Blackout said:

Can you please stop bumping this over and over? I like that its getting more views because of the bumping, but its really getting annoying.

Sure. Can't wait for issue 2.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#15  Edited By wildvine

coolios.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points