Some characters...

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

So a while back I put up a thread in here with some characters that me and a friend of mine (havn't spoken with him in a long while tbh) have made up. I think it's time to introduce some more, since I've had quite a while to think of new ideas.

Here's the old thread:

Some characters that me and a friend of mine have made.

And some new characters:

1. Nightmare andHellbird: First of all, we have another (hero) character, called "Eagle". He's a master archer, and has a set of mechanic wings that allow him to fly (they're all majestic like a bald eagle's wings). He's not too much evolved and doesn't have that much backstory so I'm just mentioning him, because he's vital to the story of Nightmare & Hellbird.

They have no names as of yet so let's call them Ryan and Sarah.

Ryan and Sarah are brother and sister (Ryan is around 11 y/o, and Sarah is around 17 y/o). They were born and raised in a circus. Sarah has trained from a small age to use a crossbow and has become extremely talented. She preforms with it in the circus. Ryan was too young to preform and didn't really show any talent in anything he was taught (acrobatics, juggling, etc). That made him kinda rejected and a very sad, shy kid.

The manager of the circus was a cruel man. He was often beating preformers who made mistakes on stage, and generally made the lives of his people a nightmare.

One day, Ryan and Sarah's parents decided they have had enough. They packed what little they could, took their two kids, and ran off a night. Not much later, the manager and two of his yes-men have started to chase them. They caught them at a forest. The parents told the two siblings to run. The father beat up the goons, but the manager shot him and his wife, and took off after the kids. He caught up with Ryan and grabbed him.

Only to have a crossbow bolt buried in his neck a moment later. Tearing, Sarah tossed her crossbow aside and grabbed her little brother from under the manager's bleeding corpse. They both sat down in that spot and cried themselves to sleep.

Sarah woke up. She was in shock to find out that around her were not the trees and plant-life that were surrounding her the night before, but the very same circus that she and her brother ran off from. She was more surprised to find out that all the people there were happy and friendly, including the manager, who she could have sword she had killed.

When she tried to touch the people or the structures, her hand went right through them, as if they were thin air. Confused,she started walking around the circus yard, until she found her brother sitting on the ground, looking entranced. She called his name, but he didn't answer. She grabbed his shoulder. Suddenly, he gasped, and the circus disappeared, and the forest returned.

(here I have some sorta plot-hole where things happen and Ryan and Sarah end up with the heroes who try to teach Ryan to use his new-found gift).

Ryan was honing his skills with the heroes. You'd think he'd be thrilled to learn about his powers and unlock his potential, but he stayed quiet and grim. Sarah stayed with the heroes too, simply because her brother was there. Over time, she developed a friendship with Eagle.

As time passed, she started to understand that when her brother reaches a certain point in his potential, and when he gets a little older, the heroes will probably want toi take him to their side, to fight the villains. Which would put him in danger. Which she will not allow. No matter how much she pleaded the heroes to let her brother go, they refused, claiming that he's too unexperienced and dangerous to go out just yet.

She decided to take action. She stole one of Eagle's sets of wings, and tried to make a run-for with her little brother. She of course failed, but out of fear-she ran away. She decided she has to go further for this to work.

Long story short: she becomes a villain, re-designs Eagle's wings so that instead of majestic eagle-wings they are now black, barbed, scaly dragon wings. She uses dual crossbows to fight. She becomes obsessed with her attempts too much and develops a hatred for all heroes, who took her brother from her. Thus was born Eagle's arch nemesis-Hellbird.

• Hellbird's appearance: Beautiful, of course. Long, dark-brown hair. Wears a mask that covers her eyes. Havn't really decided what her suit looks like.
  • Hellbird's powers: Flight, thanks to her set of wings, and she's a master with her twin crossbows.

Ryan has mastered his skills and is now known as Nightmare.

• Nightmare's appearance: By the time he's unlocked his full potential, he's turned about 15. He as short, black hair and a baby-face. Still grim and quiet.
  • Nightmare's powers: Creating illusions is his main power. Now that he's more powerful, his illusions don't fade so easily against his will. He can also make them "solid", unlike what he has done in the forest. He can also infiltrate and affect people's dreams.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well NM and HB are two of my favorite creations. They have a relatively "complete" back-story so the rest of the characters I write about won't be as lengthy as those two. I'll mostly write the general ideas behind them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Lucky Six: This guy is meant to give some lighter, maybe funnier stories. Kinda like Deadpool. He literally has plot-powers. If I could define it I'd have said "super-luck" (hence the "Lucky" part). He's a blind man from southern USA, set more in the Wild West kinda setting. He loves drinking and gambling-which of course he always gets right. He carries a revolver (hence the "Six" part). He never misses a shot, which is absurd since he's blind. He's pretty much constantly intoxicated. He's not really a heroic type of guy, or a villain. He's just... there. So deal with it.

3. Nameless team of soldiers: This team I still have no name for. But it's composed of soldiers-some meta human and some aren't-from all over the world. It's some sort of an int'l spec-ops team. It has one man/woman from each country in the world. Some notable members:

• Skullface: American, their leader. Originally just a human soldier from the US Army, Call of Duty style dude. Back when he wasn't yet the leader (and didn't have the name Skullface so let's call him Jim for the meantime), he took part in a mission to take out a group of terrorists. Little did he and his team know that said terrorists were a cult that worshipped the evil god. When they confronted the terrorists, their leader desperately summon one of the evil god's minions. This minion just happened to be a powerful demon that took the form of a black skeleton. Soon-to-be-Skullface fought the demon. He found out the hard way that the demon's touch could melt flesh, when he grabbed and burnt the flesh off the lower part of Jim's face. Finally, having defeated the demon, Jim carved the lower end of his black skull as a twisted idea for a trophy to cover his wound. The demon's bone, which still had fading leftovers of black magic imbued in it, attached itself permanently to Jim's face, like a parasite. Thus he earned the name Skullface. Along with his new "face" came some super powers on which I'm not completely decided yet. Nothing too majestic or powerful though. Aside from his "unusual" face, Skullface has the appearance of a soldier. Wears whatever he needs according to his mission.
  • The Clover: Irish, world's greatest sniper. Loves beer. Red-haried and red-bearded. Huge and muscular.
  • Father Russia: A Russian priest. His grandfather was a Soviet, so his family believes in communism and all that. Father Russia, who doesn't believe in it, runs away from home and joins the army. He's soon elected to be part of this nameless team of soldiers. He prefers to fight more up-close and personal, rather than using guns. His weapons of choice are, ironically, a hammer and a sickle.
  • More characters that are yet to be developed: Boomslang, Spanish Angel, Turkish Horseman.

I have more. But they're too undeveloped to write about.

...any thoughts?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@the_red_viper: No problem. If you've got the idea, you've got the story- it's in there somewhere! ;)