Sharpshot - A tale from CORRUPTED #1

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Conner stared in silence across the room. His wife had been through more pain then he could imagine... but it had been worth it. This being clearly shown by the small child she was holding in her arms.

"Conner..." Mia Dearden said gently. Her head lying softly against the sleeping child's. "Aren't you going to say hello?" She asked. Slowly Conner stepped towards his wife... before kneeling next to her. The baby's eyes flickered open for a moment and stared at his father's face.

"Hello." Conner Hawke said nervously. He stroked the baby's forehead and it grabbed his finger with it's tiny, tiny hand. "I'm your dad..." A large grin began to spread across his face. "What do you want to call him?" Conner asked his wife.

"I don't know..." Mia sighed. "How about... Oliver? After your father?" Conner frowned before shaking his head.

"No..." Conner whispered. The baby had fallen asleep again. "How about... Callum?"

"You can't go home again."

Callum Hawke shivered in the darkness surrounding him, the dampness of the cave had already found a way to seep into his bones... his beautiful, beautiful young bones. 11 years old and already he'd seen more then most people see in their entire lives.

"Each of you have lost everything these past few days." Except for the old ba$tard looking down at them. Callum stared at the caped figure stood below the Giant Penny. Bruce Wayne had lost everything ten times over. His parents... his friends... and most recently his body to the Demon Etrigan. "Today, the President is asking you to lose it once more. As of this moment... everyone in this room is now a part of the Government." Callum had to admit he wasn't impressed by the figure... his robotic suit was clearly in the testing stages and was too bulky for any useful combat scenarios. If one of Deranger's rebels burst into the room now it would be more then likely Batman would end up dead... or maybe not. After all that robot was being piloted by the most dangerous man alive. "Get to your quarters." The robot growled. "Training starts at 0800... and the heroes of tomorrow need their rest."

The crowd began to shuffle out of the way as the security doors creaked open. Callum managed to get a good look at some of his fellow students for the first time. A girl stood next to him had blue hair... like some kind of wildcat. Two fat, stubby twins waddled around at waist height right near the closest exit. They didn't look like much... but they looked kinda tough, however it was the guards that gained Callum's full attention. The Hawkmen had the same features as the original, right down to the complexion. Two stood by every exit in their suits of Egyptian armour, giant golden maces were attached to their belts as they stood guard and kept an eye out for trouble... apparently they weren't expecting any though, since they looked completely bored.

Callum slowly made his way into the mansion above the cave. The secret passageways from days gone by has all been removed to make way for the training facility. Now it was much more public... no more using a secret entrance hidden by a clock, just really large stairs to walk up. Which was good since the place was already cramped with people trying to get to their rooms as quickly as possible. After several minutes of nudging and trying to make his way to his room in one piece Callum made it into his living quarters and slammed his door shut behind him. It locked automatically having registered its owner had finally arrived.

"So... you're my new bunkmate?"

Callum turned quickly in surprise, there were two beds in the small room... and somebody was sat on one of them. Callum's bag of personal belongings lay on the ground... its contents lying scattered all around. Among them was the bow that Callum had been given when he was younger. The boy didn't seem to mind however. He had grey, pale skin... almost as if he hadn't seen the sun in years. At the moment he was busy flipping through a photo book that Callum's mother had used to keep.

"What... what are you doing?!" Callum asked as he started to get angry. How dare this... this cretin tear apart his belongings! "Why would y-?"

"Sorry about that." The boy muttered. He stepped up from the bed and neatly popped the book back in the bag. He plucked the bow up by the string and placed it neatly against the wall. "What's the point of a bow without any arrows?" He asked. Callum opened his mouth to speak only for the boy to speak once more. "Never mind. I don't care. ANYWAY... I just wanted to learn a bit about who you are." He admitted. He glanced at the name tag on Callum's bag. "Mister... C. Hawke? What kind of name is th-"

"What do you mean... Learn who I am?" Callum asked.

"Are you Norman Bates?"

"Who?"

"Then I guess we're cool!" The kid said with a huge grin. He held his hand out. "Name's Weston!" He said with a small smirk. "Hitchcock Weston." Callum shook his hand slowly. "I'm a real Film Freak."

"My name's Callum."

"Well Callum... this is gonna be the start of a BEAUTIFUL friendship!"

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I love the Casablanca reference, how many variations of Sharpshot are there? Also, should I post the conclusion to Sharpshot/Doomhound: Bloody War or would you like to? And do you want to get started on our new project?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman

Depends if this annoying bug sorts itself out.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmm Film Freak cool, love me them Z-List villains

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Any story that lets you see and feel the possible of a thousand other stories is a good story to me. You capture those things in your start and you say. I have just began to create. I wish you well on your creation.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr

Well Sharpshot's been around for about a year now. This is just a flashback showing... his origin.

@cbishop

Yeah. Callum is Sharpshot. The reason why SS never refers to himself as such... will be shown in this series.

@spideyivydaredevilfan26

This is Sharpshot at a young age. You do know he's from an alternate dimension right? Right?! Cool.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#10 wildvine  Moderator

From Corrupted Book 6.

"Conner Hawke. What name have you chosen?"

"Sharpshot."

Callum was being trained three years before his father graduated. Not impossible I suppose, though it would be less confusing if we knew what happened to Conner? And math is not my strong suit, but if he was born in 2045, wouldn't he be older then eleven in 2061?