Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Sensational Songbird #2

Missed Last Issue? Catch up here

Don't recognise a character? Check out the list of appearances here to catch up

The Streets above Washington DC, Six Months before Thunderbolts #1

The attack came so hard, and so fast that Melissa had only seconds to react, and not enough time to raise any kind of defence. Instead she focused all the sonic energy she could manipulate, into creating a sonic platform under her feet and hands to lessen the impact with the ground. As she landed, the sonic platforms converted once again, this time giving her a sonic powered boost back into the air, wings spreading behind her, as she came face to face with her attacker.

“Maddicks!” Melissa hissed, as she spotted the blood on the hitman’s blades as he hovered before her. “This isn’t a great time.”

No Caption Provided

“Yeah I get that.” Killer Shrike answered, as he flashed Melissa a cruel smile. “I understand you have somewhere else to go and that’s why I’m here…to stop you!!” He added, as Melissa touched her left flank, only to find her two long talon scratches dripping with blood.

“News flash Killer Shrike, go away!!” Melissa yelled, her voice coalescing into a wave of sonic energy, one that Killer Shrike dove straight into, his talons vibrating as he charged into the energy field, the air popping and hissing around him, until he slammed blade first into Melissa’s chest, before being grabbed by the neck and thrown down below her. “How did you do that?” Melissa asked sternly, as Killer Shrike opened fire from below her, only for his energy blast to be deflected by a hastily erected sonic shield.

“Oh these old things?” Shrike asked. “Trade secret little Songbird.” He added, as he came charging in again, his foot impacting with the shield causing it to collapse in on itself and implode, the blast sending Melissa flailing backwards. “So you want to change your mind on fighting me?” he asked, as Melissa went blasting past him, towards the bus station. “Thought as much, this should make for some interesting video.” He snickered, as he blasted after her.

Shaking her head Melissa threw off the idea that Killer Shrike could be better than her, and dropped down into the bus station <Lanie I’m here where are you?> She called in a sub-sonic frequency, just as Killer Shrike’s shadow passed over her.

No Caption Provided

<By the arrivals hall, there’s this guy looking at me in a funny way, I don’t feel safe> Lanie replied, as Shrike opened fire, his blasters slashing holes in the floor, causing the waiting passengers to flee screaming. <What’s happening Melissa, I can hear people yelling>

<Don’t worry I’ve got to deal with this, and then I’ll be there. Just stay put and I’ll find you> Melissa ordered, as she whistled up a sonic sound lasso and pulled Killer Shrike down, only to see him cut through the construct with his talon blades.

“She’s at arrivals,” Killer Shrike stated, as he tapped a flesh coloured ear bud. “Yeah you have plenty of time, Gold can’t do a thing!” He snarled, as he opened fire again, this time with a flurry of laser coated buzz-saws, the projectiles slashing through everything they touched, causing Melissa to collapse to the floor to avoid being hit. Seconds after her dodge, Maddicks was on the ground and towering over her, his talons already vibrating with energy. “Any last words before I rip your throat out Gold?” He asked, moments before Melissa slammed her legs either side of his neck and flipped him over her head and into the bench behind her.

“None for you.” She replied, as a sonic pair of chains wrapped around Killer Shrike, effectively tying him down to the bench. Darting away Melissa headed to the arrivals hall, now devoid of people save for the fifteen year old girl hidden behind one of the desks, silently crying. “Lanie I’m here.” Melissa called, as she popped her head over the counter. “It’s okay I’ve got you.”

“Are you angry with me?” Lanie asked, as she slipped out from behind the desk, her shoulder length red hair matted, whilst the remains of her school uniform glowed pink slightly.

“No, I just wasn’t expecting that your powers would be active?” Melissa answered, as she took Lanie’s hands and led her outside. “I was under the belief you required a sonic harness to access your abilities just like I did.”

“I don’t know what happened.” Lanie whimpered. “My parents are going to be so mad, I mean made me see this hypnotherapist Dr Kate Sorenson after I ran away, for something like this they are going to kill me.”

No Caption Provided

“A bit of an overstatement don’t you…gahk.” Before she could finish Melissa was pulled off the ground and slammed into a bus, before being dropped to the floor by Killer Shrike. Getting to her feet, she saw something flash towards her, before feeling a pain in her hand, an arrow stabbed through the palm. Tracking up, she saw the archer standing on the roof of the arrival hall, his face covered in a skull mask, that matched the long cloak and hood he wore over blue ballistic armour. “Taskmaster?!” Melissa gasped, as the villain in question dropped down, his hands slipping a collar around Lanie’s neck. “Leave her alone!!”

“Sorry Gold, but I have a job to do.” Taskmaster replied, as he injected Lanie with a hypodermic needle, before tossing it to the floor and putting Lanie over his shoulder. “I can assure you that no harm will come to you.” He added, as Melissa ran forwards, only to be sucker-punched in the face by Killer Shrike. “You on the other hand, I’m sorry but my employer, out employer wants you dead.” He stated, before walking away, the limp teenager slung over his shoulder.

“Something I plan to make happen.” Killer Shrike chortled, as Melissa wrapped a sonic blade around her right fist, and a shield around her left. Hissing with rage she struck, the blade slashing round only to be dissipated by Killer Shrike’s talons, the shield following suit ten seconds later, with a double fisted stab. “Come on surprise me, this stuff is already old.” He taunted, as Melissa looked at the blades before unleashing a torrent of sonic energy straight at the talons, the sheer output causing the weapons to spark and hiss before exploding.

“Surprise.” Melissa announced, as Maddicks looked down at his gauntlets before taking to the air. Groaning Melissa pulled the arrow out of her hand, and cauterized the wound with a blast of sonic energy, before looking up as Killer Shrike looped round and slammed feet first into the bus behind her, the vehicle rolling towards her. Summoning all her remaining will power, she created a sonic bank, one strong enough to catch the bus as Killer Shrike landed on the underside and charged up his blasters.

“Looks like you’re preoccupied trying to catch the bus,” Maddicks sneered, as he blasted a hole in the bus, the beam of energy missing Melissa by a few feet, “to enjoy having a blast with me!!” he snarled as he fired again, the energy beams getting closer. With one final scream, Melissa expanded the bank. Flipping the bus and Killer Shrike into the air, before catching the later and pinning him with a sonic claw to the flank, before resting it on some sonic blocks, her attacker face down barely off the floor.

“You still want to complain about me having a bus to catch?” Melissa asked, as Maddicks strained to free himself. “If you want to walk again talk!! Where is Taskmaster taking Lanie, and who hired the pair of you.”

No Caption Provided

“I don’t know.” Maddicks answered coolly, as he shot Melissa a sneer. “It was compartmentalised, all I had to do was cover Tasky while he snagged the girl. Hell I didn’t even know he was involved until a few minutes ago.”

“So in other words I have nothing to lose by dropping this bus on you?” Melissa asked, as she fell to her knees, her muscles aching.

“I wouldn’t say that.” Maddicks replied. “That feeling you have, it’s a knockout poison manufactured by Death Adder, I know because I had a back-up vial just encase you took Taskmaster out.”

“Where is Death Adder then?” Melissa asked, as the bus shuddered.

“Not telling you any more!” Maddicks hissed, as he ripped himself free and flew at her low and fast. “You heard enough!” he snarled, unaware of the sonic wall materializing inches before his face, the blow sending him thudding to the ground.

“Enough to get me started.” Melissa groaned, <Lanie if you can here me I will come for you> She wheezed before falling to the floor. <I promise>

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@impurestcheese: Has there ever been such a thing as a GOOD hypnotherapist in comics? :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@waezi2: Maybe Doc Samson...

But I get what your saying

This one isn't
This one isn't

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I love how you write your battles. I get completely submersed in them. Poor Lanie! You portrayed Taskmaster perfectly, haha. Brilliant.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@ms-lola: Thanks, it comes down to sessions of combat choreography. Was really worried about writing Taskmaster, have never really tried writing him before

@ostyo:No I don't, but you can't really have a one sided fight, even if one of the characters is a joke

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@ostyo: Yeah well I'm a person who likes there villains, and no matter who you are, survival instinct dictates that when in danger a person is going to fight back no matter how outmatched

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@impurestcheese: Always loved Taskmaster. Good to see him in this.

Great fight between Mel and Maddicks.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@stumpy49er: Thanks, it's one of the fight scenes I'm most proud of. Taskmaster will be more important from Issue 6 when his role in this is more clear

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers