Rorschach: Judgment Day ( Part 1)

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By cyberninja

(This is my first FanFic, so please be kind to this fanfic noob.)

Rorschach's Journal 

November 2nd 1985 

I am in New York helping rebuilding the city. New York is the city of filth, and disease. I hate this city, yet I would not trade it for the world. That says lot about me. The sound of bullets is music to my ears. Sleazy Lawyers, and their cheap cologne. Corrupt politicians, and cops. Hookers, drug dealers, and gang bangers, they are all what makes this city what is it. And this city is what made me who I am. I could not see myself being anywhere else, yet less than 24 hours ago I did not think I would see the light of day again. I was dead, vaporized by that blue man they call Dr. Manhattan. But thanks to him I finally experienced that feeling, that wonderful feeling. Happiness. No pain. No worries. No light, No sound. Just nothingness. Death. I even smiled in the abyss of darkness.  

(Few hours before.) 

Darkness surrounds me. May be now I can get some peace.  See light, I knew this was too good to be true. I knew a guys like me would never be let to rest in peace. A bright flash of light blinds me. I slowly open eyes. Everything is so bright, it's hard to see. I can see clearly now, but I do not know what I am looking at. It's the sun, I see the sun. I am standing in a beach, I can smell the sweet ocean breeze, and I can feel the sand under my feet. What a beautiful sunset. Is this heaven? No, it can’t be, at least not the heaven I have been told about as a kid.  

"You could say it's YOUR heaven." Said a voice  

I turn around, but there is no one behind me or anywhere in sight. It must be the voices in my head. No. This was not the voice I normally hear, this is different. This is more clearer, and more loud. Could it be HIM?   

"You are right my son. You have many questions for me." Said the voice.  

Questions? Questions like "why me?" No thanks. I had many questions when I was a kid, but not anymore.  I know who I am, and I know what I do, and I do it best. But if you insist I will ask this, "what do you want?"  

"You were always straightforward, I always liked that about you. I have a proposition for you. Unbeknownst to you my son, you have always been soldier of good, fighting in a war older than time. You are right, you are good at what you do, and I want you to continue what you do. I will send you back, and I will give you power unlike any you've ever known, all you have to do is keep doing what you do. So my son, will you accept my proposition?" Said a voice.  

If this voice is HIM, then he already knows my answer. "What are you waiting for? Do it.........DO IT!!!!" 

"Remember, all you have to do is imagine." Said the voice.

In a blink of an eye I am transported to Antarctica, and that blue man is standing in front of me. It's snowing. I hear something behind me, I turn my head to look back, I see Daniel on his knees, still crying like a little girl. Daniel was always too soft for his own good, but he is a good man. I look down only to see that I am standing in a pool of blood. Oh yes. That is right. This is where I died. I see differently now, I feel different. I look back at Dr. Manhattan.I see him slowly raising his hand. Time is moving very slow. I find myself gazing at the blue man's hand that is still rising. I can feel power building up in that hand of his. Question is to do what? Blue light oozes off Dr. Manhattan's hand, and he then slowly lowers his hand. He already did what he wanted to do, and I am still here. I suddenly find myself holding something in my hand. Did he use his powers? Did he put that in my hand? What is it? I open my hand. It's my mask.   

"Took you a while. Welcome back my friend." Said the blue man. 

I can hear his thoughts, the blue man is truly happy. He knew I would be back all along. He smiles,  I smile back, and put on my mask. I know what I must do now. I can feel it. I slowly close my eyes and remember what that voice told me. All I have to do is just imagine you say? Alright then. I opened my eyes again only to see confusion on Dr. Manhattan's face. I am levitating 12 feet up in the air. I guess I can fly now. I feel incredible power within me. I have to do my job now. As I fly away, I stop for I hear the blue man ask me something. "What now?" he said. I look back down at the blue man and say the only thing I came to my mind.  

"Hurmmm, what now? It's simple, I am going home or whatever is left of it. Once I am done rebuilding the city, and telling the people what really happened; I am coming for you and Adrian. There will be hell to pay, it will be Judgment Day!"