Robin Hood: Vampire Hunter.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Edited By wildvine  Moderator

"This is a story that has been told, and retold yet again. And with each telling it changes. Perhaps it is fitting that Robert of the hood has became a figure of legend. Notoriety is not something he ever sought, though it found him. And so, in my last days, I sit here to record for future generations the true story. The one that started all the stories. The birth of the legend...."

Robert of the hoods knelt quietly on his elevated perch. Arrow notched, and bow string drawn taunt. He would only get one shot at this. And it wasn't an easy shot in well light, let alone in shadow.

"Help! Someone help me!" Mary screamed as she ran semi-blind through the forest, keeping to the path more from memory then sight. Her lines were rehearsed but the panic was real. The ravenous Noble behind her certainly wasn't playing a part. If she slipped, or if Robert missed, there would be no help for her.

'If he must miss, let him hit me.' She prayed silently. She had heard tales of what the Noble did when enraged. And it would be quite enraged if it realized it was being led to a trap.

Robert sat at the ready, and blinked a drop of sweat from his eye. Willed his tired arm not to tremble. Any second now....

Mary rushed into the clearing, and immediately dove to the ground. A bee buzzed past her ear. No, not a bee, otherwise she would be dead.

Robert's arrow flew straight and true, finding its way into the demons dead heart. "AAAAAAARRRRRRHHHHH" The Noble roared as its body erupted into flame. The flames of Hell, Friar Tuck believed. The demon was quickly reduced to ash, and bone.

"Alright, that infernal noise will alert any Noble in the area. So we need to break camp post haste." Robert called down to his companion John Little.

"Aye Mister Locke, and a foine bit of shooting, I might add." Robert couldn't see John, but knew from experience he was giving the thumb of approval. A silly gesture he had came up with, and was convinced it would catch on if repeated enough.

'John and his ideas.' Robert shook his head to himself. Where did he get such notions?

"Cutting it a bit close there Mr. Locke. Any closer and I would need another earring." Mary huffed angrily.

"As if you needed another." Robert replied dryly. She wore three rings in each ear. And another in her lip. There where rumors of others, but a gentleman did not entertain such thoughts. Around the camp she was known ironically as 'Maid Mary.'

Despite her unladylike nature, or perhaps because of it, she had proven quite useful. As an information collector, and as bait. She was also a capable fighter.

"Learn anything of interest tonight?" Robert asked as they walked back to the camp.

"Learned something very interesting, as a matter of fact. Though i'll need a bit of rope--"

"About the Nobles, woman!" Robert cut her off. She did love to play her games.

"Ah, well yes actually, though its not as interesting......"

"Well?" He asked, becoming exasperated.

"I learned if you cut off the head, the body will flounder." She smirked

At first he assumed that is another lewd comment. Then it sinks home."You mean....?"

"Correct. Kill the first and the rest will follow." She said very slowly, as if speaking to an idiot.

"Any word on where to find this head?"

"Oh yes. The demon lord is expected at castle Nottingham in three moons for a costume ball in his honor. One Lord Vlad Tepes"

"Tell me, Maid Mary, do you have any lady garments in your wardrobe?"

Three moons later....

"I don't like this" John Little commented uneasily. His size might intimidate mortals, but all his strength would count for nothing in this den of death.

"Grow up you big baby. The demons ash covers our living scent." Mary whispered fiercely. She was nervous herself, and him being nervous was making her more nervous.

Their mission was to mingle among the Nobles, and find Vlad.

"Here, have some virgin blood. Aged 27 years." A Noble appeared at her side, and sniffed the wineglass with pleasure, before handing it to Mary.

"Only the best for the lord eh?" She took a sip, and pretended to savor it.

"What else?" The Noble replied, and licked his lips with a black tongue. Mary realized with some revulsion, that it was flirting with her. Or trying to. Being a Noble did not make one romantically smooth, despite the myths.

"Indeed. Twenty-seven year old virgin blood is a rare vintage." She gently lead John away before he could turn green.

"You, ulp." He gagged quietly, "You drank blood." He was dangerously close to throwing up.

"I've drank worse things." She replied cryptically. "Take deep, slow breathes, or we'll be next years beverage." she hissed, elbowing him in the side.

Other merry men were dressed as jesters, and were acting as servers.

"Fellow Nobles" A vampire clinked one long, black nail against a wineglass. "Our lord, and master, Vlad of Tepes"

At first there is nothing to see. Then a dark mist cloud drifted in through an open window, and swirled about, before solidifying into a giant bat creature that spread its huge wings theatrically. "Good ev'ning my children" It grinned, before melting into a more human form, the wings became a flowing cape. The ears remain pointed.

It seemed that a recon mission was a tad unnecessary....

"I have heard the cry of you all. This, Robert of the hood, has been hunting us, and encouraging a human rebellion? I intend to feast on him for many days. But, I suspect he is closer then you all know. A sheep among wolves." His met Mary's gaze directly, and beckoned her to him with a finger. "You can mask your scent, but not your heartbeat. You soul is a filthy thing human. Do you think it will go up at your passing? Give yourself to me, and live forever as one of my brides."

"Nooo!" John Little charged the demon lord, only to be swatted carelessly aside like a fly.

"Up here demon" Robert called from the elevated walk way, letting fly a burning arrow with his credited accuracy.

Vlad caught the arrow with one hand, and cast Mary away with the other. "I'm afraid you'll need to do better then this Mr. Hood". He gloated before the arrow exploded in his face. A gray cloud enveloped him.

Exploding arrows, another of John's ideas, albeit a more useful one. The demons were fireproof, but had a weakness to silver. And the exploding arrow had been laced with silver powder.

Robert grabbed a chandelier rope, and swung himself down at the demon lord. All around the castle chaos had ensued, as the merry men fought for their lives against the Noble blood. The screams of men, the roars of demons. Sounds none of the living would ever forget. Robert of the hoods slammed into Vlad of Tepes, and drove an arrow into his black heart with one mighty thrust. "This is for my mother, fiend!! Return to whatever hell spawned you!"

"If I must, but I won't be going alone." Vlad wheezed, as he clutched Robert by the throat, and buried his fangs into the hero's neck. The pain was intense, but brief, as the demon lord was reduced to ash, and all the Nobles fell down, stone dead. Their link to this world forever severed.

"We lost several good men that night. But we didn't realize our greatest loss till the next day. Robert, of course whiled the night away in with drink, and merry making. His men never suspected a thing. That's what he wanted, I think. He was a man with a death sentence, but still his thoughts were for others, and their happiness. He would have made a fine man of the cloth.

The next day Robert was bed ridden. It might have been he had celebrated a bit too hard, or maybe just the full impact of the night before catching up to him. But I knew. I had seen the sickness too often to fool myself. He was dying. The sickness was killing him, rather then turning him. In his last hours, while he still had strength, he let fly one final arrow. And requested he be buried where it landed. Shortly after that he breathed his last, and, I believe, found the gates of pearl. John Little watched over Roberts grave for three nights, just to be safe. But Robert stayed buried, as I knew he would.

That summer he made an honest woman out of Maid Mary, and she joined our holy church. John became an inventor, as history recalls, and needs not be retold here. He, and Mary had a son about a year after being married. Named him Robin. Mischievous young lad. And quite adept with an bow. I have wrote these things in my own hand, and to the best of my knowledge, as truth,

Friar Tuck.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Pyrogram

OMFG

"This is a story that has been told, and retold yet again. And with each telling it changes. Perhaps it is fitting that Robert of the hood has became a figure of legend. Notoriety is not something he ever sought, though it found him. And so, in my last days, I sit here to record for future generations the true story. The one that started all the stories. The birth of the legend...."

Still amazes the hell out of me, that is so well written it scares me.

He was a man with a death sentence, but still his thoughts were for others, and their happiness. He would have made a fine man of the cloth.

Awww :'( Like that a lot ^^

Nice improvements and ending. Gloat away boy.

A pleasure the first time as it was the second time to read it miss Wildvine.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By dngn4774

Cool Story! Why did he die instead of making a full transformation?

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Cherry good ivy <3, more fleshed out, great job

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Aiden Cross

That's awesome, really interesting take ontthe character =)

Mr_Stagger_Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Mr_Stagger_Lee

This one :O

Really nice improvements on it. This is so much better than the one you did for the CCC. Nice job.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pyrogram

@Aiden Cross said:

Your on the fan fic section :O Since when!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#7  Edited By cbishop

@Pyrogram said:

Nice improvements and ending. Gloat away boy.

A pleasure the first time as it was the second time to read it miss Wildvine.

Only gloat I can make is that it is indeed better with an ending, but this blows away what I was thinking for the CCC. The word count was so limited that time, my thought was the only ending was to have the arrow hit Vlad the first time, instead of him catching it. Then write the "real ending" later. This is awesome. Very nice job, wildvine. Worth the wait, even. ;)

@dngn4774 said:

Kind of appropriate, actually. Robin dies in the real story, too. ;)

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#8  Edited By RazzaTazz

@wildvine: Such an interesting fusion of different genres.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By Aiden Cross

@Pyrogram said:

@Aiden Cross said:

Since... forever :p I read a lot, but i hardly ever comment. Ehhh, i probably should but oh well ;p

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pyrogram

@Aiden Cross said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Aiden Cross said:

Since... forever :p I read a lot, but i hardly ever comment. Ehhh, i probably should but oh well ;p

Yes, yes you should old buddy :P

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By batkevin74

I imagine he looks like this Robin Hood, especially with the below quote. Good mash up! Quite inspiring

@wildvine said:

"Up here demon" Robert called from the elevated walk way, letting fly a burning arrow with his credited accuracy.
No Caption Provided
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@dngn4774 said:

He died in the original story, so it seemed appros. Also, he couldn't change since Vlad was dead.

Mei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mei

Very novelesque, I absolutely love this. Some of the expressions you use here I'm gonna have to remember to incorporate into my writing as well. BumpyBoo sure can recognize a writer :3

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By feebadger

This is such a great idea and your writing has just improved in leaps and bounds, lady. Hope Hollywood is reading for their next adaptation. Great work, lady :)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@wildvine said:

"Aye Mister Locke, and a foine bit of shooting, I might add." Robert couldn't see John, but knew from experience he was giving the thumb of approval. A silly gesture he had came up with, and was convinced it would catch on if repeated enough.

Ha ha ha thumbs originated from Sherwood Forest :) Curious on why you choose the name Robert as opposed to Robin, what was your reason? Not that there is anything wrong with it, I am just curious on why? :)

Excellent work!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@4donkeyjohnson said:

@wildvine said:

Ha ha ha thumbs originated from Sherwood Forest :) Curious on why you choose the name Robert as opposed to Robin, what was your reason? Not that there is anything wrong with it, I am just curious on why? :)

Excellent work!

This was originally a contest entry, and one of the rules was we couldn't call him Robin Hood, so Robert of the Hood it was.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Coolz

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@wildvine: I would almost like to see a sequel where your Nobles have made Robert rise from the dead to serve them, Robert's son luckily called Robin steps into the emerald green leggings to continue the family tradition :)

Regardless, this was very entertaining

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@4donkeyjohnson said:

I would almost like to see a sequel where your Nobles have made Robert rise from the dead to serve them, Robert's son luckily called Robin steps into the emerald green leggings to continue the family tradition :)

Regardless, this was very entertaining

Interesting idea. Let me play with it. I was thinking of doing a prequel, to explain Roberts hate of the Noble blood.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@wildvine: Well either way, let me know please

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batkevin74

@wildvine said:

I was thinking of doing a prequel, to explain Roberts hate of the Noble blood.

DO it!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@4donkeyjohnson said:

Well either way, let me know please

Will do.

@batkevin74 said:

I was thinking of doing a prequel, to explain Roberts hate of the Noble blood.

DO it!

Okay, eventually. : P

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lykopis

You continue to enthrall me, my dear. Your mind -- I know I said it before, but I really, really want to take a trip inside it. It would be the best experience ever. Is there nothing you can't incorporate into a riveting story?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@lykopis said:

You continue to enthrall me, my dear. Your mind -- I know I said it before, but I really, really want to take a trip inside it. It would be the best experience ever. Is there nothing you can't incorporate into a riveting story?

Funny you should ask that. I have been trying to merge a fairy tale with scifi elements, but so far, no dice.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lykopis

@wildvine:

If it's on your list of things to do -- then it will be done. Seriously, I can't wait to see that story now.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TommytheHitman

Very interesting story, I really enjoyed seeing Robin killing some Nobles! Very interesting take on the characters.

hellmouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wildvine  Moderator
4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Any news on prequel or sequel?

Prequel in the works. Couple other projects to catch up first.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Bumped because after re-reading it again (do a sequel or prequel...I dare you) it deserves a casual bump!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wildvine  Moderator

@wildvine: Bumped because after re-reading it again (do a sequel or prequel...I dare you) it deserves a casual bump!

Challenge accepted Mr Bat. In return, I dare you to write the sequel to the Fantastic Four mashed up origins I've been calling for for nearly a year.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Oooooooooooooo nice! I did love my Mashed Up Origins universe....okay. Gauntlet has been thrown, challenge accepted, brain engaging :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: A casual bump which may get us both of our @sses :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wildvine  Moderator

@wildvine: A casual bump which may get us both of our @sses :)

I forgot our deal. Okay, lemme do the Writers Guild thing, and then some Marvel Nexus.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@wildvine: @batkevin74: The game is afoot. Tis a noble pact between the American and the Australian. But what of the noble Scot. Well she says and I quote (myself), "Ha ha I have my own super evil 35 piece project to complete."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: I think I upheld my end of the deal with Book 1 of the Marvel Mashed Up Origins which has the FF in it :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wildvine  Moderator

@batkevin74:

Sorry. I forgot about our deal. For a year. But as you have brought it to my remembrance I will put it on top of my in box. One prequel or sequel to come. It'll either be Sherwood: Rise of the nobles or Little John, werewolf hunter. Lol

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Honestly it has the makings of a group if you cared to expand, but John Little: Werewolf Hunter sounds like an excellent show that got cancelled in the first season because they didn't know how to market it and it did excellent on DVD :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@batkevin74:

A group? Really? Anyway, it will have to be a prequel, since that's apparently what I promised Donkey Johnson.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Seriously it has potential as a group. Medieval Vs Vampires. The Merry Men could be groups set up all about England with Robin of The Hood as the defacto leader of the resistance against the Nobles and their leader Vlad. Keep it small, set the rules on the vamps and set it free.

Imagine a small band behind enemy lines in Transylvania trying to assassinate Vlad. Imagine a vampire who switches to the resistance due to their purity of heart. One of the Merry Men has been leaving messages for the Nobles alerting them to the actions of the group for the promise of gold. Robin finds Excalibur!

Stuff like that.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped as I have an idea!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points