Return to Amalgam: Super Spider #1

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HenryDWR

((Hey! So, this is my first issue of the Return to Amalgam series Super Spider. The link to the fan-fic group is here. I hope you like it!))

On a distant planet, there lived beings known as Kryptiotes. These Kryptiotes were a very intelligent race, but were simply a blob of goo that needed another lifeform to essentially merge with to provide locomotion, use tools and such.

Currently they possessed bipedal, unintelligible animals similar in size and mental capacity to intelligent chimps. Through this "relationship" they thrived and spread across the planet. The Kryptiotes advanced greatly thanks to the base abilities provided by the animals turning these creatures afraid of fire into a populous race with libraries, universities, hospitals, and theatre. They even discovered another dimension which they called the Parallel Zone, and sent their criminals there stripping them from their hosts to reflect upon their crimes.

But though their planet had been transformed into a virtual utopia, their doom was imminent.

Rich-Kel, a genius Kryptiote scientist, had noticed a massive meteor on a collision course with the planet. He went to warn Ven-Zod, the head of the scientist group, though he did not believe this.

Rich-Kel was not ready to argue with the Supreme Scientist of Krypton, but he knew that he had to do something. So he went back to his home and decided to talk to his wife, Lara-Kel, about sending their newborn son, Par-Kel, who didn't have a host yet, to a new planet where he could be safe. Lara agreed, and together they boarded Par-Kel onto a rocket. However, they didn't notice a small Kryptiotian spider-like creature crawl into the ship. And while all this was happening, Ven-Zod jumped off of his host and began to send himself into the Parallel Zone.

Even though the ship was moving close to the speed of light, it took hundreds of years and both the baby and the spider were placed in a hibernation mode. This was good, because the baby would have died if not. Eventually, they were released from hibernation and they could see the planet in the distance: Earth. It crash-landed onto Earth in an open field. The baby was dead, his remains scattered across the field. They absorbed themselves into the soil before anyone saw it. But the spider remained intact due to it's amazing exoskeleton. But not being very smart, the spider felt trapped in the ship's ruins. That is, until the ship and the spider were found months later by LuthCorp scientists

"Hey look," a scientist said, "I found an alien spacecraft!"

The other scientist rushed over. "Hey, look at that spider!" he said. "It's red and blue, and it doesn't look like any spider I've ever seen before."

Hey! My name is Peter. Peter Kent to be exact. I'm from a small neighborhood in New York, living with my grandparents, Mama May and Papa Ben. Soon, my life will be changed for the better. And the worse. I can't decide yet. But that's not what I'm here for. I'm here to tell you my origin. How I got these powers and became the hero known as Super Spider. Well, you interested? Good. Make yourself comfortable. Cause this is gonna be a long story.

It started when my teacher announced that we were going to LuthCorp for a field trip, studying their line of defense against alien attacks. All of my crazed classmates were so excited, but I knew that stuff was baloney. Anyway, I was not excited for this. But we were going. No way I could change that. Anyway, when we got there, who else was to greet us but Norman Luthor, head of LuthCorp himself? NOW I was excited.

"Hello, kids," he said. "Today we will be looking at LuthCorp's Defense Against Alien Attacks division, a division I myself take pride in very much."

"Ugh," I replied, "Another paranoid dude that just happens to be in power and is wasting their time, money and resources trying to find something that can pierce Martian flesh."

"Oh, just you wait and see, kid, just you wait and see."

Well, that was cryptic. Anyways, we walked down the hallway, looking at weapons like laser gun shields, alien radar detectors, and so on and so on. But then I saw it. A crashed spacecraft. And right next to that, a spider. Red and blue. A real alien! Of course, I put my hand through the bars of the cage. Who wouldn't?

"Be careful," Norman said, "That spider might be a super-genius with a raygun!"

"Ow! I think that the 'super-genius' bit me!" I said jokingly. "But seriously. He bit me. Although that does hint against your raygun theory."

After that news, I was rushed to the hospital. No venom was in my body. When I got home, I decided to go to bed early. You know, just in case.

The next morning, I was having trouble getting up. Everything I touched was sticking to my body, when I breathed heavily on things, they froze, I could see through the walls of my house and all when Mama May was entering the room, I felt the back of my neck tingle. I had superpowers, I thought, the spider bite gave me superpowers. This was amazing! When I got to school, I showed everyone my powers, even ones I didn't know I had, such as heat vision, super strength and even the power to fly! Then, I saw something amazing! The girl I had a crush on, Gwen Lang, was coming towards me.

"Wow," she said, "you can do some crazy things that go against all logic! After school, you wanna find out how they work?"

"Of course!" I replied, not trying at all to keep my excitement in.

We studied after school for quite some time, but I still didn't find anything major. All we figured out was that it had something to do with the combination of the spider bite and the yellow rays of the sun. But every moment of it was like heaven. Until I got home, where it then became hell.

"Your Papa Ben is dead," my Mama May said. Apparently he was murdered by a burglar. I hated myself at that moment. Why was I spending time with some girl when I could've saved my grandfather's life? "That's terrible," I replied, but what was even more terrible was that I could've stopped that burglar in an instant. I ran up to my room, sobbing. It was then and there that I decided that I would avenge my grandfather's death and make up for my idiocy by fighting crime from here on out.

First, I needed a costume. I decided to base it off the colors of the spider that bit me: Red and blue. Next, I decided to create a pair of web shooters to go with the spider motif. And finally, I needed a name. I decided to go with what caused my powers. A Super... Spider.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@henrydwr: Your intro is a little all over the place. Here's a minor edit of it, use it if you wish

On a distant planet, there lived beings known as Kryptiotes. These Kryptiotes were a very intelligent race, but were simply a blob of goo that needed another lifeform to essentially merge with to provide locomotion, use tools and such.

Currently they possessed bipedal, unintelligible animals similar in size and mental capacity to intelligent chimps. Through this "relationship" they thrived and spread across the planet. The Kryptiotes advanced greatly thanks to the base abilities provided by the animals turning these creatures afraid of fire into a populous race with libraries, universities, hospitals, and theatre. They even discovered another dimension which they called the Parallel Zone, and sent their criminals there stripping them from their hosts to reflect upon their crimes.

But though their planet had been transformed into a virtual utopia, their doom was imminent.

Rich-Kel, a genius Kryptiote scientist, had noticed a massive meteor on a collision course with the planet. He went to warn Ven-Zod, the head of the scientist group, though he did not believe this.

Other than that it's a good start. Let's see him in action

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@henrydwr: Your intro is a little all over the place. Here's a minor edit of it, use it if you wish

Other than that it's a good start. Let's see him in action

Thanks! However, although I won't keep the conversation, I will keep the stuff after. I think it's important to know about the spider-like creature and (as a foreshadowing of events to come) Ven-Zod slipping into the Parallel Zone.