Return to Amalgam: Stinger #1

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HenryDWR

(Sorry for not posting anything in a while. Here we go!)

In a small, dark alleyway in the outskirts of Central City, a man was getting mugged. The mugger was coming closer and closer to the poor man as he felt hopeless. He couldn't do anything about it! Cowering in fear, the criminal pulled up a gun to him.

"Help!" the man said. "Anybody! Please!"

"Give me your wallet and I'll let you go," the mugger snorted.

Of course, this was not a very smart thing to do, but he was a criminal, and didn't know better. But this man was about to be served justice at a very, very small scale.

The mugger shot at the man but a tiny, red blur sped in at the speed of a race car, made a huge leap, grabbed the bullet (which was half its size) and discarded it to the side. The mugger gasped as he shot another bullet, but the blur simply knocked the man out of the way, and the bullet missed.

The mugger looked down to see that the blur was speeding around in circles and bouncing off walls. Showing off, the mugger thought. Realizing that the mugger's bullets would be meteors to this thing, he shot some downwards, but somehow, the blur vibrated through the bullets, which exploded soon after. The blur then ran for his leg. And for the first time, he heard that the blur had a voice. "STING!" he shouted. The man fell over.

The blur stopped and grew into normal size. He not looked.... human, oddly. "Hi, I'm the Stinger," he said, "Nice to meet you. Are you okay?"

"Hey, Iris!" Barry Pym said as he got home from his lab. "I've discovered something very interesting..."

"What is it, Barry?" Iris van Dyne, Barry's fiancee, replied.

"It's a mysterious energy that allows you to shrink, and while you're tiny, you can run really fast!" he replied. "I call it the Pym Force!"

"Interesting..." she said, "but are you saying you were that 'Stinger' guy in the news?"

"It's already out in the news?" Barry said. "I've already made my mark on the world, then!"

"Not really," Janet said, "The Daily Siren calls you a 'menace'. I don't think you're getting good reviews by the press."

"So?" Barry asked. "He calls SUPER SPIDER a menace. Dude's a hero! Everyone knows that!"

"Whatever," Iris said. "I just don't think that this is good for you."

Outraged, Barry ran out into his courtyard, where his biracial soon-to-be-nephew, Wally Foster, and his best friend, Scott Zolomon, were sitting.

"Hey! Uncle Barry!" Wally said.

"I told you not to call me that until the wedding!" Barry said, annoyed.

Wally ignored him and continued. "I heard that entire conversation! So does that means you're a superhero now!" Wally gasped. "Can I be your sidekick!?"

"No! No, no, no!" Barry said. "Considering how you're so energetic now, you should NOT get super-speed and shrinking! And that settles it!"

"Yeah, maybe when you're older," Scott said.

Somewhere, deep in the heart of Africa, there was a city of hyper-intelligent gorillas, empowered by a meteor and communicating telepathically. However, these streets were not devoid of crime. The lunatic "Groddhead" roamed the streets, trying to overthrow the king. Eventually, he marched into the castle and killed the king. He then announced over the loudspeaker:

"Greetings. I am your new leader, Groddhead. I am here to let you know that your king, Solovarlin, is now dead. And today, I am here to show you the evil that is now steadily approaching our wonderful community: humanity. They say that they are the descendants of apes, but they are far too worthless to carry that name. If humanity was to find us, they would eradicate us instantly. So we must eradicate them first. Now my first order of business for you, underlings, is to find worthy humans who will survive after our eradication, in exchange for helping us eliminate them. These humans will be wearing the suits I will provide them. And they will be the last humans in the world, the Rogue Defense Force."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@henrydwr: it's a little basic, don't you think?

I didn't like this. Not meaning to be mean but it was too short and lacked detail, seemingly written in four minutes and posted up. I'm sure you can build this into a better chapter.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Okay I wrote this in 4 minutes. Now I'm not showing off nor telling you to use this, just showing another way of doing things.

“Please…” cowered the man as the mugger brandished a gun in his face. The mugger grabbed him by the collar drawing him close as he shook him roughly.

“Wallet. Keys. Phone. Now!” he barked into the man’s face, his hot alcohol fuelled breath and spit washed over his terrified face.

Something zipped past them at a very high speed, like a wasp out of hell.

“What?” The mugger looked around but his eyes couldn’t follow the darting blur as it was too small and too fast; like trying to follow a hummingbird. The mugger waved his gun around like a flyswatter to no avail as it zipped around him, he flapped his arms in a comical fashion trying to get it. The little dot paused and hovered in the air. The mugger’s brain couldn’t really process what was happening as the dot got bigger and bigger and turned into a fist, and smashed him in the face!

“STING!” yelled the costumed man now standing over him. The mugger was out cold. The man in the costume reached down and helped up the confused and petrified victim.

“Hi. I’m the Stinger.” He said with a smile. “Nice to meet you. Are you okay?”

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By HenryDWR

@batkevin74: Sorry. Honestly, I felt bad about not posting anything in a while, so I just farted this out at a very inconvenient time. But you know what they say, quality over quantity. I'll refine it now.