#1 Edited by dngn4774 (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the title states this is for recommended reading. So how does this work? It's pretty simple the page serves for two main purposes.

One purpose is to nominate fanfic stories that you believe are noteworthy and should get more views. Please do not turn this into the feedback joint. You cannot recommend your own work on this page, only stories from other writers, stories that you honestly feel are good examples of what an author should aspire to. Please don't just put up a link to someone's story because you're friends with them or because they already nominated your work, lets try to run this on a merit system.

The other purpose of this story is to make request links to stories that provide good authenticity on a character. For example if someone request a Rose Wilson fanfic they could check out Ravager4's Rose Wilson: Gotham Nightmares.

These links can come from any any site or source so long as the author is credited. So does anyone have a nomination or a request?

Recommended Reading Collection

#2 Posted by ekrolo (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like an interesting idea and one that should hopefully gets some good stories some more views.

#3 Posted by dngn4774 (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I'll start a request. Does anyone know where I can find a good fic on Aquaman or Wonderwoman?

#4 Edited by batkevin74 (11224 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: I did one called Doomsday Elseworlds starring Aquaman

#5 Edited by dngn4774 (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Thx. I skimmed through it awhile back, but I'll try to give it a more detailed read this time.

#6 Posted by i_like_swords (17694 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by dngn4774 (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also going to nominate Delphic's Tis the Season title. It has a bit of a rough patch in the last moments, but it is hands down my favorite story on the Vine so far.

#8 Posted by dngn4774 (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by i_like_swords (17694 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74:

@dngn4774 said:

You cannot recommend your own work on this page, only stories from other writers, stories that you honestly feel are good examples of what an author should aspire to.

Please don't turn this into a self promotion thread. Just recommend other writers.

#11 Edited by dngn4774 (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone know where I can find a good fic on Wonderwoman?

#12 Posted by Irishlad (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Joygirl's Gotham Hearts and Riddle Me This series are definitely some of the best DC related stuff you'll see around here.

As for Marvel I'm not really aloud say since I'd be shamelessly plugging my Marvel Mayhem group left right and center since I love all of the series on there.

One thing I always wanted to see was indie comic related fan-fics like an Invincible related one if anyone does write an indie comic related fan-fic/has please let me know, I'll be the first to comment.

#13 Posted by wildvine (10374 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishlad said:

Joygirl's Gotham Hearts and Riddle Me This series are definitely some of the best DC related stuff you'll see around here.

As for Marvel I'm not really aloud say since I'd be shamelessly plugging my Marvel Mayhem group left right and center since I love all of the series on there.

One thing I always wanted to see was indie comic related fan-fics like an Invincible related one if anyone does write an indie comic related fan-fic/has please let me know, I'll be the first to comment.

If by indie you mean original, then may I present...

Punky & June, Monster Hunters

Madame Techia #0

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a great idea!!

I would highly recommend batkevin74's Scourge series. The dialogue is really witty and it really knows how to combine the entire Marvel Mayhem universe into the stories.

Look for them in the Marvel Mayhem section!

#15 Posted by Project_Worm (3530 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: But- But that's your work.. *hides*

#16 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1722 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by wildvine (10374 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by ImpurestCheese (6089 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Project_Worm (3530 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by dngn4774 (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't a fan fic but I'd certainly recommend viewing it. It's DC's showcase on Green Arrow and it's one my favorite portrayals of that character.

#21 Posted by batkevin74 (11224 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishlad: @rabbitearsblog: @4donkeyjohnson: @wildvine: @impurestcheese: @project_worm: @dngn4774: I would like to recommend Joshmightbe's series Splicers. Set in 2041 where the genetically engineered children of a fad in the 2000's are a problem and the remedy to the world's ills. It got over looked, it's fun and I am biased because I have stories in his universe as well (so peripheral spruiking of my own work) Go here to see what he's done: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/splicers-library-672963/

#22 Posted by dngn4774 (3517 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by knightofthechronicle (721 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: Ah, you flatter me. Thanks for the nomination man.

#24 Edited by dngn4774 (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: Ah, you flatter me. Thanks for the nomination man.

No problem. It's a great read. Are you planning on continuing it?

#25 Posted by knightofthechronicle (721 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: One more chapter left, it's going to be a big one too, I just have to get over my laziness and get it done. After that, I may have another series planned out to continue it.