Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Ok so this is a little background info on the races of my up-coming fan fic series set in the fictional world of Alba. My first series will be mostly centred around Pictland and the Pictish warrior Hueil An Gallovidan but he will come in to contact with people from other lands as the story progresses and I may do stand alone story's about others as well. After I get the foundations set down for this world if any body would like to do there own storys that tie in then pm me. 

Picts
 Picts
    These tattooed people hail from a land mostly covered in forests and mountains known as Pictland. Others may think of of it as grim and wet area but the abundance of rain makes for a green and lush environment. The Picts are peapol of the earth, being mostly farmers and hunters they are the most adept scouts and woodsmen of all the humans in Alba witch in the past has made them some times ally's with the Wood Elves. They are passionate warriors and have had a shaky relationship with the Empire that has resulted in numerous battles. The people of Pictland are separated in to six major clans each with a Clan Chief as its head, at times of great need the Chiefs will form a counsel and elect a High King to lead there nation. 

Varangians 
Varangians 
From the ice forests and snowy mountains of Varyag these northmen are can survive in extreme cold that no other human could bare. This advantage makes the land of Varyag almost unconquerable, if the harsh climate has not repelled any would be invaders then the martial prowess of these born warriors will. Trained from birth in the ways of battle the only honourable way to die is with a sword or battle axe in hand. 

Empire of Outremer 
Empire of Outremer 
The largest nation in Alba is the Empire of Outremer, it is led by Emperor Nathaniel, known as the Silver King for he wears a mask forged out of pure sliver to cover a wound he received while fighting in the war against the High Elves. The Empire encompasses many of the smaller surrounding nations, all who now pay homage to Emperor Nathaniel who installs fervent worship in his people. The Empire sees the only way to peace is the uniting of all men under one banner and they apply this notion with the best trained heavy cavalry in Alba. 

High Elves (Lesgens d'Or) 
High Elves (Lesgens d'Or) 
 Across the Sea of Silver lies Terre de Vielille the home to the HIgh Elves or the Golden People in there own tongue. The Elves are not as strong as most humans yet they are incredibly fast and live far longer. Being the oldest (civilised) race in Alba they see most other nations as lesser beings and refuse to ally with them unless under extreme circumstances (like the pact made with the Empire during the Siege of  Easterland). High Elves are the most adept mages in all of Alba. 

Wood Elf (Tah' Tonka)
 Wood Elf (Tah' Tonka)

The Tree Elves (People of The Trees) split from the other Elves during the Great Schism Wars. They are extremely reclusive and rarely leave the Great  Caren Forests. The Wood Elves are the greatest woodsmen in all of Alba, even over the Picts. They are also the greatest archers and very as they have extremely good eyesight. Wood Elves live in harmony with nature and have developed the ability to communicate with the trees and animals by using nature based magic.  

Dark Elves (Vrykolakas) 
Dark Elves (Vrykolakas) 
 The Dark Elves live in Sotesteg or the Darkness Across The Forest. North of the Caren Forest is a land of eternal darkness where the cursed Elves led by Master Cain hail. The Dark Elves where once High Elves but Drav' Ucel, a forefather to Cain, cursed him and his people by tampering with dark arts. Now all but the strongest Dark Elf must stay in the eternell darkness of Sotesteg less the sun turn them to dust. Strongest of all the Elves, they are also masters of Dark Magic.. 

Dwarves (Ukko) 
Dwarves (Ukko) 

The Dwarven territory stretches along the mountain range known as Igum Montis. The Dwarves are the greatest metal smiths in Alba, creating some of the most finest blades and strongest armor known. They have an ancient rivalry with the High Elves that began as an argument over who was the first race and ended in the death of a Dwarven king. Other than the Elves the Dwarvs get on fairly well with most other races, the are loud, jovial and extremely strong for there size. 

Orcs (Ikh Uls) 
Orcs (Ikh Uls) 
 In the Great Eastern Planes live a nomadic race known as the Orcs. Grouping together in war-bands and raiding party's they wage war by riding in massive hordes on the backs of giants wolves, known as Wolvas,  hitting hard and fast then taking the spoils then retreating. Orcs have massive strength and are experts at siege warfare. There biggest weakness is there inability to form a cohesive army between the war-bands. 

The Shambhala 
The Shambhala 
  Between the Lesgens d'Or of the High Elves and the Great Planes of the Orcs lies the deserts of The Shambhala. Suited to the extreme heat and dryness of the deserts The Shambhala are a hardy people. They are constantly fending off Orc raiding party's and have created some great warriors in doing so. Shambhala is led by the Sultan Maghareb. They are highly advanced in the art of Alchemy.  

Goblin (Trog) 
Goblin (Trog) 
 In the unexplored regions of the dark caves of Gormtrog live the Goblins. They are extremely vicious and will attack almost anything that moves except some Orc war-bands who they have allied with. Deep in the caverns of Gormtog there is said to be the Goblin King, a great sorcerer.    
Draconian 
Draconian 
   There have been tales that across the western oceans there are humid jungles and in them live a race of lizard men that ride on the backs of giant reptiles. They build huge pyramid structure's and make sacrifices to the Old Gods. Whether or not these story's are true remain to be scene. 

So yea that's the main races of Alba, there will be your other "lesser" races to be found but these are the Big 11. The series probably wont start till dec some time but I thought I'd give every one a cool preview. 
KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KisserNe

LOVE IT! I am already hooked and it makes me wish I came up with it! Lol

I can not wait for December to roll around and I truly hope you do get it out. This is so wonderful and exciting! Like, yes!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

This looks to be a very fascinating fantasy story indeed. I certainly can't wait to read this. Liked the introduction and using other media images to indicate the characters from a fantasy setting. Nice!

By the way, the Descent was one of my favorite scary movies. :P