#1 Edited by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Super, Part 1

"Oh..." he woke up, dizzy "What?"

He saw himself in a huge crater.

"What?" he asked himself.

He was just a Kryptonian baby, sent to Earth as his planet ended.

His name was Kal-El, he was the son of Jor-El and his wife, Jarr-El.

"Wh-where am I?" He was dizzy.

On his way to Earth, the baby was effected by the yellow sun. He aged rapidly, waking up on Earth a middle-aged man.

He tried to remember his past, but couldn't. Remembering, or at least trying to remember, he only got a terrible, sense-shattering headache.

He looked up and saw a farmer.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I... cant remember" answered Kal.

"Here" said the farmer, helping Kal up "My names John Kent. I'm a farmer."

"Thank you" said Kal

"You look like you need more help" said John "You can live with us, come on."

In the home, Kal put on some clothes, and went down stairs.

"So" he said "Your an... alien, huh?"

"No" answered Kal "What?"

"I saw the whole thing" said John "The rocket crashed in the field, making a crater. Me and the dog went to see what it was, and saw a passed out man... you. You were... were... red. Your skin. Then, before you woke, you turned normal."

"I... beg your pardon?" said Kal, eating his food.

"You got amnesia from the impact I guess" said John "But, dont worry, I can keep a secret. Just... try not to turn red any more, 'kay?"

Kal smiled.

"So, you need a name" said John "You look like a... Clark. Can I call you Clark?"

"How'd you think of the name?" asked Kal... or Clark.

"I had a son named Clark. He went to war.. and never came back. It was just me" said John

"What about Clark's mom?" asked, well, Clark.

"She died" said John, trying to hold in his tears "Heart attack."

"Sad..." said Clark, petting the dog "Whats the dogs name?"

"I just found him recently" said John "He was a stray..."

"Oh" said Clark "You do like bringing people in need into your home"

John chuckled.

"How about this" said John, walking outside "You get to name him, and I'll go outside to clean up whats left of the rocket and think of an explanation for how you got in here"

"Hmmm" Clark, clearing his mind, suddenly pictured a huge explosion in his head, out of nowhere.

He felt a sort of... shock go down his spine.

Suddenly, he just gasped, and mumbled the words "Krypto..."

Suddenly, the dog starting wagging his tail.

"Huh? Oh, you like that name, huh?" asked Clark "Okay then, Krypto"

That day, Clark went out to find a job, and was all out of ideas. All that was left was...

"The Daily Planet" said Clark, walking into the lobby.

"Can I help you?" asked the lady at the front desk.

Clark read her name-tag and said "Yes, Mrs. Waller. I'm here for the job opening."

"Oh, come right this way" said the lady, bringing him over to Perry White's office.

"Resume?" asked Perry, flipping through a bunch of papers.

Clark gave him his "resume", filled with lies.

"Listen, kid, I dont have time for-WHOA!" Perry took a look at Clarks fake resume "Your in! You've had plenty of experience! Gotham Gazette? Your WAAAAY in!!!"

Clark smiled.

That night, John was out at the grocery store, and when Clark came home, he found the house being robbed.

"Hey!" he yelled "Get out!"

The burglars exchanged glances, then one went over with a crowbar, and hit Clark in the head. To the burglars surprise, the crowbar broke!

Clark looked at the burglar, then turned to his natural, red form.

"AAAARGH! What the hecks happening to me?!" It started raining, lightning crackling like crazy.

"Whoa..." one burglar backed away.

Clark stared at the burglar, growling.

"OOOOW!!!" The rain boiled as it hit Clarks red skin.

Clark flew into the air, and charged at the burglars. He picked one up and flew them into the air.

"Okay, okay, we'll leave! I'm sorry!" The burglar begged Clark to stop. "Just let us leave... alive!"

Clark landed on the ground, then put down the burglar.

The burglars ran off as Clark was still growling.

Clark turned around, and saw the burglars. His skin turned even brighter red, his feet burning the very ground he walked on.

The burglars looked back at Clark, and started running faster.

Clark went from walking to running, and eventually caught up with them, and grabbed two of them, pulling them back.

"AAAAH!" The burglars screamed.

Clark through them to the ground, then ran up and caught the rest. He threw them to the ground, then fell down and turned back to normal, as John came home.

"Clark..." said John "What happened?"

Clark looked up at him, and then looked down to the ground.

TO BE CONTINUED...

#2 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of this is good. I had vibes of Avengers with John Kent's and Kal El's first interaction, which I thought was good. I was a bit stunned by the idea of a baby talking too, before you clarified. I wonder; how long has it been since John lost his wife and son? Maybe that scene could have been handled a bit better (he just randomly starts trying to hold in tears but, despite the talk of losing people, there's little buildup. besides, he's very open about it). There's also the deal with the resume; I find it hard to believe that Perry didn't phone up the Gazette and ask them if they ever had a 'Clark' work for them. It's interesting and I'd read more, just those two scenes distracted me (the latter particularly).

#3 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@darth_brendroid said:

Some of this is good. I had vibes of Avengers with John Kent's and Kal El's first interaction, which I thought was good. I was a bit stunned by the idea of a baby talking too, before you clarified. I wonder; how long has it been since John lost his wife and son? Maybe that scene could have been handled a bit better (he just randomly starts trying to hold in tears but, despite the talk of losing people, there's little buildup. besides, he's very open about it). There's also the deal with the resume; I find it hard to believe that Perry didn't phone up the Gazette and ask them if they ever had a 'Clark' work for them. It's interesting and I'd read more, just those two scenes distracted me (the latter particularly).

Glad you liked it. Next time, we'll see him face... THE PARASITE! Dun-dun-duuuun!!!

#4 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else got anything to say?

#5 Posted by TheCannon (17897 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing.

#6 Posted by TheCannon (17897 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#7 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Bump.

#8 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

Listen, kid, I dont have time for-WHOA!" Perry took a look at Clarks fake resume "Your in! You've had plenty of experience! Gotham Gazette? Your WAAAAY in!!!" WHy is your Perry WHite talking like a pre-teen Bieber fan??????

#9 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomdickharry1984 said:

Listen, kid, I dont have time for-WHOA!" Perry took a look at Clarks fake resume "Your in! You've had plenty of experience! Gotham Gazette? Your WAAAAY in!!!" WHy is your Perry WHite talking like a pre-teen Bieber fan??????

What makes that Pro-Biieber to you? Since when is "Whoa" trademarked by JB?

#10 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

I think TDH1984 is just saying that he sounds like an excitable kid rather than seasoned newspaper editor.

#11 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't the whoa! It was 'Your WAAAAY in!!' comment. Isn't Perry WHite 40+ running a newspaper? So why is he talking like he runss the Bieber fan club? Go on read what you wote again, doesn't sound like a newspaper profesional to me, is all