#1 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

A Deal With The Devil Part 1

A dark day in a bright summer...

"Okay, guys, if this is done right, we will all be legends..." Dr. Dayton said to his partners.

Richard Dayton, a genius working on something amazing, Niles Caulder, a crippled millionaire professor, Garfield Logan, an intern at Dayton/Caulder Labs, Larry Trainor, Dayton's best friend, and Rita Farr, Dayton's secretary, were all working on the same thing... a new, clean way to power the world... with a new element called Immortus.

"BEEEP! BEEEP! IMMORTUS IS BEING UNLEASHED! PLEASE STEP BEHIND PROTECTIVE GLASS!" the little bit annoying computer voice warned, as they all stepped back through the automatic door, and as it closed, Immortus is unleashed.

"SWOOOOSH!" The full force of the new element was unleashed.

"If we get this right, Mr. Dayton, Immortus can power the world!" said Garfield.

"Great, Logan, we got it, and we will be legends, you and me" Richard said to Garfield.

"Why do you hang out with this guy?" Rita whispered to Garfield. "He treats you like dirt. He doesn't even call you Garfield!"

"He's the only father figure I have. I live with my mom and my dad got caught in a current and was dragged underwater. He... sigh, I dont wanna talk about it, Rita." Garfield answered.

"BEEP! BEEP! IMMORTUS IS OVERLOADING! BEEP! BEEP! SYSTEM OVERLLLLLLOOOO.........."

"Oh, God, stop it! Shut down Immortus!" Richard told Niles.

"I cant, the lever is shooting sparks everywhere!" yelled Niles.

"Dayton, I told you this was frickin' nuts!" yelled Larry.

"Shut up, were all going to die in a matter of seconds!" yelled Richard. "Somebody, man up and shut it down!"

Garfield, taking this as a chance to be respected by Dayton for a change, sprinted over to the lever and tried to pull it, but an electric charge went straight up through the lever and into his body, and he was shot across the room. He landed on Dayton as blasts of energy started shooting through the lever.

"Oh, God, oh, God, were gonna dAAAAAAH!" A bolt of Immortus itself shot straight into the system and travelled through the lever, then shot over at Larry, fusing him with negative energy.

The entire building caved in and was sucked into the ball of energy, Immortus, and an explosion wiped out everything but Immortus.... which still remained floating in the sky, sucking in pieces of rubble an junk, growing larger, and shooting random bolts of electricity down towards the city.

INSIDE IMMORTUS...

"Oh...." "Ugh..." "Eh..." several moans were the only sounds in the empty void. Dayton, Trainor, Caulder, Logan, Farr.... the only survivors.

Rita tried to stand up but fell to the ground like a piece of rubber, Richards head filled with several thoughts that weren't even his, Garfield was covered in fur and had chicken wings, talons, bat fangs, floppy dog ears, etc., and Larry... Larry was composed of entirely negative energy.

"What the-AAAAAH! Were monsters! Besides, you Caulder. Congrats." Richard was shocked but still managed to do his usual sarcasm.

"Where are we? I'm out of here." Larry tried to walk away but a strange force pulled him back. "What?"

"NOBODY ESCAPES IMMORTUS!" boomed a loud voice.

"Immortus, were in you? And your alive?" Niles asked.

"CORRECT, MORTAL, AND WHAT EVER ENTERS IMMORTUS IS THEN HIS!" the voice told its creators

"I'm a father" said Richard

"Oh, shut up. Your babys trying to keep us as slaves" said Larry "In your head everythings great but in reality..."

"Nothings great, Larry, your father... dead, your mother... dead, your sister... missing since 2009" interrupted Richard

Larry just stared at Richard for a second, then jumped forward and started choking him

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" yelled Larry

"Its like I have telepathic powers now" Larry heard Richards voice in his head

"Get outta my head!" yelled Larry

"I cant help it, all these thoughts, everybodys thoughts, memories, emotions, all racing through my head... it... AAAUGH!" Immortus sent a shockwave through Richard

"SILENCE! YOU MUST ALL WORK FOR IMMORTUS! EVERYTHING MUST BE PERFECT!" The voice boomed even louder.

"Over our dead bodies!" yelled Larry "We have powers, now, lets do somethin' with e'm!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

#2 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone?

#3 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not familiar with Doom Patrol, but this seems interesting. Immortus seems to like chewing the scenery.

#4 Posted by TheCannon (17916 posts) - - Show Bio

@darth_brendroid said:

I'm not familiar with Doom Patrol, but this seems interesting.

This. Pretty good though.