Punisher: Dog Days #0

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

"I chose not to wear a mask because masks are symbol of fear. A symbol of oppression. A symbol of cowardice. I chose not to wear a mask because I am not afraid or oppressed and have no desire to ever be. This is my face.... It's black and gritty and reveals everything that I am and every intention that I have without fear or discretion. It's an open book if you will and if you are reading it's sacred texts then your time is nearly up. For I am death and with me Hell follows close after. But don't get too comfortable down there. As soon as my job up here is finished I'll join you soon after and dance with you forever in the flames for all eternity because not even in Hell will you be free from my presence. If you are watching this then there is a possibility.. No. Not a possibility. A possibility would mean that there would be a chance that you were somehow free from my judgement. Let me correct that.... If you are watching this then you are as good as dead. I am coming for you... all of you.

I served this country because I believed in an idea. An idea that without men like me, darkness would overshadow the world and snuff out what little light we had left as a nation.. as a people. I see now that I was wrong. If there was such a light that ever existed, it's already gone and has been for quite some time. I don't want your money or your forgiveness. I don't want to save the world or anyone in it. My job here is to punish you, painfully, mercilessly and effortlessly. This is my role and I except that now. Maybe after i'm done fulfilling that role someone else can pick up the pieces and build something better.... something brighter. Maybe... But to tell you the truth it doesn't really matter.

Either way, i'm coming for you. Shield, Fury, The Avengers. One by one you will topple. One by one you will feel the pain that I have felt. This is not a threat or a warning... It's a reminder. I'm reminding you this so that maybe you can get the chance to tell your loved ones one last and final goodbye. To tell them you love them one last and final time.... Something I never got the chance to do. I'm reminding you for that one single reason. Justice would be to take them out as well... right in front of your very eyes. Lucky for you i'm not looking for justice. You killed my whole family. You thought you killed me. Vengeance is not a valid motive. This is not revenge. It's Punishment."

Nick Fury stood with his arms crossed in the center of the crowded SHIELD observation room. The giant monitors flickered back to life while the red flashing alarms remained still.

"I.T says we're back online." Shouted Agent Hill while she grasped the small headset against her left ear. Her fingers danced rapidly along her keyboard in a frantic rush.

"Tell them, I want to know how one single man hacked into one of the most advanced and complex military security systems in all of the world." Fury slammed his fists against the table, his eyes still fixed on the blinking SHIELD symbol. "Then terminate and replace them." He finished.

"Of course, but what would you like us to do about HIM, sir? I tracked Castillo's location and I can have a strike team there in less than an hour." Her fingers hesitated.

"No. He wants to have some fun. Let's give it to him." Fury's gaze left the monitors and found it's way to Agent Hill. A slow awkward smile formed on his face as he patiently made his way back to his seat of command.

"Activate the Parker Project. It's about time we moved onward from the Beta stage anyways."

"S-Sure thing sir." She replied uneasily.

"A great man once said that `a man that has nothing left to die for is a man who isn't fit to live`. I believe the opposite to be true. I believe that a man that has nothing left to lose is a man who isn't fit for death."

"What are you doing here Frank?" Mumbled Charlie Schitti, his eyes full of fear.

"Isn't it obvious Mr. Schitti? I'm here to kill you because of what you did to me." Whispered Frank as he placed the lit Cuban cigar in his mouth and blew smoke directly in Charlie's face.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about Frank." He responded passively while his eyes studied the dark alleyway from both ends.

"Don't worry. We won't be bothered here...." Frank grabbed hold of Charlie's jacket and pinned him tightly against the nearest wall. "I want to know how a guy goes from pathetic junkie police rat to one of the most feared drug dealers in all of New York. We've been buddies you and me since we were in diapers. Me and Maria have been nothing but good to you. We trusted you! I want to know why, Goddammit!" Frank's grasp tightened as he screamed in anger.

"You want to know why?! Look at me Frank!" Screamed Charlie as tears began to build up in his eyes.

"You said it yourself. I'm pathetic. I deserve anything and everything you throw my way, Frank." He lowered his head in shame. "I just want you to know that I didn't know...T-That they were going to go that far. I didn't think that they would do that to Maria and the kids. I didn't know..." Cried Charlie.

"That's right. You didn't think...." Frank shook his head in disgust.

All you cared about was that large suitcase of cash and goodies that you got in return for ratting me out. Nothing else mattered. Nothing else crossed your mind." Frank released his hold. He studied his old friend for a short period of time before pulling out his large 1911 .45 Handgun. He pushed it hard against Charlie's head and sighed heavily.

"Was it worth it, Charlie?" Gloomily asked Frank.

"Every. Last. Penny." Charlie smiled.

The loud gunshot echoed throughout the alley as Charlie's body fell limp.

"Good...."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I chose not to wear a mask because I am not afraid or oppressed and have no desire to ever be. This is my face....

That is a perfect summation of Frank Castle, nice work!

My only criticism was Frank doing the whole cigar/smoke blowing routine like a cheap villain, didn't really work for me.

But overall this is really good stuff!

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@batkevin74: Thanks for the feedback and criticism dude!

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Time_Phantom

I saw the wall of text in the beginning and sighed as I read. But then you did something I thought was going to be hard. You pulled me in. That was Frank all over the place! Great job. I'm guessing this is a different Marvel U you're establishing?

Looking forward for more. Post soon.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Time_Phantom

@Time_Phantom said:

I saw the wall of text in the beginning and sighed as I read. But then you did something I thought was going to be hard. You pulled me in. That was Frank all over the place! Great job. I'm guessing this is a different Marvel U you're establishing?

Bump.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Time_Phantom said:

@Time_Phantom said:

Bump.

Sorry about the wall of text buddy. Also, thanks for the feedback i'm glad you liked the story! And yes, this is my own established Marvel Universe. Next up we'll have the Parker Project VS Punisher! Will be up soon :)

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Prety darn cool man