Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Thank you for clicking on my Story! Please be mindful that this is my first run through, and any feed back is appreciated and welcome.

I do not own the right's to the character Alex Mercer of the Prototype franchise, nor do I own the right's to Scorpion of the Mortal Kombat franchise.

With out further adieu...

Scorpion vs Mercer (rated T+)

“I have found him…he thought he could hide. He is NOT a warrior…”

Scorpion had been tracking his prey for some time now, it had taken the form of an innocent, but this ninja cannot be fooled. Stepping off the 10 story building from which he spied, Scorpion entered the open air in a free fall to the ground below. Moments before impact, the Scorpion seemingly shift out, and then back into our reality. With a discernable thud, he shook the ground upon touch down. The concrete split beneath him.

By standers who saw the impossible feet, fled for their lives in all directions. Chaos ensued as Scorpion recovered from his landing and began making his way towards his victim. “The monster will die this day,” he began, “for nothing can stand against the sting of the Scorpion.”

A seemingly innocent man, he stood there petrified in the gaze of the yellow clad warrior. The monster Scorpion was referring to had taken the form of this unassuming figure, but now the guise was no longer needed. Dropping the charade, Mercer appeared. Like the shedding of snake skin, the form of the innocent fell from his body. The man was transformed in to the virus, the Mercer, the bringer of death.

His walk became a jog. His jog became a run. Drawing his blade, Scorpion was now in an undead sprint towards his opponent who stood in stillness, unafraid of the incoming onslaught. Leaping into the air, Scorpion attacked, his foot extending into the face of Mercer. The few on lookers who hadn’t fled gawked at the ensuing bout. In the heart stopping moment where foot met face, they could feel the impact through the air even at the 50 foot distance where they hid.

Mercer took the blow, his face reeling back from the hit. Scorpion leapt from his face and entered into a flurry of attacks punching and kicking his opponent at will. Mercer tried to dodge and counter his attacks, but the warrior was to fast and was seemingly one step ahead. In a furious display of power, Mercer stepped back, finally dodging the ninja’s assault. His foot now 2 inches into the concrete, Mercer dug in, and unloaded a punch on Scorpion that sent him flying back in to the abandoned cars 50 feet away.

The innocent who hid behind the car was sent flying from Scorpion’s impact. More screams could be heard in the distance.

The ninja rose from his coffin of glass and metal. His body felt no injury, nor was it unable to still function, as he dug the impaled rod from his exposed thigh, casting it aside. Mercer’s blow was surprisingly strong, but strength alone will not stop him.

Mercer looked on as the yellow warrior detached himself from the now wrecked car. Scorpion’s attacks served as little more that a nuisance to Mercer, who now was ready to let loose on this would be assassin. Readying himself, Mercer jumped and glided through the air with a deafening silence.

The metal rod still clanging on the ground, Scorpion raised his gaze to meet Mercer’s as the monster headed directly for him. In a split second, Mercer was upon the ninja, but in that split second, the ninja was gone. Mercer hit the car and a massive explosion erupted from it sending shrapnel in all directions. Mercer recovered from the explosive dive with an unnatural resilience just as the ninja reappeared above him; he was upon Mercer once again.

Scorpion’s attack this time was more calculated than before. No longer just attacking the monster with reckless abandonment, he read Mercer’s body language and anticipated his every move. Each sword swipe dug and cut away flesh. The dirty concrete became transformed into bloody, flesh ridding concrete in a matter of moments. Mercer was being driven back.

Mercer’s arms took the form of 2 four-foot blades as he swung and slashed at his attacker, but each slash was to no avail. The warrior was like a wrath, and each of Mercer’s killing blows seemingly passed right through him. Finally the assassin dug his foot into Mercer’s face once again, and leaping off straight up into the air, ascending to a height of 30 feet.

Annoyed at the warrior’s attacks, Mercer recovered from his reeling state, and reached up to grab the ninja. His arm transforming from blade to living tendril, Mercer would have this warrior, and kill him for his transgressions.

As if on queue, Scorpion redrew his sword readying for the incoming attack. The tendril was close and his inevitable impaling was at had. The tendril made contact. Mercer could feel the soft tissue. But just as before, the ninja was gone leaving mercer grasping at open air.

The ninja reappeared this time 20 feet way. Still in the air, the yellow warrior landed on Mercer’s tentacle and race towards his prize. In and out of reality Scorpion’s decent hastened until his sword met with mercer’s face.

The ground shook again as Scorpion's sword impaled the monster's face and drove the back of his head in to the now cratered concrete road. Stillness and silence covered the once bustling city street. Mercer’s tentacle hit the ground like a dead 30 foot snake. Pleased with his work, Scorpion stood and withdrew his sword. With a swift downward slash, all the blood and brain matter flew off the sword and on to the broken ground. Scorpion sheathed his sword.

“The deed is done. Now to collect my reward…”

Scorpion had turned and taken 3 steps when the 30 foot snake slithered and convulsed. He froze, and then turned. Mercer was standing in the small crater, Scorpion watched as the monster’s face mended itself back to its pre-impaled state. This fight was far from over.

Drawing his sword once again, Scorpion readied himself of his next assault just as a tentacle erupted from the earth and ensnared him.

“I welcome death, but it never comes…”

In a flash Mercer was on the ninja.

Mercer punched through the tentacle and into his helpless victim. he withdrew his bloody hand from the un-dead warrior. The damaged tentacle shook, and popped, and Scorpion’s body simply fell to the ground. At the mercy of the monster, Scorpion could do nothing as he was punted into the air, sent careening in through the 6 story window of the bank down the block.

Scorpion landed in a broken heap. After a moment of nothingness he stirred, and slowly, and unsurely, rose to his feet. Exposed bone and flesh protruded from his body. His face, his legs, his chest all were torn and broken from the fall and the monsters blows. He could barely move. Within moments the building shook again as Mercer was now standing at the mouth of the NEW window.

Slowed, but far from done, Scorpion moved to attack, but Mercer moved faster. At will, the monster sliced and slash the un-dead ninja. Scorpion was using all his strength just to avoid the death blows, but he was still receiving to many of Mercer’s glancing kill shots. Had he been a living warrior, this fight would have been over long ago.

Flesh and bone splintered from his body as Mercer was enjoying his kill. The death blow coming, Scorpion mustered his strength and in a flash phased through the attack. Reappearing a few feet to Mercer’s side, in the mouth on the new window, Scorpion raised his hand and a rift appeared outside of the bank. Preparing himself to enter through the portal, Mercer rushed him, tackling out the gaping hole in the building.

The 2 fighters momentarily hung in space as they entered through the portal, upon entering, it quickly shut behind them.

Blackness. Mercer was falling but like never before. While he could feel his momentum increasing, it felt like he was falling in all directions! In the darkness, a light could be faintly made out. Moment after moment, the darkness faded until he could see the ground rushing towards him.

He was in a cavern of some sort, and the air was saturated with a sulfurous stench. Before him he could see a sea of lava, flowing and churning, with rock islands littered about. Stone spires jutted from the sea like monuments to this hellish place. From so high up he spotted and suitable landing area, so Mercer glided over to it and set down with a ground shaking rumble.

“Where am I?”

Taking in his surroundings, Mercer saw movement near one of the stone spires. Honing in, he could make out a figure next to it…no on it!

It was a person and it was impaled and attached to the stone spike. Flailing and screaming, the body was in pain. More and more screams could be heard and the cavern seemed to come alive with pain. Near the shore of his island stronghold, the lava began to boil.

A single hand emerged from the heated liquid, and then an arm exposed itself. Slowly, by steadily, the being was now only half submerged in his liquid tomb. Slowly Mercer stepped back. It was not fear that compelled him, Mercer needed to assess his current situation and be ready for anything.

“Where is the assassin,” he thought, just as he hind leg was grabbed by an unseen assailant. Mercer turned to see another body emerging from the heat. He easily over powered the creature and crushed its skull beneath his boot heel. More and more of these bodies emerged from the lava, and slowly they all made their way toward the fresh flesh. Surrounded and with now where to run, Mercer was ready to kill them all.

“He is mine!” a voice said. "He will feel ALL of my RAGE!"

As slowly as they appeared, so too did they recede, back into their apparent homes. Scorpion arose from his reddish Lazarus pit, walking upon the top of the liquid toward his victim…

“Your death means my families life. Leaving this place is impossible. You are in my hell now.”

Again his walk became a jog, then a run. Scorpion had been rejuvenated, no, his strength had doubled and was as still increasing.

Mercer took his stance and stood ready for any of the ninja’s tricks, but still he was no match for the speed of this undead warrior. From 30 paces out, the ninja vanished, and in that moment mercer felt the searing pain of a knife in his spine. With all he could muster, Mercer spun and hit the ninja away and up into the air.

“Get Over Here!” Scorpion yelled, as with his momentum, coupled with his strength, he pulled Mercer in to the air with him only to punch back down to the ground furious display of strength. Phasing out of, then back into, reality, Scorpion stood 50 feet away as the dust settled and Mercer stood, the hole still in his back seemingly on fire.

“This is only the beginning of your torment. I AM YOUR DEATH!”

Mercer’s body wasn’t regenerating like normal. By now the pain should have subsided. Something was wrong…deathly wrong. He had to think quick or this could be his end. The movement from one of the bodies on a spire caught his eye.

“It is my only choice.”

Mercer summoned a tentacle from his arm and it reached out and snatched the undead body from the lone spire 30 feet away. Bringing it to him, Mercer and the body collided in a hellish display of savagery. The 2 bodies intertwined and Mercer took the flesh into him. This act caused a swell of activity as the obedient lava dwellers awaked from their slumber in reaction of the new event that was taking place.

One by one they appeared, and one by one Mercer snatched them from the pit. 10. 20. 30 bodies were devoured. The Mercer was no more. In its place was a monstrosity of living, undead flesh that stood before Scorpion, a look of contempt and hatred in it's hellish eyes. It roared in agony and pain. Echoes bounced around the cavern walls in response to the monster’s challenge.

Scorpion stood in silence, before shifting into a ready stance. Fire seemed to engulf him, it was so intense that it seemed to threaten to burn away his very existence. The ground shook and the Lave behind him swelled and bubbled until its surface broke and the top of an huge exposed human skull appeared. It rose and rose until it was clear of the pit and positioned itself directly behind scorpion. The stage was set for their final conflict.

Only one could survive...

Monster Mercer made the first move. With another deafening roar he stomped toward the fiery warrior with the intent to crush everything it its path. Scorpion still stood silent but the blaze about him only intensified. With a brilliant flash, the eyes of the overgrown skull behind Scorpion were set on fire, and its mouth fell open as a fire stirred there as well.

Monster Mercer continued his rampage towards the undead ninja, transforming his arm into a huge blade in the process. As he closed in on Scorpion, the skull let loose a wall of flame that drowned both the fighters within it. Scorpion, now impaled on Mercer’s blade arm, grabbed hold of the monster and simply laughed as the fire consumed them both…

“Ahhh! he screamed.” The voices were loud and all consuming. “So much hatred and evil,” he thought audibly.

Mercer’s mind had been tormented by all the lives he had taken and assimilated since he had received his powers. Like an unending nightmare, his life was a constant reminder of what he had become. But this was different. Mercer’s mind was now filled with new memories and voices, and they weren’t in the faint background of his subconscious.

All the voices inside of Mercer were beginning to rise and fight for control. All the hellish bodies he’d consumed were seemingly filled with memories of torment and death. Killers and demons were inside of his head now, and were assaulting him from all sides. Punching and kicking, he was fighting for his life, no...Mercer was indeed fighting for control of his very soul.

In an instant the screams subsided, just like before at the lave lake. “He comes,” whispered a voice. “His rage is all consuming.”

The darkened walls of Mercer’s psyche were heating up and began to burn. The dark, intangible boundaries of his mind glowed with an eerie reddish-orange hue, as the flames of oblivion tore its' way through. Mercer's mind became chaos as all the voice became panicked and desperate to save themselves from impending doom.

“Scorpion,” Mercer surprisingly said to himself. Somehow he now knew his would-be assassin’s name. The walls were all ablaze and death was all encompassing. Mercer was on the receiving end of a loosing battle…

“Oblivion is YOURS! Your death is MINE! I will have my reward!

Mercer welcomed death, in many ways he longed for it. In his travels around the globe he had witnessed many atrocities and wished he could bring an end to it all. Maybe this was the only way to have peace. His death could bring solace and stillness to his mind and spirit. But in this moment, Mercer felt no peace, no solace. Scorpion’s rage was all consuming and threatened to infect him with its unyielding pain.

“If I am to die, it will be on my own terms, NOT YOURS DEMON!”

Gathering his strength, Mercer thought about the good he had done by eradicating those who threatened the people he was trying to avenge and protect. Though humanity was in many respects not worth saving, someone still needed to fight; someone still needed to protect.

Why not him?

The tangle of bodies stood as silent as statues. Scorpion’s skull of flame had sunk back into the lava sea as now only the blaze about the statues breathed. Monster Mercer’s flaky husk held up Scorpion’s torched body, while both were still being consumed by the unyielding flame. Charred bone and flesh melted off the 2 warriors as the ash and sulfurous smell filled the air.

Boom!

The cavern shook as a figure broke from the hardened husk of monster Mercer. It landed 30 feet away on one knee breathing heavily and consumed by fire. Mercer stood straight, in defiance of his pain and suffering, just as he turned his flaming figure to face the heap of burning flesh. He watched as it collapsed in on itself. While charred bone exploded in embers as they hit the ground floor, and burnt ash drifted high in the air carried by the heated breeze.

Scorpion’s figure was slowly becoming visible through the burning carnage as it dissipated around him. His mask removed, exposing a human skull ablaze in hatred, Inferno Scorpion stood ready to kill.

Just as Scorpion stepped from the rubble…

“This fight is over Specter. I am leaving this place, and you’d do well not to follow.” Still on fire, covered by Scorpion’s rage, Mercer waved one hand in the air, and behind him formed a pool of reddish energy.

Continuing towards Mercer, Scorpion spoke, “You cannot ESCAPE! FIGHT ME COWARD!”

“You are the coward Scorpion,” Mercer retorted. Scorpion froze in his tracks. “Yes, I know who you are and I know what you’ve done. My death cannot give you peace, and nor will it bring back your family. Until my mission is complete, I will not, and cannot succumb to death. Humpf,“ Mercer chuckled to himself, “maybe after I’m done I let you kill me. Until then…if I see you again, your death will be assured.”

With that, the flames around Mercer began to subside as he walked through the portal home. Scorpion stood silent still consumed by his rage.

“Until we meet again…Warrior…”

GhoulMine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GhoulMine1

Cool story bro

I didn't notice a fan-fic page so yeah....I might make one cuz I've had one in mind for some time now.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@GhoulMine1: Thanks for reading man. send me a link if you do, I'll check it out.

GhoulMine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GhoulMine1

@onilordasmodeus: I'm done with it.

Here's the link:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/prototype2mercer-vs-mercer/671944/

OpCharybdis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy fuck...

WHY CAN'T WE PLAY AS THAT MERCER!!!

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome!

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Hey. I just read through this again after so long, and though it has a few typos and such, I had as much fun reading it again after so long, as when I wrote it way back when. I'm thinking of freshening it up a but, or just doing something new.

Any suggestions?

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: I'm clapping for you man. I'm happy with the story. It's amazing. I just have to point out a few....minor...mistakes on the characters...I'm being nitt picky here but still.

Scorpion's strength rises when he's in the Netherealm. With no limit. It doesn't double.

And the fact that Mercer is a virus means that he doesn't have a soul. Because the real ALEX Mercer died and the virus took over Mercer's Body and completely changing it only to biomass. He's just an ever evolving virus within cells and cells and cells and cells.

And the fact that when he consumes people he stores each memory from his victim within a cell. Like There's a file named John Davis and it has stuff about Don Davis inside.

He's also not hunted by any sort of emotion or memories from his past. Not anymore. Not until he turned evil.

Just a few minor nit picks. But Srlsy.. cool story bro.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: Thanks man! I had a lot of fun writing the story. When I learned about Alex Mercer and just got the little bit of info that I did (I've never played the games), I was just inspired, and that is what came out. I wrote it in like 2 days.

Oh, and to address your comments, the "double in strength" thing, I thought I covered my ass when I also said "and it was still increasing", but I guess I didn't get that point across strong enough.

Also, as I said above, I never played the games, so I was going of what people were telling me and the wiki. But yeah, I never knew that the Mercer was such an interesting character, with such an interesting power set, and so when I got the little bit of info that I got, I just hit the ground running.

But again, thanks for the read, and thanks for the feedback! I get a ton of enjoyment just knowing that other people read my stuff! Let alone feel inspired to give me feedback.