Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 91- Attack of the U-Men, Part 4

I was still trapped in the room of darkness. It seemed time as passed away in the outside world. But I didn’t know how much time it has been. As I woke up to see the room, it was pitch-black and yet you still can’t see anythin’. I can still feel the wires being punctured into my body. The blood was flowin’ through some kinda tube even though I can’t see what’s happenin’ here. The struggle became so hard that I can’t even move away from these hard wires. While I tried to move, a series of footsteps came rattlin’ over the floor as if someone stood in the room for a long time. Then a flash of half light hit on me, includin’ the floor. A figure just came out of the darkness and revealed his true appearance. But it wasn’t William Stryker though. Due to my super-smell, I could tell the man was Roland, the leader of the U-Men.

“You must be….Roland,” I said slowly.

“Yes, Logan. I figured you would come here.”

“D@mn you. Where is Stryker?”

Ronald showed a slight grin from his lips. He walked around the half-light and stared down the smooth floor. He then came closer towards me, still smilin’.

“Hmm! I suppose you should figure it out. But on the contrary, he’s not here.”

“What?”

Roland lifted his evil grin away as he continued his soft English accent.

“You see, Logan. I have plans to eliminate mutantkind once and for all.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Why? You’re a piece of f*cking animal, Logan. I heard wild stories about you. Not to mention how Stryker made you to become the best mutant there is.”

“Yea….he made me alright. But that doesn’t mean you should care about it. He only cares about his own d@mn safety.”

“I see your point, Logan. But Stryker and I share the same values and interests in the mutant agenda. Because we believe that mutants are dangerous to humanity. That’s why we needed to make some counter-measures in order to stop the mutants.”

It made sense alright. Roland had one goal in his mind. He formed a group of U-Men so that they could destroy the mutants themselves. But they had to gain certain new abilities by harvestin’ the mutant organs. I guess that’s how the process works.

“You seemed to know more about us, Logan. I have to guess that Pete Wisdom told you about me.”

“That’s right, bub. So what?”

“Tell me….Logan. How is he?”

“Why do you care? You hate mutants. Right?”

“That’s true. I only needed to know how he’s doing these days. I’m also surprised that you manage to kill two of my best U-Men. Such an animal you have become.”

“You could have done better than that, Roland. I know you hit me with that d@mn red bullet.”

“I see you’re already aware of carbonadium. Then you must know why you’ve been captured.”

“Let me guess….You’re goin’ to harvest my organs. Is that it?”

“Ha! Ha! Ha! Yes. You’re quite right. However, we’re going to turn the cards around. The U-Men will become much more powerful once they gain your healin’ factor.”

I knew why I was captured in the first place. Ever since a single red bullet just got shot right through my chest. I was still alive though. But the pain was still there, reachin’ all over my body.

“What about the virus, Roland?”

Roland turned around facin’ the darkness. He gradually placed his hands on the back and near the top of his black pant. He looked back at me and continued speakin’.

“Yes….the Sublime virus. You were trying to destroy it. Weren’t you? Ha! You will not have a chance, Logan. I had this idea of the virus in the first place. The whole point is to gain access to the Cerebro main computer system.”

“Heh! You’re a smart man, Roland. But I have something that could destroy the virus.”

“You mean this.”

Roland held out a card which he must have taken it out from my sleeve after passin’ out. The card contained an anti-virus which meant to counterattack the Sublime virus inside the mainframe. I neva thought that Roland had played his own game.

“I have to say it’s a close call, Logan. But a human will always manage to outsmart a mutant. Computer….LIGHTS ON!”

The half of the other lights turned on automatically around the room. The room turned out to be a secret laboratory. I noticed there were four large test tubes which stood across each other. Inside of the tubes, there were four people sleepin’. These people must be the other U-Men. What a piece of $h!t!

“Have you seen it, Logan? The U-Men are about to become….UNSTOPPABLE! WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF HUMANITY!”

As Roland shouted in glory, a single blast came through the wall like an earthquake. Roland took cover when all the wall pieces fell over the floor. I tried to see what’s goin’ on here. But the smoke covered my animal eyes. A black figure just came out of the broken wall. He had a white circle on the center of his chest. The round circular shapes were seen placed on the top of his head. The circular shape looked like a chemical molecule right from a science class. The figure stared at me for a while and spoke.

“Logan, I’ve come here to save you. Don’t be alarmed.”

“Who….Who are ya?”

The black figure didn’t say a thing and his eyes were concentrated on the test tubes. He produced some kinda energy blast and flung it against the tubes. The tubes smashed just like the broken wall. When Roland had seen this, he was outraged and cried out in anger.

“NO! YOU F*CKING MUTIE!”

The black figure didn’t listen to Roland after he destroyed the sleepin’ U-Men. He pointed his finger towards me. A few seconds later, a small energy blast flew from one of his fingertips. The blast just cut through the wires, which released me. I fell down to the floor, lookin’ towards Roland. I managed to remove the red bullet right from the chest with one of my adamantium claws. I suddenly ran against him. Roland looked back until my claws came piercin’ through his chest. Just like what I did to John Kestrel back in Morocco.

“AHHHHH!” Roland screamed as he stared at me with frustration and anger. He tried to move away from my claws, thinkin’ he could do somethin’ in order to save himself. But he had no chance to prove it though. The black figure noticed that I’m still givin’ him pain. Yet, he wouldn’t even tell me his name. I still stared at Roland's face and asked the same question one more time.

“Where is Stryker?”

“I….wouldn't….tell a mutie….like you…..Uhhhh…..”

Roland's eyes were closed and I dropped him on the floor. I came towards the black figure, tryin’ to figure out the real situation here.

“Who are you workin’ with?”

“Now’s not the time, Logan. I know you have some questions for me. But….”

“Wait….Did Pete Wisdom send you?”

The black figure kept silent and smiled for a bit. He said, “No. But you will know in time. Right now, we’ll have to destroy the virus before it’s too late.”

I stood there, wonderin’ who the guy was. He went outside the broken wall. I took the card back from the dead Roland's hand and followed the black figure. Whoever the person who just save me, was a mutant. There was no doubt about it. I had to concentrate on the mission without askin’ any further questions to the strange mutant. When we reached the main computer, I inserted the card into the panel. Even though there wasn't enough power to turn on the computer, the card will automatically detect the virus offline and destroy it completely. I looked at my watch, seein’ that the time was up. I took the card out from the panel and went forward to the back entrance of the U-Men base. This time, the black figure followed me. As we went outside further away from the U-Men base, an explosion occurred. The piles and pieces went flyin’ all over the ground, somewhere in the sky until it dropped in a different place. It was a moment of surprise that the black figure must have detonated the bomb inside the base. Because I neva planned to detonate before I came to the U-Men Central. I asked the black figure regardin’ his name. As he walked slowly, he only said this.

“Call me….Havok.”

3 days later….Department H.

I stood outside, watchin’ the scenery for a while. It’s been a tough mission that I had to endure. Pete was glad that the mission finished even though it became risky. My organs were nearly taken by the U-Men, includin’ Roland himself. Now that he’s dead. The U-Men were no more and the experiments just got banded by the government. But the main base is still active in Connecticut even though the government planned to do somethin’ about it. I walked by the pond where Charles Xavier fed some food to the fish. He seemed happy that the U-Men will not hurt the mutants any more. I walked in front of Xavier while still sittin’ on his wheelchair. He took a quick glance at me and spoke softly.

“Logan….I see you have met Havok.”

“Yea….he told me his name.”

“I know you had to ask. He’s part of the X-Men.”

“I see. But why did you send him?”

He looked over the pond and threw the fish food over it.

“Because I thought you might needed some help. “

“Why him?”

“Let’s just say that every mutant has certain qualities to a mission. I picked the best person who could do the mission for me. On the other hand, the rest of the X-Men becomes very busy these days. “

“I don’t get it. If the X-Men were too busy, how come Havok had free time?” I asked.

“You’re full of questions, Logan. Yet, you haven’t learned anything about the previous mission.”

“I don’t care about the mission, Charles. I just need to know where that d@mn Stryker is.”

“Logan. Do not let the beast overcome you. You do know what I’m talking about.”

Charles was right about it. He did tell me one thing that was inside of me. I had not known that the beast would become a part of me ever since I was born. It’s just that I may not able to prevent my animal self from attackin’ innocent people. I decided to ignore the fact and asked him about Pete Wisdom.

“Did you ever know about Pete’s past?”

“No. It wasn't right for me to access someone’s mind without permission. Why do you ask?”

I pondered my thoughts for a while and stared at my reflection in the pond. Sometimes, I wonder if the past was takin’ heavy toll on me.

“I thought it would be important to know. Sometimes, you have to trust someone whom ya work with.”

“I see. Well….in that case, I need you do one last thing for me before I leave Canada. But this is not a mission or it’s about Stryker.”

“What is it about?”

Charles threw the last pieces of food to the pond and became quiet. He spoke in a few seconds.

It’s about….Sarah.

To be continued inProject X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 92- Marrow.

Sarah? Why? Now that the U-Men story arc is over, what will happen in the next chapter of Wolverine? Find out as Logan is going to question Sarah’s dark past. Yea, that’s right. I’m full of questions, bub. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

Edited.