Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 84- Mind Freak

Aldo Ferro. Also known as the mind-altering mutant, Psi-Borg. A powerful psychic who could alter the perceptions of anyone's mind. He could also alter the memories. Ever since he was part of the Project X, he wanted to gain the healin' factor which was artifically given to the crazy Deadpool and Agent Zero. However, the healin' factor went horribly wrong and he aged every single day. It seemed that the artificial healin' factor had a side effect. Due to the effect, Psi-Borg couldn't breathe properly. So he decided to have cybernetic enhancements attached to his entire body and face. He may have looked fully like a machine. But there was a man inside of it. Now, that Psi-Borg's body was gone. He managed to keep his brain into the circular hub. It was a dead surprise which I have neva seen it comin' though.

At one time, Psi-Borg told me that he had to use the Romulus Formula to unleash his latent mutant power. The mutant power to psionically control the human mind. Even changin' the human mind so that the person wouldn't know he or she is aware of a good life. I thought Psi-Borg was dead and killed by the strange Great Beast who has givin' me terrible visions. But Psi-Borg turned out to be alive and well. He sure did play a wild card against me. I wasn't happy to hear about it. At least the good thing is that Aldo Ferro didn't exist any more. Or that his cybernetic body became malfunctioned. He had to devise a way to keep his brain intact into the next level. That was the part of his plan in order to carry out his deadly work.

"So...." I said in a slow tone. "You're just some f*ckin' brain encased inside a ball?"

"Yes, Logan. I was aware that my mechanical body wouldn't work in time. So I had to do the unthinkable."

"What's the deal with the kids?"

Psi-Borg remained quiet because I could notice the yellow lights weren't flashin' from some rounded bulb. It's strange that I was actually talkin' to a ball who could speak telepathically with me. I ain't sure if he was speakin' that way. It ain't even matter now. I had to think of somethin' to get the mechanical psychic to tell me where Stryker is.

"These are my students. I helped train them to become better psychic soldiers."

"I see. So that's your game. Teachin' kids to do your dirty work."

"Yes."

I can't believe I'm hearin' this. These kids must have been kidnapped or bein' used by Psi-Borg here. Or that Psi-Borg altered their minds, thinkin' that they had nobody to turn to.

"I know what you're thinking, Logan. You're looking for the old man. Right?"

"Yea. Where is he?"

"If I had told you, I would certainly betray his trust."

"He told you to back me off? Heh! Serves him right."

"Correct. To think that such a wild animal like yourself would try to find me and expect some answers regarding the disappearance of William Stryker. I won't tell you, Logan. Not even a single information."

"Heh! If you're not tellin' me, then I'll have to do the unthinkable."

"Stop wasting your f*cking wild jokes, Logan. You will never able to defeat me."

"Are ya sure? What about your young baddies? You got somethin' to say about them?"

The kids watched over me as some kinda argument was goin' on here. The angry looks on their faces, told me that they didn't like to hear a word from some wild animal. But I ain't a crazy animal runnin' around to kill random people. If these kids were willin' to attack me, I had to find a way to stop them. Even without killin' them.

After I asked the question about the kids, Psi-Borg began to explain of how he found them in the first place. He travelled from one country to another so that a person could be picked. The strongest one of all. These kids weren't mutants at all. They were just normal people who got picked by Psi-Borg when he was in his cyborg state. He picked the four kids from different places and it took quite a long time to find them. He then decided to train them in a way that no scientist could able to perceive and understand the powers of the human mind. It was called mind augmentation. A process of turnin' a human into a psychic super-soldier. The augmentation process worked well and accordin' to Psi-Borg's theories, these kids could develop mind powers at the fastest rate. Whether the kinda powers were telekinetic or telepathic. The mind powers were both existed. The kids had to undergo some harsh trainin' sessions in order to become the next generation of superhuman psychics. What a load of psychic $h!t!

The yellow lights stopped flashin' from the circular object. It seemed that Psi-Borg stopped explainin' his story. I wanted to ask him again about the whereabouts of the old Stryker. But I guess he wouldn't want to tell me. I tried my best to release myself from the Asian's psychic power. The nerves began to crack like some white eggs. The blood flew throughout my body. The amount of intense pain was so high that I managed to unleash the powerful beast within me. I lashed out in a wild roar which might have scared the young psychic kids.

"WRRRRR.......AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

While I screamed louder, the Asian looked nervous as if though he couldn't control my animal instincts. The psyhic kids had no idea whom they were actually dealin' with here. The other three kids came in front of me, controllin' my body. But I managed to move every single bit around the corner. Then I dropped down on the floor and suddenly ran against them. The kids look shocked as I came pouncin' on them and hit each of their faces. I knew it was a harsh thing to do. But the good thing is that I neva intended to kill them.

"You have a wild beast inside of you, Logan."

"Is it, Charles?"

"I'm afraid so. When I scanned your mind, I saw there was anger, frustration, and violence. It's the birth of your beast self, Logan. The birth of....Wolverine."

"But....Wolverine is my codename."

"I know. But you should realize that there is an animal waiting to come out."

"To do what?"

"I think you know that answer....Logan."

As those wandering thoughts came over to my head, I ran around the control room, tryin' to prevent the kids from usin' their psychic powers against me. The Mexican girl managed to lift an object telekinetically and threw it to my head. There was a slight pain and yet, it didn't bother me that much. I found myself turnin' into a wild beast and not knowin' what I will do next. I ignored the Mexican girl's powers and punched her on the gut slightly. The girl went off unconscious where the rest of the two white teens came runnin' against me. While they were runnin', they threw certain objects at me, but I was able to move faster than the speedin' bullet. Then I kicked hard on their stomachs with the both of my arms, allowin' them to pass out like the Mexican girl. The Asian threw several objects behind my back. I felt the heaviness of the objects whammed against my body. I turned around fast and ran towards the kid, hit him on the head and pushed him aside the floor. All of a sudden, he felt unconscious and dropped dead like a dead duck.

The tiredness was overwhelmin' me. The heat was there and it was so intense that I wanted to finish off one person. The person who was responsible for wreckin' my mind in the first place. I came towards the large circular object, unleashin' the adamantium claws from the knuckles. It has been a while that I have met Psi-Borg.

"Hmm! Hmm! Hmm! Logan. I didn't know you could defeat my students that easily."

"Yea. Why don't you just tell me where Stryker is?"

"I still won't tell you. It's hard to believe that an animal could easily defend the psychic energies being displayed by my students."

"Cut the crap, Psi-Borg. Where's Stryker?"

There were still no flashin' yellow lights comin' from the circular object. I was right about the disembodied psychic motherf*ckin' $h!t! He won't even tell a d@mn thing to me. There was only one way to solve this issue.

"It looks like I have to kill ya."

"Kill me and you won't find Stryker."

Without payin' any attention to Psi-Borg, I slashed the circular object over and over again. The pieces of metal and the brain was comin' out and the yellow lights came flashin' through my eyes. Psi-Borg was cryin' in pain and beggin' me to stop. But I didn't stop doin' my own thing. The hatred, the anger, and the pain came at the top of my head. Not even carin' a single consciousness comin' from the mechanical psychic himself. After the cryin' part died down and cuttin' every single metal scrap and brain from the circular object, I looked down at the pieces, wonderin' what I would have done to make Psi-Borg tell me the location of the old man. Who knows? Psi-Borg may be a powerful mutant but he ain't that powerful to stop me from killin' him.

Two weeks later....Department H.

I stood at the General Hudson's office where the disabled Charles Xavier was starin' at the outside window. The general wasn't here since he had to go out and perform his other duties. The telepathic mutant must have been waitin' for me in order to tell somethin'. Sometimes, I think that Charles would read my mind just now. But he said that interferin' with another person's mind would be devastatin'. Even though the secrets behind the person may be too dangerous to know about. It's not that Charles didn't care about it. He wanted to help people like mutants who can't seem to control their powers. I walked up to him and stood besides his wheelchair. Charles didn't even look back at me and wondered how I was able to destroy Psi-Borg in one blow. He said in his few words calmly.

"Logan. I was wondering that if you could join the X-Men."

"X-Men?" I asked with a dead surprise.

"Yes. They are a team of mutants like you, Logan. They are my students and I helped them survive in their own ways. I figured you would be a perfect candidate on the team."

I neva thought that a psychic mutant like Xavier would allow me to join his team. But I neva heard of this X-Men before. Charles explained that the X-Men are a group of mutant heroes, savin' innocent lives, includin' humans. The humans whom they feared and hated them. This wasn't the time for me to join the team. Because I had to find Stryker first.

"Charles, I don't know how to say this. But....I'm not ready to join this X-Men of yours."

"I completely understand your situation Logan. You have a mission to fulfil."

"You know that I'm going to kill someone. Right? I can tell you ain't like the killin' part."

"Logan. If there is one thing about being peaceful in life, there's always a hope that person would find someday to maintain it."

"I see."

"Anyways, what are you going to do now?"

"I'm waiting for a reply from General Hudson."

"A mission, perhaps?"

'Yea. This one is quiet tough to catch. Not to mention he's like me though."

"What can he do?" Xavier asked without readin' my mind.

"Teleportation."

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 85- Kestrel, Part 1.

Holy metal crap! Psi-Borg is dead! Now what Logan will do in order to find Stryker? Teleportation? Who has it? I think you know whom I'm talking about. Well, you'll have to find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. Things are gonna get rough in Africa, folks. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.