Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 76- Cursed

Location- Northwest Territories, Northern Canada.

Year- 1954.

Time- Unknown.

It was cold and dark night. The snow was blowin' us like anythin'. Our eyes were not able to see what's comin' ahead of us. The weather reports did say that a snowstorm would be brewin' at this time of winter. But we had to take the mission fast and stop the wild beast from killin' lots of innocent people. There were news regardin' the disappearances of several hikers or tourists. It seems that the beast must have taken them away or ate them. I just couldn't get the horrible thought out from my mind. People used to say this beast could be a Bigfoot. Yea, Bigfoot, Yeti, you can call anythin' ya want. They're almost the same but entirely different if ya ask me.

David and I came to the Northwest Territories in order to find the beast. I wore my jacket just in case if the vast coldness affects my body. Even though I do have my healin' factor which heals the cuts and bruises. The ice does that part. You may neva know if these ice can cut through your skin without even knowin' about it. On the other hand, David didn't worry about wearin' the jacket. Because he wasn't wearin' one. Instead, he had the armour that protects his entire body from the coldness. He also had the mask that covers the half of his face. His mouth was shown and the slight brown hair came stickin' up like some crops which grew from the paddy fields. David North had all the technology that he needed. Not to mention he has a mutant power and an artificial healin' factor. With everythin' at his disposal. I bet myself anythin' that David can easily kill the Wendigo.

The Wendigo legends went back far as I could remember as a young child. My memories may be faded away. But somehow, the story gets stuck in my mind, wonderin' if the story had been told to me from someone I knew and cared about. Or it could be that the story came from several people, talkin' to each other. Wherever I heard the story from, it seemed to be true. There was a television show about a team of investigators, explainin' the true facts behind the Wendigo legend. For those who eats another person' flesh, that kinda person would transform himself into a creature. I ain't sure about the woman turnin' into the creature though. It's only a man who gets turned the most. However, the reason behind the transformation wasn't fully explained. Like why the person gets turned into the creature after eatin' someone's flesh. I mean the guy wouldn't still be normal even though he had eaten his best friend's flesh. But turnin' into a creature? That's kinda absurd to me. Sometimes, I find it hard to believe in these scary tales. Only time will tell, once we find the beast.

While we were lookin' for the beast, a loud noise came throughout the deepest snowstorm. It was like a lion which roared in the African jungle. I took out the infrared eye goggles and put them on, coverin' my real eyes so that I could identify the creature. With this kind of technology, ya could see anythin' that's movin' around. David didn't need the eye goggles because his mask enhances his eye vision. I just wish I could use some of that technology. Maybe, this was the only armour that the eggheads made it back in the Project X facility.

I tried to see any movements, appearin' on the radar. David waved a hand to me, tellin' me to halt for a second. We heard the movements comin' closer by the minute. It must be the Wendigo creature. David told me to hide under the snow. I followed his order and hid beneath the heavy snow, allowin' myself to be hidden like a treasure that's waitin' to be found. David raised his laser gun and pointed outwards somewhere in the snowstorm. I'm just hopin' that he gets the right target. Because the Wendigo could move faster for all we know. This was the first time in encounterin' the creature.

Step by step, the movements came closer. A large dark figure was shown in the crowded snowstorm. Then the beast shouted in anger. It must be lookin' for food right now. Maybe, the beast was angry that it couldn't find the food. Or that it found us. As I recalled the private meetin' with Stryker, the Wendigo wasn't an intelligent creature to begin with. A mindless creature that just roams around the night and hunts human flesh. I wonder what kinda person is inside that thing. That poor soul tryin' fight to his urges not to eat human flesh. It's quite an addiction like any fat person would eat lots of good food.

The beast was finally shown and I could see the large size of it with the help of the infrared eye goggles. I was still hidin' under the snow, not lettin' a sound which comes from my mouth. David shot a laser beam, which accidentally hit one of the big trees. The Wendigo cried out in anger and came rampagin' through the snow trenches. I came out of the covered snow, raisin' my guns and shootin' him several times. The shots went through the beast's body as I claimed to see it. I guess the snowstorm was blockin' my supervision. Yet, I was still usin' the eye goggles for enhancements. I put the guns away and ran against the creature. But David told me to stop. As I pretended not to hear him, I took out a knife and stabbed through the Wendigo's chest. The beast cried out in pain and he punched me with his white furry arms, throwin' me into the deepest snow. I got up easily, tryin' to see where I was at. But the beast came runnin' through alive and whacked my body with his left arm. I flew high up in the air, crashin' down on the heavy snow. David gave several rounds against the creature's body. But it wasn't enough. So David produced a kinetic energy blast and threw it on the Wendigo's chest again. The blast gave a huge impact on the Wendigo's front upper body and the creature screamed throughout the face of the Earth. A few seconds later, the beast stopped screamin' and dropped itself on the snow floor. I got up with some of my injuries healed and saw the dead creature. Later, the creature turned itself back into a human and it turned out to be a male. David used his bio-scanner to identify the human corpse. When the scannin' process was done, David called the chopper pilots that the mission was done. I asked David who the person was. He turned facin' towards me, sayin' that the human was just a normal hiker. I neva expected this human or any human can be turned into a mindless creature. I didn't wanna think about it because the nightmare is finally over.

Present....

I think it took me an hour to finally wake up from my deep unconsciousness. I opened my eyes and saw myself inside some kinda cabin. David was sittin' on the wood stool, starin' at me. Includin' his daughter who was standin' besides him. I neva thought that such a young girl could have this kinda power. I must be assumin' that the girl is a mutant. After all, her father is a mutant as well. I ain't sure what happened to the mother though. But David likes to keep secrets to himself. Maybe, this was a bad timin' to ask the right questions. I have to know where William Stryker is. It's the only way that I could end his reign in Project X.

David came up to me closer. I was tied to some chains and the adamantium claws couldn't get pushed down. Because the tightness of the chain covered my knuckles. David was a smart man, alright. He sure knows how to trap one person due to his past skills. But Agent Zero or Maverick didn't exist any more. It's just plain old David North.

"You shouldn't have come here, Logan," David said with seriousness. He looked me in the eye, wantin' to say bad things to me. David neva fought with me until now.

"Yea. Blame Stryker," I said, soundin' like a grumpy old man.

"Stryker?" David asked.

I stared at him for a while and then Christy North. I decided to explain everything. Every single d@mn thing about Stryker's true goals and Project X. While hearin' the details, David told me to stop sayin' anythin' else.

"Logan, I'm not in that kind of life any more."

"Figures. I only came here for Stryker's whereabouts."

"I don't know where he is, Logan. Like I said, I'm not part of it."

I smelled him all the way through. He was tellin' the truth. I guess comin' here was a bad idea. But I had to find David anyways. Because he was linked to Project X in the past. There were rumours, sayin' that David was reprogrammed to become a dangerous soldier. It must be the advanced armour that did the trick. David explained to me how he was a killer and killin' everyone on his sight like a madman. He then decided to quit Project X and moved on with his life. He then found a woman whom he fell in love with. It was truly love at first sight. But the thing is that David neva told his wife that he was part of Project X or that he was a mutant. Because he knew that these honest things would affect their lives. So David tends to forget everythin' what happened in his past. Over the years, Christy was born and their lives had been changed until....one day, somethin' dreadful happened and their precious life was neva the same.

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 77- White Fear.

What really happened that affected David's life? What does this have to do anything with the Wendigo creature? And where is David's wife? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. I hate to say this....but I think I've stumbled on the wrong page here. SNIKT!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

Dude you are a writing machine!

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Awesome job! I also love the little "To be continued" epilogue at the end of your works. They are freaking awesome.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

@batkevin74: I know. =P

@TheWholeDamnShow: Thanks, man! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

Edited.