Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Note- The flashback story continues from Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 58- Kane's Legacy, Part 3.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/project-x-the-birth-of-wolverine-chapter-58-kl-part-3/644638/#1

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 75- Wendigo

Location- C.I.A., United States.

Year- 1954.

Time- Unknown.

There are times that you can't remember anythin' from your past. The past can be harsh sometimes but it's always exist and yet that person can't let go of it. In my case, I neva used to recall what happened before. It's like someone had just wiped off my memory so that I wouldn't able to find out what really did happen. It could be either the secret government didn't want such likes of me to find out that he was bein' f*ckin' used. Like Stryker used me all the time. Because he knows that I'm the best ultimate weapon there is.

I found myself lyin' in one of the hospital beds. It was a surprise that someone must have helped me to get to the hospital. I don't know if I was still unconsious at that time. The memories always fade away from the depths of my mind. When I opened my eyes and able to see clearly, a nurse came by and checked up on me. To see that I was alright. I asked the nurse that how I was able to get here. She said that I was taken by someone who found me lyin' on the beach waters. I was kinda confused because I ain't recall anythin' about visitin' some beach. It's like some half-naked tourist would go on a vacation. The nurse went back outside the patient room and left me alone.

A few seconds later, the door opened and I saw a figure comin' towards me. The man worn the green shirt with all the buttons on. He also had some medals which showed he was a tough soldier servin' for his own country. It was William Stryker, the head of the C.I.A. organization.

"Logan...." Stryker said. "You seemed to be okay."

"Yeah....But my head....Uhhh....."

"I know. You need to rest for a while."

"What happened?"

Stryker kept quiet at the moment as if though he didn't wanna tell me anythin' about the previous event. Whatever it is, I wanted to find out for sure. Sometimes, I get these headaches comin' and goin' while I tried to remember somethin'. Stryker came closer to the bed and looked me in the eye. There was some kinda fiercness through his eyes, tellin' anyone that he's a man of great strength, willin' to protect his country. I heard that General Stryker joined the C.I.A. after the war in Russia, which kinda happened quite a while ago. At this time of year, the Russians wanted power and fight back against anythin' that's comin' in their way. The man like Stryker always sees to that problem. He also sends some of his C.I.A. agents and me to do the d@mn job. But there was another person who was with me at the time. I recalled his name though. While tryin' to remember, I got up from the bed immediately and shouted out to Stryker.

"Where's Kane?!"

Stryker was kinda stunned when I said that. He turned over to the blinds, coverin' the window and opened it for a clear view outside. He was always been quiet like this. Never wanted to tell a d@mn thing of what's really goin' on or if there's anythin' that I and the other C.I.A. agents should know about. Stryker looked back, starin' at me with seriousness and replied to my question.

"He's dead."

"What? Whaddaya mean he's dead?"

Stryker explained everythin' what happened in the past mission. That Kane and I went to get the Carbonadium Synthesizer from the sunken submarine in Russia. It was the only device that the Russian super-soldier known as the Omega Red wanted it to save his life. The moment I heard that Omega Red killed my best friend and partner, the anger went through my mind. I wanted to kill that Russian b@$t@rd for what he did. But Omega Red was presumed to be dead after some missiles hit the submarine in one single blow. I survived due to my accelerated healin' factor but Kane wasn't able to make it alive. Because his lifeforce was drained by Omega Red himself.

"Logan. Now is not the time to do anything rationally. Omega Red is dead. That's it."

"What about the Carbonadium Synthesizer?"

"It got destroyed."

There was somethin' fishy goin' on with the general. Either he's hidin' somethin' from me or he's not tellin' the entire truth. But I smelled him though. It did seem he was tellin' the truth. Maybe, my memory was gettin' fuzzy nowadays. I just didn't know what to say anymore. Stryker patted on my right shoulder, tellin' me that everythin' will be fine. I sure hope so.

It was about a week later that I came back to the C.I.A. It was actually a department bein' held in the United States. Tons of agents were being recurited in order to scout out missions all over the world. Russia, India, China, ya name it. A long tough mission that any agent could take and survive the consequences. There were some of the agents who remembered the great Garrison Kane who got killed in action. They also knew I was still feelin' bad about my best friend's death. Some of them were cheerin' me up. I tried to forget what happened in the last mission. But there was somethin' that didn't add up.

Usually, people feel like that way and wanted to investigate for themselves. Anyways, I sit back and relax on the couch, readin' today's headlines of what's currently happenin' in Russia. While I was readin' the newspaper, a man came up to me. Without even lookin' at him, I can tell that this person wanted to speak with me. My wild eyes turned away from the newspaper and focused on the person, standin' between the other two couches. He had a slight brown hair and looked darn handsome that any lady would want to go out with. Then he started to speak.

"You must be Logan. Right?"

"Yea. Who are ya?"

"My name is David North. Sometimes people call me, Agent Zero."

"Is Agent Zero your nickname?"

"Yes, of course."

"Figures. Whaddya want?"

"General Stryker sent me to see you. Actually, he wanted to see both of us....privately."

It could be a secret mission for all I know. This was the first time that I met David North. He was also a mutant who had the ability to produce kinetic energy blasts. A sheer and brutal force, I would say. I wonder if any of the C.I.A. agents were also mutants too. Kane was just a normal human being but now I've met my new partner who's also a mutant. Ain't that a surprise?

I closed the newspaper and placed it back on the glass table. I got up from the couch and looked at the new agent. But he wasn't new though. The name, David always get popped out of Kane's mouth. That David had been given some kinda technology to enhance his vision and the armour which gave him the strength to push his enemies down. I shook hands with David, greeting myself.

"The name's Logan."

"I know. I heard a lot about you and your....friend."

David must have learned every single detail about me and the late Kane. It could also be that Stryker has given him the information already. I wonder if this mission has to do anythin' with the Russian sleeper agents. Yea, the motherf*ckers who spies on every country includin' the U.S. I asked David several questions, regardin' the private talk with General Stryker.

"What's this all about?" I asked.

David didn't reply to my answer right away. I'm guessin' that he doesn't wanna talk to me right in front of the other agents, roamin' around the hallways, laughin' at each other, and havin' food and drinks. Then he came an inch closer to me and said this.

"We can't talk here. Come with me."

I followed him to the front entrance of the C.I.A. headquarters. It was a bright and sunny day, which ya wanna go to the beach. We walked together towards the hillside where every city can been seen from up here. A long distance that no one could find out the secret base where we're located. David turned towards me as I was lookin' over the far hillside.

"It's about Operation: Wendigo."

"Operation: Wendigo?" I asked, wonderin' what the term, "Wendigo" means. David also stared at the hills and explained further about the mission.

"Yes, Logan. There were news sightings of a wild creature running around the Northern Canadian region. Some say that this creature kills and eats anyone in its path."

"Sounds like a horror story to me, bub."

"It's true, Logan. That's why Stryker sent me to talk with you."

"I see. So he wants us to take this creature down?"

"Yes. This creature also killed several top and best C.I.A. agents on the planet."

I realized why Stryker wanted to kill this creature that badly. I neva heard of this strange creature before. People used to tell a lot of scary stories even when I was a kid. Yea, those kinda stories didn't scare me at all. I kept questionin' David about the creature.

"What is this Wendigo? I heard stories about it."

"From what I 've heard," David continued speakin'. "That the Wendigo used to be a human."

"Human?"

"Yes. A person eats another person's flesh through harsh weather when there is no food and water. The person who transforms himself into the Wendigo at night."

"So you're sayin' that this Wendigo is a cannibalistic creature?"

David nodded again and this time he didn't say a word. It's true what they say that a human cannibal gets turned into a wild beast of nature. This story seemed like a legend to me. Or I would say a hogwash. But if David was tellin' the truth about the Wendigo creature. Then we might have to be very careful about it.

"I know I shouldn't have said it you. Even if Stryker was going to explain it. But I thought I needed someone to trust me."

"Well, David. I don't know what to say. But if Stryker wanted this creature badly, then we'll go and kill it."

Present.....Northwest Territories.

It was quite a long journey in order to reach the cold place. The Northwest Territories was the actual location where David North used to live. I didn't know why he would live in this cold and harsh winter. It was kinda like Alberta though but nothin' like this. There were tons of snow and ya can't seem to walk through and reach your final destination. Only if you had your boots on. I had to walk slowly through the heavy snow. It wasn't snowin' ever since I came to this place. I had to check the weather news and see if it was snowin' that badly. If it did snowed heavily, then my eyes wouldn't able to see anythin'. Not even a single person could see where he or she was goin'.

While walkin' through the snow, I noticed a smoke comin' out from the cabin. Most of the wooden cabins were built in Northern Canada. It looked like someone had just put some fire so that the person can feel the intense heat, comin' from the chimney. I also heard a sound comin' from the cabin. Someone was choppin' wood at this time of weather. I started to move quickly to see if it's the person whom I was actually lookin' for. The person was a man who kept choppin' the wood with his axe. He chopped over and over again until he made the wood into a tree log. These logs were used for the fire chimney mostly. Sometimes, it can also be used to build a raft for rowin' through the deep waters of the ocean. The person was David North, alright. There ain't a mistake about it. He wore a red shit with black stripes on it. And the light blue jeans that could prevent his legs from shiverin'. Yet, he doesn't wear a jacket. I walked up behind him, takin' out a gun, and pointin' towards the back of his head. David then stopped choppin' the wood and stood there for a while. He must have the feelin' that someone was behind him, holdin' his axe so that he could hack and slash the intruder or the stranger. What he doesn't know is that my gun contains the carbonadium bullet. I finally revealed my name to him.

"David...." I said in a low voice. Without even lookin' at me, David realized that similar voice from the past. He knew it was me, standin' behind him.

"Logan?" David asked surprisingly as he was still standin' in front of the chopped up wood. I didn't want to shoot him right away because I came here for answers. The answers that will lead me right to William Stryker. David began to ask further questions about my unexpected arrival.

"What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? You ain't wanna be the person to ask. I only came here to find ya."

"What's this about?"

As I was about to explain the things which happened recently, a girl just came out of nowhere and saw the scene. I looked at her, wonderin' who this young girl was. She kinda screamed right in front of the man whom I was about to shoot.

"Daddy!"

That word, "daddy" came to mind and made me realize that the young girl was David North's daughter. I neva knew that David was married now. It must be the fact that David wanted a peaceful life rather than killin' anyone for Stryker or Project X. He looked towards his daughter and shouted at her.

"CHRISTY! JUST GO INSIDE! NOW!"

"No! Please....don't hurt my daddy. Please!"

"Listen to your daddy, kid," I said to the girl. "This ain't what it looks like."

"No....I won't let you hurt him. I....won't."

All of a sudden, the piles of rocks sprang up from the deep trenches of snow. Some of the rocks were hoverin' around, hitting me on my body and flipped the gun away from my right hand. The pain went so high that I didn't even see the rocks were throwin' against me. I unleashed my adamantium claws and slashed through some of the rocks. But the other rock just whacked my head hardly. A total impact came upon me and I fell down on the snow floor. It was that moment, I realize that this Christy girl wasn't....normal.

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 76- Cursed.

Whoa there! David North has a daughter? Man, talk about years passing by. And where is the Wendigo? Well, you'll have to find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. Sniff! Sniff! Somethin's evil is in here and I ain't likin' it. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.