Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 69- Sinister

Secrets. There are such secrets that people really wanted to learn about. Ever since I got drafted by the Project X, there were so many questions lingerin' in my mind. Thinkin' when will these secrets be revealed to an individual. But I'm sure Project X wouldn't do a thing or two. The experimental facility has deadly secrets which you may felt it was a bad idea to learn. The truth is what matters the most. But the truth might hurt someone when he or she finds out about the true nature. Or even their nature when they have been part of a deadly experiment.

After a week in New Orleans, I came back to Vietnam with Gambit as my own capture. Dr. Essex was already happy to see that everythin' went well. He noticed that there was some kinda wrong with the transmission, which sprung out of the microchip. The microchip which got implanted inside my brain. This kinda implant was used to monitor the person's activities. Kinda like the George Orwell's novel, "1984." Not even a single privacy for your own time. He must be wonderin' the microchip must have got destroyed or malfunctioned. However, the implanted microchip was in fact destroyed by Gambit. It was all part of my plan. A secret plan just to trick the egghead b@$t@rd himself. Dr. Essex may be smart but not enough to notice what's goin' to happen next.

He called out to his Marauders and stopped the torture. I hope that Sarah and Kane were still doin' fine. These Marauders were dangerous mutants whom they always liked to kill and torture innocent people. Even other mutants who tried to fight against the Marauders themselves, includin' the Morlocks. It was like a nightmare that Dr. Essex had brought his b@d@$$ mercenaries into the fold and slaughter anyone on their sight. I neva thought that Raven Darkholme would even join the group. Even after she recently got drafted by Project X and joined Team X. The blue b!tch must have killed so many innocent lives. Like a real-life terrorist who just came from Vietnam, Iraq, and others. She was rumoured to be seen in so many countries and the past centuries. A mysterious woman with no past, was found by William Stryker. The great general himself, who started the Team X operations in the first place.

Gambit was bein' strapped to his bed, which rotated upwards facing the mad doctor. The Marauders came by to see what Dr. Essex was doin' to his new patient. The mad doctor always think of his patients as new specimens. He also had no regard for human life. Not to mention he messed up with my brain last time. But this time, I wasn't caught on the strapped bed with adamantium coils. I was standin' besides Dr. Essex and ten inches away from the Marauders. Raven was lookin' at me, winkin' her eyes as if she was tellin' me to really f*ck her. I didn't want to look at her face even though my super-smell tells me that she did cause a lot of bloodshed in her hands. I wanted to strike against the Marauders one by one. But a plan came to my mind, so that I could save Sarah and Kane. They must be somewhere in the cell room where Dr. Essex's human and mutant lab rats have been kept. I have gotta to find them before my final part of the plan gets started any time soon.

Before comin' back to Vietnam, Gambit saw everythin' what happened. When "The Eye of All Things" showed him, he realized that I only wanted to save my new Team X mates. At that point, I thought he wouldn't care to accept the kinda person I became and wantin' to catch a low-life thief. But Gambit agreed with the past situation and my new plan. I actually whispered to Gambit's silent friend to lay out a plan for Remy and force myself to be separated from me. So that Dr. Essex wouldn't find out what the plan was. If the mad scientist did find out, my friends would have been dead by now. But there is another catch. I had to destroy the implanted microchip first. Because Dr. Essex was still usin' his advanced monitor technology to watch the events unfold right through his sinister eyes. Gambit liked the idea of my plan. He pretended to ran away from me while I was still gettin' the electric shock treatment. Just to make Dr. Essex think that I wasn't able to catch him. Then Gambit threw a kinetically-charged card towards the right side of my head. The card felt through my brain as I screamed out loud. The pain was so high that the card also stopped my motor functions. I felt the piece of Dr. Essex's equipment comin' out of the brain. I fell down on the floor, lying like a dead rat for five minutes. Later, my brain got healed just in time to contact Sinister through my eardrum where the microphone implant has been kept. I ran against Gambit and sliced him halfway through. To also make Dr. Essex think that we had a quiet serious fight. Remy did receive some injuries but he will be doin' just fine. Sinister must have heard the fight through the microphone as I already told him that the monitor microchip got malfunctioned inside my brain. I also told Sinister that I was able to catch Gambit right-handedly.

Now, the final trump card has to yet start. Dr. Essex doesn't know it's goin' to come, includin' the Marauders. It's a good thing that none of these Marauders were telepaths. Otherwise, they would have learned the final part of my secret plan. In the case of Dr. Essex, I wonder if he had any kinda special powers at his disposal. It's a risky thing that I had to take. A risk can sometimes be a good thing.

I watched the mad scientist extractin' the blood from Gambit. Remy must be wonderin' why the scientist wanted him so badly. But I already told Gambit about his obsession. Not even I know the full details. It could be that Gambit's powers were truly special than any other mutant. Like I said, the mad doctor was full of motherf*ckin' mysteries.

As the blood was being taken out of Gambit's arm, I looked through my watch, waitin' for the precise moment to occur. The time starts....now.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1..."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

The explosion erupted from the cave, rocks fallin' apart. The Marauders were shocked to see what was goin' on here. Includin' the mad doctor who was tryin' to perform experiments on Gambit. I took out my adamantium claws and stabbed through the mad scientist's gut. Dr. Essex felt the pain and dropped down to the floor. I clicked the switch which released Gambit from the adamantium coils. Gambit came out of the strapped bed quickly. As we were about to escape, Dr. Essex tried to speak to me with confusion.

"What....What did you....just do?"

I looked down on him, wantin' to slice every one of his white skin into pieces. But there wasn't much time. I finally told him the truth about my secret plan.

"The final trump card....Dr. Essex. You neva saw it comin'. Did ya?"

Dr. Essex didn't say any of his last words before he was goin' to die. But he should realize that Gambit's card charged kinetically so that it would cause a rumble in the cave. The card which was hidden inside the cave. He ignited a bit of kinetic energy, which took the time in chargin' the card. That's how I knew when Gambit's mutant powers came in handy to perform his latest trick. While we were inside the cave, the card was still chargin' and not even a single d@mn soul knew about it. Only except Gambit and me. But it was a risky plan since Gambit sometimes charge the objects in quick seconds.

The rocks was still crumblin' inside the cave. We ran behind the laboratory as the rocks fell over Dr. Essex and his band of Marauders. There were shouts and screams comin' from behind. I didn't look back to see if they were about to chase after Gambit and me. But there were't able to have that chance. We ran to all corners of the cave and see where Sarah and Kane were bein' captured. I used my super-senses to track them down. As the rocks were still fallin' apart, we finally reached a cell room. Sarah and Kane was caught with some kinda wires on their bodies and necks. They looked pretty bad due to the fact they have been tortured by the Marauders. I told Gambit to free Sarah while I tried to talk with Kane. He may be a cyborg but I had to take the wires out from his tin-can body. During the release, Kane opened his eyes, lookin' towards me.

"Logan...."

"Yea, pal. It's me. I've come for ya."

"Logan....Just leave me here."

"What? What are you sayin'?"

"No....Logan. You must....I figured you and your new partner....came all this way to....rescue Sarah and me. But....I don't think your....card trick will do much here."

"How did you...." I stopped askin' further, wonderin' if Kane had seen us comin'. He must have used his trackin' sensor technology to see through our plan. Even though Kane was able to do it, he was still in a pretty bad shape. The South Korean mutant must have done a lot of damage to this poor guy.

When Gambit carried Sarah on his shoulders, he waited for me. But I told him to run away and that I would catch up to him later. The red-eyed mutant ran away as fast as he could. I stared back at Kane, hopin' that he would come with me.

"Kane...."

"Logan....I have something for you."

A hole just opened from the side of his right arm. It was a small squared disk. I looked at it, wonderin' what Kane was tryin' to tell me. He spoke in his low voice about it.

"This is the information you need."

"What is it?"

"You'll find out.... once you get back to....Department H. You'll know....what I'm talking about. Now....leave. I have one....final thing to do. It's been a pleasure....to work with you....partner."

Kane activated the destruction sequence so that cave will be entirely destroyed includin' Dr. Essex's laboratory, his work and findings. Even the mad scientist and the Marauders themselves. Without ever hopin' to escape from this underground cave.

I was too late to save my friend. I had the chance to do it. But Kane made a promise that the information will be explained to me. I took the disk and ran off from the cell room and towards the front entrance of the cave. As I was about to enter the outside world, the cave exploded with a big bang and I jumped forward into the daylight. Piles of rocks were comin' at me. Hittin' every side of my body. The pain went high enough that I felt into the ground. Then everything went black.

Flashback....8 hours earlier.

I was at the boat where the old fisherman used to take me to New Orleans. Gambit was there, all tied up to the pole with a tight rope. He was smilin', thinkin' that this plan of ours, would work in a fun way. I asked him what he would do right after savin' my friends. He didn't say anythin' much. But he only said this.

"You know, Logan. I've never met a wild amimal like you. You sure do act like one. No offence."

"I got you. But you were one heck of an @$$! I can tell ya that."

"Well, that's my style. A thief like me, would want to have some fun. Right? By the way, you should have told me about your friends wanting help."

"Let's just say that the mad scientist was actin' as the Big Brother."

"Oh yeah. This Dr. Essex guy I've been hearing from you. Not every nice. Is he?"

I didn't reply to his question as I looked towards the sunset and waited to get back to Vietnam. I only wanted some calmness and hopin' that our plan would work. For one thing, Gambit was right. Dr. Essex was so bad that he would go in great lengths to perform his deadly experiments. But once we get back to Vietnam, his dangerous experiments will be over....soon.

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 70- What Lies Beneath.

Now that Kane is dead and Sarah was rescued from the clutches of Sinister and his wild gang. What's next for Wolverine? Find out as Logan will learn the truth behind the squared disk. I think it's time for some real answers, bub. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.