Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 67- Gambit, Part 4

After wakin' up from the darkness, I still found myself in the small room. The strange lookin' monk was still there, watchin' me as if though the events were been folded. It was strange that the artifact which the monk held on his hands. The object was actually called, "The Eye of All Things." The strange object was used to tell the wearer that everythin' can be explained. So that the wearer wouldn't have to ask certain amount of questions. It also told me the truth about why Gambit was captured by the masked warriors. These masked warriors were turned out to be the members of the Assassins Guild. The Assassins Guild were a group of people who kills important people for their masters. Even they had to fight against their common enemy, the Thieves Guild. This monk whom I've just met here, was actually a member of the Thieves Guild, including the red-eyed mutant. The Thieves Guild's purpose was to steal magical and historical objects from around the world. It looked as if I was drawn into some kind of fantasy world. But it ain't fantasy if ya ask me.

The monk claimed to be an old friend of Gambit. They were once kids who used to rob food and money from other people. A quite of handful thieves whom they would do anythin' to survive. But the fact is that these kids were under the impression of the Thieves Guild. Remy LeBeau himself, was the son of a famous thief who was neva caught by the police authorities. His legendary status was recognized by the people of New Orleans. And Remy intended to do the same thing. But there was one problem though. Remy always get caught stealin' stuff and yet he had to be trained due to certain conditions. He wasn't like his father actually. Gambit was one different kind of a thief. The difference would be that he had fallen in love with a woman a few years ago. That woman's name was Bella Donna Boudreaux.

Bella was the daughter of a strongest assassin there ever was. The man who assassinated the V.I.P. in cold blood. Not even the people would know who actually killed them. They had secrets that they also didn't wanna share with the Thieves Guild. Since the Thieves Guild wanted the deadly secrets themselves. However, one of the members of the Thieves Guild have found out that Bella possessed a magical object just like "The Eye of All Things." But this object was just a ring. It's ain't just an ordinary ring where you put into your lover's fingers. It's a magic ring that controls men's feelings and urge them to do whatever they want for their lovers. When Gambit found out about this, he realized that he didn't fell in love with the blonde woman in the first place. In fact, he was bein' used in order to unite both clans in harmony. As a result from all this strange situation, Gambit ran away from Bella's grasp and intended to neva come back to her arms. Bella was quite angry about it. So she send her assassins to capture Gambit. Now, I know why they have come to get the red-eyed b@$t@rd. Bella wanted to marry Gambit for the rest of her life.

The strange monk and I went outside the house. His house looked like some kinda hut which was made out of wood. New Orleans have these kinds of houses. Some of them, were normal lookin' as seen in most places. But these houses were comin' right from a fairy tale. I wanted to ask the monk some more questions about dealin' with the Assassins Guild. But the monk was still quiet as always.

We were goin' to the hideout of the Assassins Guild which was located faraway in the southeast of New Orleans. These assassins always liked to keep these things in secret. They were born to kill. It's a good thing that this monk came to save me from the underground sewers. But I really wonder how did he manage to know where I was. I'm guessin' "The Eye of All Things" must have warned him about a new visitor arrivin' to New Orleans.

Days went by as we travelled across the land by foot. The monk may have not said anythin' much. I did get the idea where he was comin' from. I also realized that his magic object was stolen under certain circumstances. If only I wished this object could bring my memories back. But the object still hasn't yet shown me. I wanted to tell the monk where I have come from and what I was meant to do. But I think he already understood about my visit.

While the monk was walkin' in front of me, he suddenly stopped and pointed somewhere to big mountains over the hills. There were quite high and yet no one gets to see them. All of a sudden, the mountains were suddenly gone. Just right out of thin air.

"What....What happened?" I asked with sort of confusion.

The monk finally replied to my question and continued his strange voice.

"Do not let the illusions fool you."

"Illusions?"

"It's a trick. The Assassins Guild have great power. They will do anything to hold that power and control people's lives."

"You think Gambit's in there? The place which "The Eye of All Things" showed me?"

"Yes. The reason why I stole this object so that we, the Thieves Guild could find out the deadly secrets behind the Assassins Guild."

"I see what ya mean. This is all strange to me."

The strange monk stopped talkin' and showed me the way to the true location of the Assassins Guild. The location was turned out to be a hidden fortress. More like a castle to me. People don't even know this old castle existed in New Orleans. The Assassins Guild possessed another magical object that could bring illusions to anyone's sight. Those mountains up there, were actually illusions. A neat trick even for the rock climbers not bein' able to recognize.

After three hours of travel, we rested in a deep forest for the night. We waited to see if the Assassins Guild have come to fight against us. Who knows these assassins would come from inside a hidden bush and pounce on ya. I'm positive they couldn't kill me. But I was quite worried about the monk. He hasn't still told me his name yet.

Durin' a good night sleep, the monk suddenly patted on my right shoulder. He told me it was time to go to the hidden castle. We packed our things and continued walkin' through the deep forest. There were also swamps which is swarmed with man-eatin' alligators. A warnin' sign for any swimmers, I guess. There was a person waitin' for us on the boat. I bet he must also be the member of the Thieves Guild. He also wore the same brown robe as the monk besides me.

We went on the boat, sittin' on both sides. The other monk quickly drew the row stick on to the deep swamp. While the monk was rowin' the boat, a single alligator was swimmin' by. I can smell the human taste comin' out from the alligator's mouth. We made sure not to make any sound. So that the alligator won't bite out necks off. However, the alligator was close by the boat. It sprung up from the near deep water as I pulled out the adamantium claws from my knuckles. The alligator came towards my flesh and I stabbed on the alligator's outer flesh. The blood spilled all over the swamp waters. But the monk told me to stop and said that the alligator was just another illusion.

"What?" I asked with confusion again and then realized what the monk said was true. It was the true power of the Assassins Guild. There was no doubt about it. But the illusions felt real and my nose couldn't even tell whether I was facin' a reality here. The monk explained a bit more about the illusions.

"The illusions may not be real. But the mind makes it real."

He was right about that. Sometimes, my mind could not tell whether I was actually seein' things. It was an animal mind when I wasn't human or not bein' human. I ignored the strange situation and focused on capturin' Gambit. Or savin' Gambit's life.

We finally reached towards the hidden castle. The castle was enormous that you couldn't even see the whole depth of it. It was dark, black, and yet there were bricks covered up so that no one could break it through. "The Eye of All Things" have showed me everythin' that I know and what I'm about to face. Except my old precious memories.

The other monk or thief rowin' the boat, went back as we headed towards the castle. The monk took out "The Eye of All Things" from the side of his brown robe. The object's eye was glowin' with light, which also can be used to see where we are goin'. We went to the side of the fortress and finally reached a hidden doorway. The monk or the thief uses his pick to insert the lock, which gradually opened right away. The hidden door creaked open as we took a peek inside the entrance. The main hallway inside the castle, was quiet. Not even some guards lookin' out for their own posts. We stepped further towards the hallway. The inside part of the castle, looked more like a dungeon and I can tell the place is real. "The Eye of All Things" already showed me that one.

As we were lookin' around the main hallways of the castle, a series of footseps came runnin' across the floor. We stood back as the flames on the sides of the castle walls automatically turned off. The light from "The Eye of All Things" also turned off. So that it could prevent it's true purpose from the Assassins Guild. It was so dark that we couldn't see who were comin' and what's really happenin' here. Then several minutes later, the flames came back. There were full of masked assassins surroundin' us. Across these masked guys, a blonde woman came by. She also had a prisoner with her. A prisoner whom she really wanted to become a part of her life. It was none other than Gambit.

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 68- Gambit, Part 5.

Holy $h!t! Logan and some strange thief have walked into a trap. But how did Bella and her masked assassins knew they were coming? Is Gambit still under her magical ring's spell? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. Hey red-eyed bub! I'm back. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.