Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 66- Gambit, Part 3

It was total darkness. Not even a light which comes right from your very own eyes. It's times like these that you couldn't even see anythin'. The problem is that you may be blind. Step by step, you may fall down beneath the darkest place of all. There was no chance for me to see the light. The light that is bright, sunny, and happiness. But my days weren't happy. It was frustation. I had hard times that people couldn't imagine what I was tryin' to do. The dark thoughts always come to my head. No matter what I do. It just doesn't stop.

I woke up from the bed all of a sudden. It wasn't a dream actually. It's more like some kind of paradise. I ain't sure if that's the truth. But it does seem like the place though. There were ancient relics stacked upon the cupboards, some oil lamps laid on the tables. It looked glimmer and shiny like the light which supposed to come through my wild eyes. I saw myself wrapped in bandages around my chest, wondering when and how it did happen. It must be someone who helped me walked out of that....that sewers. The sewers where I used to fight with the Cajun mutant, Remy Lebeau. Also known as Gambit.

This place was still New Orleans, alright. I came here to hunt down the red-eyed mutant for the mad doctor. The cold, harsh feelings swept me like a normal human. Even that I ain't actually human. Sometimes, I used to think that way. But I always wanted to live a peaceful and normal life.

I walked out of the bed slowly, seeing if anyone had come to this room. The room was kinda small if ya ask me. It was stylish, fancy, that any richest person in the whole world could live here. But that fun just didn't get started yet. I had to find that red-eyed b@$t@rd before my body gets shocked by the mad doctor's electrical means. While I was walkin' around the room, a buzz came through my ear. It was the implant that got stuck inside my eardrum so that the mad scientist could hear and talk with me. I really hated the d@mn egghead. He always messes up with my mind. His strikin' white features tell me that he had transformed into a new super-being. A super-being who ain't a mutant. But just a superhuman. He must have evolved into somethin' more. Ever since he must have came to Project X or before that. Who knows? The egghead was still full of f*ckin' mysteries.

I accepted the incoming call, talking to the egghead himself. His voice was sinister that anyone would be scared off. He talked in his deep voice through the microphone.

"Logan....What happened? Your transmission was cut off."

I neva wanted to tell this guy what happened. But I knew that he was watchin' me all the time. The truth counts but the lies had to wash away. If I don't do anythin' what the mad scientist says, Sarah and Kane will get killed by the Marauders. I simply talked in a calm voice, tryin' to ignore the past situation with Gambit.

"I had a problem to deal with."

"A problem?"

"Yea. I've met a couple of masked guys. More like assassins to me. They wore some kinda garb right from a d@mn fairy tale."

The mad scientist paused and a few seconds later, he laughed like a clown who would make fun of other people. He neva realized that this would happen. Even when I try to catch Gambit. I also didn't realize that the masked assassins or warriors came to get the Cajun mutant for themselves.The mad scientist talked in a harsh voice.

"I see we have another crisis on our hands. But you still must do what I have asked. Or else, your friends will....die!"

I knew that would come right through my ears. It's just that time might be runnin' out. And who knows when or how I can catch the low-life thief and son of a b!tch. A piece of $h!t!

I talked with him and agreed to the situation what's happenin' here. I also tried to remove those bad thoughts of the Marauders who might still be torturin' my Team X partners. In Kane's case, I never knew whether he was my partner in the past life. But there's always the same question which comes from my mind. I'll liked to find out hopefully if he's still alive.

The contact was cut off. I I walked slowly, tryin' to get up straight and walk properly as usual. My healin' factor should heal the injuries at any moment now. I looked myself through the mirror, wonderin' how long this d@mn mission will take. No matter what happens. I will catch that red-eyed b@$t@rd for sure.

While I was staring at the mirror, a wooden door creaked open. It was a person who covered himself in a dark brown robe. He sure looked like some kinda monk from the the late 18th-century. Yet, his half of the face was slightly shown. He walked into the room slowly as my face turned facin' towards him. He also had a bo staff which is similar to the one that Gambit used to hit me with.

The adamantium claws protruded out of my knuckles while the brown-robed guy was raisin' his bo staff towards me. I raised the claws at him but the monk blocked it in seconds. My super-senses told me that the guy was a human and somehow connected to the red-eyed mutant. He used his staff to push my injured arms away. He then replied in a slow harsh voice like no one has heard it before.

"Hello....visitor. I see you have come here for a good reason."

"How....How did you know? Who are ya?"

"It seems that you couldn't recall. But the good thing is that you're alive."

"Alive? I'm very much alive, d@mmit! Where am I?"

The monk paused a few seconds as he was still walkin' in the room. He then continued his strange voice of communication.

"I'm a friend of the one you seek. And you're at my place."

"You know Gambit?"

The monk nodded and still didn't say anythin' much. He must be a monk, alright. But there was somethin' strange about him. His brown robe, slight facial features, and the sound of his voice. I can smell him.

"If you want to know more information, I suggest you look at this."

He took out a strange item from the side of his brown robe, The item actually bore an eye from the centre of the circular object. The eye of the object began to glow right through my eyes and hit me like a big giant rock. I then found myself again in total sheer of darkness.

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 67- Gambit, Part 4.

What the heck? What just happened here? Who is the brown-robed guy? And will Logan able to find and catch Gambit since he was caught by the strange masked warriors? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. There's somethin' strange about New Orleans. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.