Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 64- Gambit, Part 1

Location- New Orleans.

Year- 1982.

Time- Unknown.

I had to travel by a boat on the sea. It was a long sea journey which I had to take. There wasn't a single sound comin' from the sea waves. But you can hear a slight bit of it. I stood on the medium boat where the fisherman told me to eat some dinner. It was dark at night and yet I couldn't eat anythin'. I thought of tryin' to save Sarah and Kane back in the underground tunnels of Vietnam. But I had to take a risky mission in order to save them. This Dr. Essex was monitorin' my actions at all times. He wanted myself to capture a Cajun-French speakin' mutant who lives somewhere in the city of New Orleans. To be honest with ya, I have neva been to the place. I heard it was kinda rough there. Who knows where I have heard of the news? It does sound reasonable to know somethin' even when you're outside the war-torn country.

The reason I didn't take the helicopter or a plane is because that this so-called Gambit knows how to handle tough situations. The Marauders failed to capture him in several occasions. Now, I have to act as a normal person in order to catch him for good. You don't see any wild planes or copters on these parts of the sea. That's what makes the red-eyed mutant notice somethin' ain't right here. The b@$t@rd egghead mentioned that Gambit was also a thief. A thief who likes to steal someone's belongings and then sell them later. It could be that this Cajun thief is very much into money these days. I wonder if I can deal with this mutant myself. I might have a slight chance to capture Gambit. But his powers were not to be underestimated. He can charge certain objects kinetically and throw them off like explosives. This could be the reason why the egghead really needed Gambit badly. I'm guessin' Gambit's power might come in handy for the mad scientist's experiments.

There was a storm brewin' on the sea. I had to go inside the boat and wait for the sunshine to rise. There was only one fisherman who was ridin' this boat by himself. He was sittin' on his chair comfortably like an old man. The fisherman claims that he caught a big fish from the risin' seas. I ain't wanna believe his wacky tale since it sounded to be true. I was quite hungry at the time before I left Vietnam. A wild animal can't go on a journey with the empty stomach. I opened a small fridge where stashes of food and drinks were kept. I took out the chicken from the fridge and asked the fisherman if I can use his pan. He agreed with it as always. Even when I started on my journey on the deep seas. I put the pan on the stove where I let it heat up for seconds. I also put some oil on the pan so that the chicken can be fried like a roast. A few seconds later, I placed the chicken on the pan and cooked it for about several minutes. The plate was already served on the dinner table. It must the fisherman who just put the plate there. I'm assumin' he knows that I'm really hungry.

"You must be really hungry, pal," said the fisherman who kept sittin' on his wooden chair. He wasn't doin' anythin' at the moment. But he must be thinkin' of somethin'. I wanted to talk with him whether he knows about this Remy guy. But I doubt the old fisherman would know about him. Besides, the fisherman spends too much time fishin' on the seas. I highly doubt that he must have caught a really big fish.

When the chicken was ready, I took it out and placed on the white plate. I turned off the stove as I recall somethin' about Romulus. The name, Romulus always come to my mind like anythin'. I always thought that this Romulus guy neva existed. Dr. Essex claims that he was a legendary scientist who created the Romulus Formula. If it wasn't for Romulus, the mutants wouldn't able to develop their powers at the right time. It may sound too crazy but it's the truth that counts.

While I was about to eat the fried chicken, the fisherman began to speak in a low tone voice. He mentioned that he heard of the guy named Remy. I was kinda surprised that an old fisherman would knew such stuff. I neva had it comin' since I was tryin' to eat the chicken. I got up from the chair and looked at him angrily.

"What did you just say, bub?"

"What? I just asked whether you're looking for Remy."

"How did you know this? Who told ya?"

The fisherman was scared as he began to shake a bit. I held his white shirt and demanded the answers which supposed to come out of his bad breath. He looked myself in the eye and said he doesn't know who told him. But later on, I felt a shock of pain throughout my body. I was shocked about three times and yet I couldn't move a bit. It was painful that any person would get. I dropped on the floor immediately and try to look at the old man. He was still scared of the fact that someone is controllin' him. I knew that this f*ckin' mad scientist was behind the charade.

I got up from the floor and apologized to the fisherman. I also asked whether the scientist told him about the mission which I was about to do. He nodded as if though he didn't wanna say anythin' at this moment. The thing is that people get scared of their own bosses. They're willing to go far and listen to them as long they can get paid for money. I'm assumin' the old man was gettin' paid for takin' myself to the city of New Orleans. I decided not to ask the question since I knew the old man acted as the mad scientist's slave. I went back to the chair and started eatin' the fried chicken. I had this good old smell before. I must have eaten this fried chicken a long time ago.

It was the next day that I woke up from the room. I got out of the boat and witnessed the city of New Orleans. It looks like a clean city with bricks and walls being made by hard-workin' architects. It's amazin' to see this place if ya think about it. I had to pack up my things just to look like I'm just some old drifter lookin' for work. I don't know if this Remy guy will find who I actually am. But I may have to try the very best I can.

The fisherman's boat has finally reached the docks of New Orleans. I came out of the boat and said to the fisherman that I'll be gone for a week. The fact is that Dr. Essex gave myself one week to capture the red-eyed mutant. Otherwise, Sarah and Kane will be dead for sure. Now, it ain't the time to think of those things. This whole situation is takin' a negative effect on me.

I walked off to the streets where I saw a couple of kids playin' a ball. This place was kinda peace and quiet. It makes myself wanna think that I actually wanted to live in this place. You can smell the fresh air comin' at your doorstep. If that is I do have a place to stay. I went to an inn and checked out a single room. I took some rest for a while. A traveller has to act normal these days. Because ya can't just come by and visit someone with your unpacked bags. The room was a cozy place to stay but it's worth it. I got out of the small inn and began to search for Remy. I ain't sure where to start lookin' but I may have to ask someone around these parts.

While I was searchin', I noticed a bar where I could ask the bartender some questions. I'm sure he ain't mind tellin' myself the answers. It will surely help me a lot. But that depends if the bartender really wanted to tell me. I went inside the bar and saw several men havin' a full blast at their drinks. I walked down to the aisle and found myself a chair where I can sit comfortably. The bartender took a notice of me and asked myself for a drink. I asked him, "What do you have for me?" The bartender began to say there are special beers on the house. I bet this bartender knows that I'm new here.

I took the special beer which actually tastes great. I used to drink Canadian beer durin' past times. Yea, I neva stopped drinkin' it. It's the most delicious beer in my entire life. As I was drinkin' the beer, I asked the bartender where I could find Remy LeBeau. The bartender said that he heard of the guy but neva knew where he actually was. But it was the surprisin' moment when a guy just walked into the bar. He wore the same brown coat, and carryin' the bo staff. Just like the exact description from the photo. He came down the aisle and sat on the stool chair besides me. He then ordered a whiskey for his own personal taste. He put his bo staff down the side of the bartender's desk. He stared at the drinks as if he didn't notice me. While I was still drinkin' the beer, I managed to talk with him like a normal person.

"Hey bub! Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, my man. What's up?"

"Have you heard of Remy LeBeau?"

"Hmmmm. I don't know about this Remy you're talking about. Why do you ask, mon ami?"

"I came to look him for work. I'm pretty new here."

"Oh, I see. First time. Eh? Well, it's nice meeting you."

"I ain't goin' nowhere, bub. I came here to speak with Remy."

The red-eyed mutant stopped talkin' and immediately got up. He told the bartender that he doesn't want any drinks at this point. Somethin' tells myself that Remy knows he's in trouble. Or he must be havin' his own tricks up his sleeve. I went outside the bar and followed Remy's scent. He was actually hidin' himself around the side corner of the bar. I came towards him and saw he was standin' besides the several trash cans. Before I took any step further, Remy just stopped myself by showing his upright hand.

"You no looking for work. Is that right?

"You got that right, punk. Why don't you just come with me? We'll talk in private."

"Hmmmm. I don't know if Remy would like such talks. But....if you insist."

While he followed along with me to the private corners of the bar, he charged a hidden card inside his coat pocket and threw it off at my face. I screamed like h*ll as if though my face got burned with fire. I fell down to the ground and became unconscious. I can still feel the pain while I slept like a wild baby. But a few seconds later, I saw Gambit runnin' from me. This ain't gonna be easy to capture this red-eyed motherf*cker. That's for sure.

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 65- Gambit, Part 2.

Man. Now Logan has to run and capture Gambit in a week. But seven days do sound like a lot of time since he just met Remy now. But it may not be too easy in capturin' the red-eyed mutant. There's somethin' more than meets the eye. Will Logan able to succeed on this mission? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. I'm gonna teach this red-eyed b@$t@rd a f*ckin' lesson. One way or the other. SNIKT!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

Mouth Waters.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points