Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 47- No Way Out

"What did ya just say?"

"I'm....dying, Logan."

When I heard that word, dying, I didn't actually believe it. To come and think of it, you don't know what will come next. Because it's always a darn suprise that you find your enemy dying in front of ya. He was coughin' the whole time. Over and over again. I had so many questions in my mind that I wanted to ask him. He was growin' pale and weak. I could tell from my good old nose.

"You sound like $h!t, bub."

"I know what you're thinking. Now it's not the time."

"How about ya tell me where's the big general?"

"Stryker is....Cough! Cough! still alive."

"Where is he?"

"I can't tell you."

"Heh! I should have known it was a secret. What about the others?"

"I...don't know."

"Whaddaya mean you don't know? You said it yourself. You're f*ckin' telepathic."

"You really think I love to play dirty tricks?"

"Yea, I always get the feelin' you have that bull$h!t taste right out from your mouth."

He was still weak and yet he could speak more volumes than any weakest person on the planet. He may be a powerful mutant. But he does have some weaknesses. If he hadn't taken part of the healin' factor experiment, he would have been stronger by now. His mind is stronger although he can't even carry a brick like those construction workers would do.

"You can't read their minds?"

"Yes, I could. But my body is growing weaker that I couldn't even concentrate on using my powers."

"You're too powerful as any d@Mn psychic would say."

"I get the fact you don't trust anyone besides me."

"Oh yea. I do trust some people who can give the answers to me."

"So I figured you won't help in my situation."

"Why would I help ya?"

"Because I know all the secrets behind Project X. If you help me, I can tell you the details. Including your own past."

"Wouldn't Stryker find out about it?"

"I'm sure he won't. If he finds out my sneaky info, I can wipe his mind off. He will remember nothing."

This could be it. If I learned the whole dirty truth of the government program, I can learn about my hidden past. I always try to access the old records of the computer banks. Like I said, the higher-ups wouldn't allow me. I guess I have to rely on the Psi-Borg here.

"Ok bub. But this time...no more tricks."

"I'm warning you, Logan. I have people turning on my backs before. I never liked it, you know."

"I see. So I was right about ya. You ain't even trustworthy."

"But you can trust me now. This is for the better good. Because you don't know what you're dealing with."

"That's another question, I would like to ask you. What the f*ck is it?"

Psi-Borg didn't even say a word. He kept quiet for like two minutes or so. It seems that he's really afraid of this d@Mn thing. Whatever it is. The unknown creature is eatin' our minds off. Like rats stealin' a piece of cheese from the rat trap.

"I don't have the details about this...thing. Cough! Cough! I tried to read its mind. But it's too...powerful."

"Powerful yo say? Can you feel its presence?"

"Yes, I did feel it. It's nothing I have ever felt before."

"And that makes you...what? A scaredy cat?"

"You think I'm scared of this being?"

"I don't know, bub. You tell me. You're the one with vast psionic powers."

"Heh! If you knew about me, I'm sure you would understand what I have went through."

"I don't care about some f*ckin' cyborg's bedtime story."

"You're something, Logan. I can tell you that."

"What would that be?"

"You know the answer. Anyone doesn't have to be a psychic to know it."

Sometimes people can say things whateva they want. I'm sure that Aldo or Psi-Borg would be one of them. Yea, tell me about it. I don't giva rat's @$$ about this stupid half-man and half-machine.

"Tell me, bub. What really happened to ya?"

"I was attacked by the unknown being for the last ten years. I tried to fight and control it. Like I said, it was too powerful for myself to handle."

"But where does this thing come from?"

I'm not sure. How many times I have to say this, Logan? I don't...COUGH! COUGH! know.

"Do you want my help or not?"

Psi-Borg was still coughin' at the moment. He tried to say his own words but the sore throat prevented himself to speak. I think he should speak telepathically. But we're already in the d@mn guy's head.

"What can ya tell me about yourself?"

"Heh! I thought you didn't care. How nice of you?"

"Look bub. I'm not here to give you a friendly hug. I'm only askin' the questions."

"Fair enough."

Psi-Borg began to describe his brief history. Aldo tells myself that he used to be an Alpha mutant. It means that the Alpha mutants would have limited powers. In Aldo's case, he tried to read people's minds at great distances. But it neva worked all the time. He also tried to move objects telekinetically. I guess he got a bad grade on that power too. So he found a way to enhance his psychic powers. He mentioned that he was met by a scientist who offered him a drug in exchange of working for Project X. Guess which drug Aldo received.

"What the f*ck? Romulus formula?"

"Yes. It's the formula that unlocks true potential in the mutant genome. Such as an Alpha mutant myself. It was the only way."

"Wait a minute. I know this Romulus guy ya spoke of. I do recall him before."

"I'm sure you have. But now it's not the time to discuss about the "Great Romulus."

"Who the h*ll is he?"

"At that time, I never knew about Romulus. Because I had limited psychic powers."

"What about after your powers got enhanced by the drug?"

"He...disappeared. Just like that."

I was pretty suprised that the scientist would turn back on his work. Because he was the one who developed the drug in the first place. I do remember the Romulus formula though. Where have I seen it? Not to mention it, I have been using it? Oh man, I can't even remember.

"Psi-Borg, do you know any secret history of me?"

"I told you, Logan. I'll give the details about your past once you help me."

Psi-Borg was gettin' pissed off in every minute. He sure can't stand myself, askin' the same darn questions. I'll neva give up in seekin' the truth. Because I really wanted to know what happened to me. I also wanted to know who the f*ck this Romulus is.

"So...you weren't that big of a bad boy."

"Yes. My life was different. I was this close to being human."

"What's wrong with that? Don't ya ever wanted to be a human?"

"I knew you won't understand. I was born with these powers, Logan. Yet, I have seen the other psychics do amazing things. I was insipired by their tricks."

"You mean mind tricks."

"Is that all you ever think of, Logan? Mind tricks? Have I ever used you?"

"You sure had fun with my mind. Includin' the others as well."

"I was just following Stryker's orders. If I didn't listen to him, I wouldn't be alive right now."

"You gotta be kiddin' me. A powerful psychic like ya gets threatened by a normal man? You're a piece of junk."

Psi-Borg was still pissed off the way I talk with him. He must have given up to the point that he doesn't want my help. Or he thinks that way. I'm sure he have read my mind.

"Logan...There's something I can tell you about the unknown being."

"What is it?"

"There's a legend called the Great Beasts. Their stories have been told in countless ages."

"I see. Some sorta Native American legend."

"You could say that. I have a theory that this unknown being is the Great Beast who attacked our minds. We may not to able to see it. But we do see things that aren't there. I'm sure you and your new friends have experienced the paranoia."

"Yea, I have been there all my life."

"I'm sure you had. Because I can tell your instincts, Logan."

"Tell me more about these Great Beasts."

"The legends have said that the Great Beasts have entered into our world and caused havoc throughout history. According to the Native American tribe, they claimed to saw visions of these great spirits."

"Or the Great Beasts."

"Correct. But no one have ever known where they have come from. They don't even know their true location and their purpose. It's like their world have been destroyed and tried to seek out this one."

I ain't some kinda expert on this supernatural stuff. But I sure can get the understandin' of these unknown creatures. People liked to say scary stories at the campfire site. These stories can make yourself a shiver as the horror writers would say. I would like to find more about these Great things of tragedy. What a piece of wild $h!t!

"Anythin' else you would like to add from your scary story?"

"That's all the information I have. Now...will you help me?"

I tried to move a bit further near him. But I can feel the darkness and the shivers all over the place. We were in the slight darkness alright. There was a bright light shinin' through us. So that we can see each other's faces. There was a sound that kept rumblin' through our heads. A deep f*ckin' sound which keeps repeatin' again and again.

WHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA! WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA! WHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!..........

"No...It can't be here. How did it....come....?"

"Psi-Borg, what's the meanin' of this?"

"I don't know. I....AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGHHH!"

"PSI-BORG! PSI-BORG!"

Psi-Borg flung himself into a state of shock. He couldn't even move his own cyborg body. He fell down to the slight dark place and was shiverin' like Chris Bradley.

"Psi-Borg...Listen to me. D@mmit. Listen."

"Logan....I can't....It's too late."

"How can we defeat it? TELL ME!"

"I don't know if we can defeat it. But I believe....Dr. Heather Hudson has the answers."

"WHAT?"

"It's true...Logan. She had a childhood past dealing with this creature. She encountered the being and somehow escaped from it. I don't know how. But....you have to...ask her. She...knows it....all."

"It can't be. You're sayin' it all wrong!"

"Am I wrong? Aarrrgh!"

"Warning! Warning! Oil Leakage! Oil Leakage!"

"My life-support is running out. I don't think....you can save me."

"D@mn you! You know all the answers. Tell me. JUST F*CKIN' SAY IT!"

"Heh!...I might have used you, Logan. I was a bad man after all. There's no turning back. No...way...out."

"You betta tell me, you...d@mn $h!t."

"It's too late. But you know....half of the answers. I can still feel its presence. It's eating my mind. It's.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

Psi-Borg was lyin' frozen like a dead body. He was killed by the unknown thing or the Great Beast which I have heard of it. I neva thought this day would come that Psi-Borg would die in front of me. He may have played mind tricks on me. But he sure had the guts to fight against this d@mn thing.

There were flashes of images bein' thrown at me. There were horrible images and I couldn't even describe them. It was....scary. I.....

"LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAN!....LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAN!....LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAN!......"

"You are a.....f*cking animal! You are a......f*cking animal! You are a.......f*cking animal. You are a......."

"GET THE H*LL AWAY FROM ME! WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!"

I woke up screamin' at the young doctor's face. Heather was terrified that my animal side has gotten out. She called out the guards to hold myself tight. I tried to attack this....Great Beast. But it kept attackin' my very soul and....mind.

"GET AWAY FROM ME! GET AWAAAAAAAY WRAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"Logan...Listen! it's going be ok. Calm yourself!"

The guards were rushin' through and tried to restrain me. But I always get backed off by the rage. One of the wrestler-lookin' guards was holdin' my body tight. Heather took out a syringe and injected the sleepin' drug into my system. I think it was the drug she used to give me in the previous delusional stage. I can feel my nerves calmin' down. Yet, I still can't hear any of those deep voices in my head. But I can only hear one voice.

"Remember Logan....No Way Out."

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 48- Distractions.

HOLY $H!T! This is something that Logan has to deal with. I mean talk about the Great Beast. But is it the Great Beast? Or is it something else? Also, how does Heather fit into all of this? You better find out in the next terrifying chapter of Wolverine. No way out, bub? There's always a way out. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.