Prelude to the Light.

XASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By XASH

Much of my life has been dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge.

That knowledge has guarded this world well. Not a soul doubts that.

I am blessed with people's smiles and respect. But though I am called a sage, there are things I do not understand.

I believe darkness sleeps in every heart, no matter how pure. Given the chance, the smallest drop can spread and swallow the heart. I have witnessed it many times.

Darkness...Darkness of the heart. How is it born?

How does it come to affect us so?

As ruler of this world, I must find the answers. I must find them before the world is lost to those taken by the darkness.

“It’s coming…”

It is my duty to expose what this darkness really is. I shall conduct the following experiments:

Extract the darkness from a person's heart.

Cultivate darkness in a pure heart.

Both suppress and amplify the darkness within.

The experiments caused the test subject's heart to collapse, including those of the most stalwart. How fragile our hearts are! My treatment produced no signs of recovery. I confined those who had completely lost their hearts beneath the castle. Sometime later, I went below and was greeted by the strangest sight. Creatures that seemed born of darkness...What are they? Are they truly sentient beings? Could they be the shadows of those who lost their hearts in my experiments?

“I can’t…fight it… no!!!”

The shadows that crawl beneath the castle... Are they the people who lost their hearts, or incarnations of darkness? Or something entirely beyond my imagination?

All my knowledge has provided no answer. One thing I am sure of is that they are entirely devoid of emotion. Perhaps further study will unlock the mysteries of the heart.

Fortunately, there is no shortage of test samples. They are multiplying underground even as I write this report. They still need a name. Those who lack hearts... I will call them the Heartless.

“She sold her life to me, to defeat you! To stop you from destroying Solace City…and I did that and collected my reward” The scared girl glanced around scared and confused. “w-what’s going on…Mom?! D-Dad!”

The Heartless appear in groups, and are multiplying rapidly. I've provided them both living and nonliving samples. They've responded only to the living. They seem to multiply after absorbing something from the living creatures. Their prey vanishes without a trace.

I believe the Heartless are taking hearts. They are born from those who've lost their hearts, and thrive on hearts seized from others. The hearts taken by the Heartless become Heartless themselves.

Though I lack proof, I am confident in this hypothesis. I must also study their behavioral principles. Though they lack emotions, they do seem to have some intelligence. How to communicate with them?

It's just occurred to me: Could they be the darkness in people's hearts?

“It’s on me, get it off get it off! Oh- god…no!” the wretched screams from the Ninjan Princess echoed throughout the halls of the Farwick castle; however what she didn’t know that everyone she was calling for was already present.

To study the Heartless behavior, I picked one out for observation. It wiggled its antennae and, as if sensing a target, headed deep into the castle. In the deepest part of the castle, its antennae began vibrating, as if searching for something. Suddenly, a strange door appeared. I'd never known of its existence.

It had a large keyhole, but didn't seem to be locked. So I opened the door. What I saw on the other side mystified me. What was that powerful mass of energy? That night I observed a great meteor shower in the sky. Could it be related to the door that I have opened?

Ziccarra natural Ninjan instincts began to grow within her, her eyes’ flashed a ruby red; she balled her fist up and attempted to fight the fleeting darkness. However in this nightmare there was no sword and shield; she would have to survive this induced Ninjan Nightmare.

A massive core of energy lay beyond the door sought by the Heartless. It may be the ultimate goal of the Heartless. But what is that energy? I have devised a hypothesis, based upon my observations of the Heartless.

The Heartless feed on other's hearts, and they yearn for that energy core. That thing beyond the door must be a heart, too--the heart of this world. There is no proof, but, having felt that immense energy, I am certain. That was the heart of the world.

The Heartless are trying to take hearts not only from all living creatures, but from the planet itself. But what do they mean to do with the heart of the world?

“There is a powerful energy inside of me…I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to control it if it gets loose” Ziccarra said glancing at Gwen. “What do you mean?” Gwen responded trying to figure out what Ziccarra meant. “I mean I’ve been poessed by the darkness” she said giving Gwen a sub-evil stare.

I am studying material from the meteors that rained down that fateful night. What a find! The material is foreign to our world. It is elastic to the touch, and when two pieces are combined, they bond easily. None of the records even mention such a substance.

Was it introduced to this world when I opened the door? I wonder how many other such materials drift through the atmosphere of this tiny world... I wish I could soar off and find out! Could there be uncharted worlds up there? My curiosity never ceases to grow.

But I should stop speaking of such unrealistic dreams. For now, there is no way to venture outside this world. My people and I are all but prisoners of this tiny place.

Chaos let loose a powerful roar one that shattered the very landscape before her.  People began to run in terror; floods and rapid famine swept over the area. The power of darkness devoured this world and chaos befell the citizens who once dwelled there.

There is no doubt that the Heartless are deeply connected to the people's hearts. Further study may unravel both their motivations and the mysteries shrouding the heart.

As a start, I have built a device that artificially creates Heartless. By recreating the conditions that spawn the Heartless naturally, I should be able to produce them artificially. This device is the culmination of all my research thus far. The machine's test run successfully created a Heartless.

This may be a step toward creating a heart from nothing. The artificially and naturally created Heartless showed nearly identical traits. But the two types remain distinct for the purpose of the experiment. So, I will mark the ones that are created artificially.

Simply astonishing! Today I had a guest from another world. He is a king, and his vessel is built of the material that composed the meteors. He called the pieces "gummi blocks". It seemed that my opening the door has opened a path to interworld travel.

We talked for countless hours, but one story in particular caught my interest: that of a key called the "Keyblade". The Keyblade is said to hold phenomenal power.

One legend says its wielder saved the world, while another says that he wrought chaos and ruin upon it. I must know what this Keyblade is. A key opens doors. It must be connected to the door I have opened.

Just as people have hearts, so do worlds. The same can be said of stars in the night sky. And deep within each world lies a door to its heart. The Heartless desire those hearts. Born out of darkness in people's hearts, they seek to return to a greater heart.

Yes that's it. The Heartless come from people's hearts, as does the darkness. Is the core of the world's heart the world of the Heartless? I will pursue the answer there and become all knowing.

My path is set. I shall seek out the wielder of the Keyblade, and the princesses. My body is too frail for such a journey, but I must do this. I will cast it off and plunge into the depths of darkness.

Upon opening the door of a world's heart, the wall around that world is broken down.This is seen as a shooting star. Through this, I have been able to understand the reason why the material known as Gummi Blocks has the ability to allow travel to other worlds.

A world's wall collapses because of the appearance of the Heartless, but finding a world's door takes time. And robbing a world of its heart is a similar case.

If the door has been closed by the Keyblade, one would probably be unable to reach that world's heart again. Before the Keyblade wielder appears in this world, I must take measures to do something.

Supposing that there is a close relationship between the Princesses and the Keyblade, it seems likely that they will resonate with each other...

I have chosen a special girl. I do not know if she possesses the power of the Princesses, but there is a chance, and this is an experiment. She may lead me to the place where the one holding the key is...

I shall send her off to the ocean of other worlds.

I have transcended to an existence of only the heart. I should have come back as a Heartless, but there is no sign of such a transformation.

My body has surely perished. However, I am different from the other Heartless, keeping the memories of before, and I have not taken on the form of a Heartless.

It is evident that there are still many things to be studied.

In order to cross over to the dark realm, which is not this world, you must go beyond the door of Kingdom Hearts, the heart of all worlds.

The core connected to the world's heart, the place that will take me to the world of darkness. (I will record the details in another report...)

There are still so many unknown worlds.

The Realm of the Present...The Realm of darkness. The Realm of light.

And, The Realm of in-between.

In which one will I find sanctuary?

When the heart casts away the body, where does the body go?

Heart and soul are separate, and the soul remains in the body. But can we assume that the remaining body and soul perish?

Certainly when the heart changes into a Heartless, the body disappears.

Or does that apply solely to this realm? Could other beings similar to the Heartless exist in another realm?

If we take that to be the case, then there must be another form of oneself elsewhere.

An existence neither of darkness nor of light. An in-between existence. Cast off by the heart, a mere shell, one who begrudges both the darkness and the light.

This mystery cannot be easily resolved. The relationship between the heart and the body is a complex one.

But since we exist in this realm, our counterparts of another realm must not be existent.

Therefore I shall call them...

"The non-existent ones."

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By shanana

Anyone interested in doing anything Kingdom Hearts rpg's pm me.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#2  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

cool.

(bump!)

XASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By XASH

“I’m someone” Xash said opening her eyes for the first time to witness the blinding light. From the room, a sound of heavy machinery hard at work hit her ears. “What is this place?” she asked glancing around, everything she saw made absolutely no since to her. “Do you remember who you are?” a voice resounded through the room giving Xash freight. “Who are you…and what do you mean?” a portal of darkness opened and finally a man in a long black trench coat emerged. “I mean do you remember your true nature?” the man said summoning a weapon. The atmosphere quickly turned stale, the man rushed forward attacking; his intentions completely unknown.

She didn’t know what to do, so she protected herself by throwing her hands up to protect her face in this defensive measure something astonishing happened. “Don’t be afraid” a voice in her head said prompting her to open her eyes. When her eyes opened to the battlefield, she saw she had blocked the mysterious entities strike with a blade, a Keyblade. “Wha- what is this?” she said holding on to the blade feeling its radiant power surge through her body. “The Keyblade…” the man in the trench coat remarked amazed as well. Xash prepared herself to fight back that is until she heard another voice this one sounding a bit more sinister.

“The Keyblade…a truly remarkable weapon…passed down from master to apprentice. When you graduate from Apprentice to Master, you have two options. Either inherit your old master's world and reshape it to your liking, or just go off and find your own” Xash held the blade up marveling at its features swiping it down once she accepted the blade as her own. “I hope you’re ready for round two!” She said holding her blade in a defensive position.

“Let’s see what you got!” the cloaked figure replied back. The two figures rush across the masonic marbled floor striking at each other with their mighty blades. The battle sounds from the Keyblades made a euphoric music one that only the conductors knew the sheet music to. “Not bad…” the cloaked figure remarked whilst moving back a little ways. “It…comes naturally” she said taking a moment to just look at the keyblade. “The key blade has enhanced your mind body and soul…” The cloaked man said finally taking a passive voice. “Who are you?” Xash asked lowering her guard.

“Someone who knows you far more than you know yourself” the cloaked man responded starting to move forward just a bit. “Your heart once belonged to the darkness…and now you’re strong in the light.” He said stopping mid-way across the corridor; he could see that even in this fight’s intermission the young women still held her weapon in the defensive position. “What does that mean?” she said not being able to decipher the code. “It means you must confront the side of you that dwells in darkness and it won’t be easy” he said finally removing his hood. “But I Ansem the wise will get you back to your world”

“Ansem the wise?” She said thinking the name sounded so familiar; “My name is…Xash” she responded still keeping her distance.  “Come we have work to do” Ansem said disappearing into a corridor of darkness. “Is it safe?” Xash said a bit skeptical about the whole thing. “Just as long as you remain a pure heart it is” Ansem said from the belly of the dark portal.  Xash followed reluctantly and the two were off to Twilight town.

Morthina Arrived in the bronze Twilight town she looked around holding her Oblivion Key blade, the blade was fusing with her hands, giving off a dark aura she looked up at Axel; who looked like he was searching for someone, “WHO…ARE YOU LOOKING FOR” She said seeing that no one was in the area. “Kids” he said vaguely. Axel looked as if he had gone through it, Morthina noticed he always seemed to be talking about a girl that he never really knew, Then Roxas.  “The kids are the key” he said still looking around.

Morthina didn’t know what he was talking about; that is until she saw three kids who looked like they were incredibly close; she looked back up at Axel and saw he was holding his Chakram. She drew her blade and smiled she didn’t know what they were about to do, but she wanted to be ready. Axels’ flames surrounded the three kids; they looked around the ring of flames completely terrified.

Morthina lunged to attack but she was stopped in midair by a man in a hood wearing hood he was wearing similar clothing’s to that of Axel. “You...you have a Keyblade” he said stunned.

Morthina jumped into the air and bring her oblivion blade down on Riku, the impact caused both of their blades to spark. She took a brief moment of her time to glance over at Axel who had control of the three kids. “I’M TAKING THEM BACK TO THE STRONG HOLD FINISH HIM!” and with that he disappeared into the darkness corridor.

Morthina turned her attention back to Riku, he released some type of white orb of energy she caught it with her blade and repealed it knocking Riku to the ground. She stood over him with her Key blade in her hand ready to launch the final blow. She brought the evil blade down but, Riku blocked it as he struggled to his feet. Morthina took one hand off the blade and extended it to the right, little dark portal appeared all around Riku and the Heartless began to emerge. “Who are you” Riku asked amazed at how well she was able to command the darkness.

“Take a look at this tiny place. To the heart seeking freedom this place is a prison surrounded by water. And so this I sought to escape from prison. I sought a way to cross over into other worlds. And I opened my heart to darkness. I am Morthina the Vast Oblivion

Riku looked at her and then attempted slash her but a heartless jumped in the way, leaving him vulnerable to her dark wave that knocked him back into the wall.  She then opened a Portal behind her and walked into the Darkness.

Something then began to speak to her. “ Careful. This is the last haven you'll find here. Beyond, there is no light to protect you. But don't be afraid. Your heart is the mightiest weapon of all. Remember, you are the one who will open the door to the light.

Morthina turned around as if she had heard something, she continued into the darkness ignoring the warning.

The Heartless were using Morthina from the beginning. She failed to notice the darkness in her heart eating away at her.  But the presence made her feel good; it gave her a sense of belonging.

She emerged on the other side of the Portal at the Organization stronghold where she came face to face with Xemnas the leader. “Am I stronger than Riku…I mean my heart is it stronger?” she asked out of curiosity.

“For that instant, it was. However, you can become stronger. You showed no fear in stepping through the door to darkness. It held no terror for you. Plunger deeper into the darkness and your heart will grow even stronger. “So entering the darkness did make me fill this way” she said glancing at the keyblade.

“There is a light version of you her name is Xash she wields a Key blade as well known as the divine key blade. When she and you come together you make a being by the name of Kara but, since you’re so far into the darkness Kara cannot hear the calls from the blades; eventually you will have to confront her. “So I’m just half of another being…” Xemnas disappeared leaving Morthina to ponder her existence alone. 

(thanks)
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

Nice story!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Wow. *thumbs up*

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By OracleX

Very well written! I'm not that into fantasy realms but I know good writing when I see it. Each line strings together like music.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By shanana

lol wow thanks guys