Power Girl and Terra Capture Maxwell Lord (Fanfic)

theik2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By theik2

Power Girl and Terra Atlee Capture Maxwell Lord. Hi, I'm Atlee also known as Terra. I'm living in New York City with my best friend in the world, Karen, also known as Power Girl! We share an apartment with Stinky, Karen's cat. One morning before it was light Karen woke me up and said she found out where Maxwell Lord was hiding. She said he was hiding in a cabin in the Catskill Mountains north of NYC and we need to hurry to catch him. I have heard he was a real bad guy. I got up got dressed, put some bottled water and some snacks in a backpack and prepared to leave. I can throw boulders around but I can't fly so I hitch a ride with Karen. I ride piggyback. I got a good hold around her body and she took off flying. I guess she was using a GPS unit to find the place. I like to fly with her because she is so strong and reassuring. We landed outside of a cabin in the woods. Karen sent me to enter the cabin through the back door and she was going to use the front door. I waited for the signal and heard Karen scream. Karen isn't a screamer, so I panicked and raced to the front door. She was holding Maxwell Lord around the legs. I could see she was in a lot of pain. I tackled Lord and knocked him to the ground. He didn't see me coming and I put cuffs on his wrists and ankles and left him on the ground. I turned Karen over on her back and saw a rock about the size of a grenade held by a cord around her neck. She gasped out "kryptonite" and I removed the rock and threw it as far as I could. She was getting better but was still in a lot of distress. I dragged Lord over closer to Karen so I could sit on him and comfort her. She was trying to hold back the tears so I told her go ahead and cry. I cried too. After about a half hour she was able to speak. I asked her how she was doing and she said she was slowly getting better. I asked her about the kryptonite and she said it was from Earth-2 and she is sensitive to it. I asked Lord where he got the rock from and he refused to answer. Karen used her emergency beacons to call for Superman and Supergirl and the Justice Society of America for help. I continued to sit on Lord because I didn't want him to get away. After about a half hour Superman and Supergirl arrived. Karen told him that Lord burst out of the front door of the cabin and put the rock with the cord around her neck. Almost immediately she felt horrible pain in her ample bosom and general weakness but was able to grab Lord around the legs and hold on. I told him about my part. He asked Karen how she was doing and she said she was better. He said he needed to test this rock to make sure what it is. He said he suspected that he was immune to this Earth-2 kryptonite and that it was bad luck that Lord got it somehow. Lord wouldn't answer Superman's questions either. He asked Supergirl to stay with us until the JSA got there and he would take the rock to his lab. He bent over and gave Karen a hug and said she would be okay. He said he knew that she was suffering alot. I showed him where the rock was and he approached it carefully and found that he was immune to it. He flew off to his Fortress of Solitude where is his lab is. I got to go there and it is a truly awesome place. I call Supergirl Linda since both she and Karen share the name of Kara. She and I are great friends and I was glad to have her with me. My stomach started growling and I remembered the snacks I brought a long. I offered to share them but Karen refused. Linda said she should at least drink water. She ended up eating two granola bars. After about another half hour Stargirl, Cyclone and Anna Fortune from JSA arrived. Those three along with Supergirl searched the cabin and flew around the area but didn't find anything. They wrote up police reports and Cyclone, Stargirl and Anna Fortune flew Maxwell Lord to the state police headquarters. A short while later Karen said she was feeling well enough to fly home. I hitched a ride with Linda. She told me I could tighten my hold on her. I was a little concerned about flying with Linda since she is smaller than Karen, but she is a great flyer and we got home safely. Karen was exhausted by the flight and she went to bed immediately after putting on her nightgown.. Linda and I got hungry after a while and I went to the neighborhood pizzeria and picked up three large pizzas with the works. The smell of the pizzas woke Karen up and she joined us for dinner. We both ate our pizzas with gusto. Linda was concerned about the super-hot peppers and anchovies. We helped with them. We all sat down on the sofa to watch a movie. Karen got tired and went to bed. After about an hour she came out and laid down on the sofa on top of Linda and I. We giggled about it for a while but be had to wake her up. We tickled her and after wriggling for a bit Karen woke up and began to tickle us. I don't know how long this tickling war went on but I was sore from all the laughing. I didn't know I was so ticklish. It was time for all of us to go to bed. Linda and I shared my bed. Karen could sleepwalk again. I could hear Karen snoring softly next door. Linda and I got ready for bed, and after a little more giggling I fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning I smelled breakfast cooking. Karen made scrambled eggs, bacon and toast. Linda was already there and since they were so hungry they had already eaten. Karen served me a plateful and we sat around the table and talked while I ate. I was so hungry! I asked Karen how she was doing and she said almost completely well. She said that when the kryptonite hit her it felt like a red-hot elephant was sitting on her chest and she was very weak. Now the pain is all gone and her energy levels are approaching normal. She said she was so grateful. I said I was very glad that Karen was recovered and that Linda stayed with us. Later on Superman stopped by to check on the patient. He confirmed that the rock was some kind of kryptonite and that it was very disturbing that Lord had possession of it. He said that I had saved Karen's life and was crucial in capturing Lord. He said I was growing into a real superhero, and he was proud of me. I blushed. He gave all three of us a hug before departing for Metropolis. A delegation from the JSA stopped by to check on their chief. They brought flowers. Apparently Lord escaped from jail overnight. The JSA has issued an interplanetary alert to all superheroes to catch Lord if they see him. By the time they left it was late so Linda decided to spend another night with us. That's wonderful!