Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Onca: Warrior of Xibalba #1 - Wings of the Butterfly

For the original concept of this story check out Character Creation Contest #27

Cancun, Mexico - Fourteen Years after the 'Death' of Dr Elise Cartwright

Little Jenny Olson watched as the massive American Crocodile slithered off the mud bank into the lagoon. Ever since her parents had let her watch Lake Placid on cable a few months back she had become obsessed with the giant reptiles. Finding out that there would be crocodiles near the hotel on their annual vacation, was the metaphorical cherry on top of the ice-cream.

“Mummy can I go in with the crocodiles?” Jenny asked as her mum took a few photos of the lagoon.

“No you’re twelve years old, you are not going anywhere near the water!!” Her mother snapped as she zoomed in on what looked like a coconut drifting on the surface of the placid water.

“But Mum that lady is in the water!” Jenny moaned as her mother zoomed the camera lens in further, only to see the item she thought had been a coconut seemingly rise from the water, as a Hispanic woman walked up the mud bank and headed for shore. As she passed the crocodile the reptile let out a low below and shot away from her, the massive reptile clearly afraid of the swimmer. “See the crocodiles are harmless.” Jenny whined as the woman, now revealed to be wearing nothing but a long green skirt arrived at the lagoon wall, before hoisting herself up.

“Are you okay?” Jenny’s mother gasped as the woman stared at her with what were both the most feral and beautiful eyes she had ever seen on a woman. They looked almost like liquid amber, with a pair of beetles entombed inside acting as pupils. The swimmers body was no less impressive, she looked like an athlete and even the tattoos adorning her torso and breasts were beautiful in an odd way.

“I’m fine.” The swimmer purred. “Now where is Mariposa?”

“Mariposa I…I don’t know what that means.” Jenny’s mum gulped as the woman cracked her knuckles.

“It’s butterfly in Spanish mum.” Jenny said causing the questioner to stare at her.

“We don’t know anyone called butterfly.” Jenny’s mum stammered as the woman looked her up and down, taking in her green tube top, khaki shorts and the ballet flats she was wearing. “Now please just leave.”

“Okay but know that you have just helped Onca come one step closer to her prey.” Onca told them before flashing them a smile.

Onca strode down the street, now dressed in the tube top, shorts and shoes she had stolen from the woman at the lagoon. She had come close to slaying them but deep down she knew that her first kill had to be special, and not two tourists who had done little to her besides be annoying. The man she was following however was a different story, dressed in khakis and with a woman on each arm he had the stink of corruption on him. While his name remained a mystery his crimes didn’t, one of Mariposa’s professional recruiters, his job was to lure female tourists to his boss. From there they were dosed with a street narcotic called ‘Succubus’ which warped the women’s minds, making them docile and easier to control. Where they went from there Onca didn’t want to think about it.

“Excuse me.” Onca called to the man. “I’m looking for the way back to my hotel, can you point me towards the lagoon.”

”Hmm, perhaps I can show you.” The man purred. “We were just heading to a local restaurant where the sea-bass is exquisite. To miss it would be criminal Miss…”

”Cartwright.” Onca answered. “Elise Cartwright. I’m here for a week before going back to Santa Fe. And I’d love to.” She added. “You only live once right?”

“Right.” The man answered. “I’m Stefan and this is Katie from England and Martha from Germany. They are also on vacation.” He added as Onca hooked onto his arm and shot a jealous look at the woman whose place she had taken.

After a short walk the four travellers reached a waterfront mansion, its walls covered with honeysuckle and swarming with hummingbirds and butterflies. Tapping an entry code Stephan lead the women inside and through the beautiful jungle garden, the natural beauty only occasionally interrupted by the occasional security guard masquerading as a gardener. Katie and Martha seemed to buy the masquerade but Onca silently counted the number of guns that would be between her and the exit.

“Wait here and I will check on the cook.” Stephan ordered as he ducked inside the house. Rolling her eyes Martha sat down on the steps while Kelly went to the nearest gardener and waved her hand in front of his face.

“These guys are like…bluk.” Before she could finish a dart whistled through the plants and embedded in her arm. Picking the mini broad-headed projectile out of her arm she looked at her wound before collapsing to the floor. With a scream Martha was on her feet and running to the gate only for a bolas to come whirling out of the foliage and wrap round her feet, the weight sending her slamming to the floor. Tensing up Onca ran for the house only for a second weighted bolas to catch her on the side of her face, the blow stunning her as the ambushers emerged from the bushes.

“He’s Styx.” The man dressed in a cotton shirt and board shorts stated as he swung a bolas with one hand and pointed to his companion with the other.

“And he’s Stone.” The other man stated as her removed a long barrelled blow-gun from the holster across his polo shirt. “Hopefully we won’t break too many bones.” He added before firing a dart at Onca, the tip injecting into her neck. Groggily she pulled the dart out before feeling an almost bone shattering impact on her legs as Stone threw the bolas at her.

“I’m going to sue the two of you for assault.” Onca groaned, as she kept up the façade of being another helpless tourist.

“Please your names can not hurt us.” Stone stated as he and Styx walked over to where Onca was now down on her knees, the toxins splattered across the tip now fighting to shut-down her enhanced nervous system. “But we can hurt you.” He added as in one fluid movement the pair slammed their boots into Onca’s face, the blow knocking her out.

“And I will do a lot worse to you.” A woman’s voice added as Stephan emerged in the doorway accompanied by a raven haired woman, her tanned skin barley covered by the mini skirt and bikini top she wore. “Welcome to hell girls, your vacations just got extended…indefinitely.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Jenny Olson? Is she by any chance related to a certain Ginger Haired Reporter for the Daily Planet? Nice stuff!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

Great starting point, totally saw Styx and Stones' final line coming but it worked nicely with the tone of the situation.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Her mother is named Mary Kate or maybe Ashley

@joshmightbe: Thanks. Trust me when Onca cuts loose those two are going to regret those lines

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#6  Edited By cbishop
Are those two goons supposed to be this Styx and Stone?
Are those two goons supposed to be this Styx and Stone?

@impurestcheese: I think that last word is supposed to be "indefinitely," not "indefinably."

Added to my FF Long Box - Authors. :) (The "#0" too! [CCC 27])

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Groovy. Reminds me of the Lady in the water..but good, and badass.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Nope totally different. There are no ties to any existing comic verse here.

@Guardiandevil83: Cool thanks. But Onca is no hippie water nymph, she's vengeance incarnatw

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers