Odd Iid: This New World

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VyseCarma

He is a creature, pale, with long sharp and jagged teeth. He supposed he must have eyes, or how else would he see this bright ultra-violet world? His mouth twisted up into a smile. He is a creature, thats how. His four fingered hand wrapped around the stone nose of the gargoyle.

Do I have one of these? he thought to himself. He proded his fingers against his face feeling nothing but narrow slits in his face just above his lips.

His smile dropped a bit, "I wonder what its for?"

Something moved in the alley way below, probabbly that girl. Damn thing felt like she owned him. He sat up and thought, Nothing owns me! He shifted about nervously, Do they?

He gave a powerful inhale with the holes in his face, Oh! What's that? It's like feeling with... whatever these things are.

He stood, his legs stretching upwards until he was a full 7 feet tall and stoped. He was still haunched over but he felt perfectly fine at this hight. He leaned foreward on the gargoyle and looked about down into the bright lights below. Large creatures growling through the streets with glowing eyes. He studied each of them as they moved, or when they stopped.

He watched as they stopped and opened their large jaws at the side of thier bodies and the smaller creatures standing around would just jump into them.

He was taken back by this.

"What are these creatures?" he asked himself, how could they just get these smaller, obviously lesser intelctual creatures to just jump on in? He stopped, do the smaller creatures... feel good against your tounge?

"They're called cars," A voice called from behind.

He spun on his heels almost losing his footing on the gargoyle. He dug his clawed toes into the gargoyle to help keep his balance. Catching site of the girl his shoulders slackened, "Its you."

The girl, maybe sixteen at most had dark fur yet powdered her skin into such a pale color she almost matched him only to apply a dark goo around her eyes. He felt confused, what exactly was she? He shrugged, might as well ask her he had no better source of information.

"Where am I?" he asked.

The girl frowned, "New York City."

"New York?" he thought for a second, then asked, "Where is that?"

She gave him a wierd look, her face was so... expressionless... to him. As if she couldn't seem to move her mouth up past her eyes, how was he supposed to know when she smiled?

"You really don't know where New York is?" She asked.

"Haven't a clue," He said no longer smiling and letting his mouth hang opem, was she toying with him? Surely if she pulled him into this world he wouldn't know what anything was, would he?

"You really don't know how you got here?" she asked.

He thought about it, he did remember something. A dark room with small candles burning around a circle. He'd felt the circle with the holes in his face before he'd seen it. It was made of something sticky, bright and... felt as if it would feel good against his tounge...

Something growled close by causing him to jump, "What was that?"

"Your stomache growled," She said.

"My what?" he asked, she seemed to know something about him that he didn't.

"You're stomache?" She said pointing at his mid section, "The thing that you fill with food?"

He cocked his head to the side, "Food?"

She ran a hand through her dark hair, "Yeah, you know..."

But he didn't.

"Things that taste good?" She tried.

He twitched backwards, "Taste?"

"Dear God," she breathed, "You really don't know anything do you?"

"What's a," He forced his forced the word out his tounge rolling across the top of his mouth, "Glob?"

It was her turn to be taken back, "God?"

He nodded violently, "Yeah that!"

She frowned, or he assumed it was a frown her mouth didn't sag below her face, "He's the Big Guy, you know?"

But he didn't.

"The one that sits up in the sky, listens to you whine and tries to make your life better?" She tried.

He looked up at the sky, there was a big round thing up there, bright super bright. He pointed to it, "That?"

She followed his finger, "No, no, no. Thats the moon."

He looked at it again, "Well. Wouldn't Glob be upset that something else is in his place?"

Her shoulders sagged and her head dropped, he recognised this expression as one of frustration, "Look forget I said anything about it."

"How do I do that?" He asked, these small creatures could just forget things at a whim?

Maybe thats how those "Cars" could eat them and they kept getting in. He supposed it would be a little tramatic to watch a member of ones race eaten infront of you.

She held her hands up, "Oh, sweet Jesus!"

"What's a J-" He started but she held her hand up.

"Stop," She said holding up a fur covered hand, "Please, stop?"

He studdied her for a moment, then leaned forward and in haled with the slits. She wore something that felt good in them, like sweetened air that clang to her fur. He gripped a patch of it and pulled a little. He gasped, "You're fur is coming off!"

She yanked it back, "That not fur! Its my sweater!"

He stood up straight with his head cooked to the side, "A what?"

"Jes-" she started then stopped, folding one arm under her chest and the other rubbed her eyes, "So let me get this striaght, you don't know what taste is, you don't know what a religion is, and you've never seen clothes? Did I miss anything?"

He smiled at her, back to slouching, "What are you?"

She smacked the palm of her hand into her forehead. Hey! he thought, She has five fingers!

The girl looked him in the eyes with her own. At least he thought she was, there was little black balls in them focusing on his face, "My name is Jammie, I'm whats called a human."

He frowned his mouth dropping past his face, "Do you feel good against a tounge?"

She was taken back by the strange question, "You mean do I taste good?"

He nodded, "Yes, you certainly look as if you do."

She shook her head, "I don't think so."

He's smile returned as he looked her up and down, "Well, there's only one way to find out."

Her eyes widened, "Wait!"

But it was to late and he'd already lunged for her...

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Referee  Online

I liked it, but then i'm no writer. The best part for me was I really saw the creature learning for the first time. Jammie was also believable but I question why she wasn't alarmed or at least set back for a second in the face of a monster. The last line was also a shocker, I never saw it coming!

Nice Work, I'm looking forward to more, PM when you do.

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VyseCarma

@Referee: Thank you for you're reply :D

I'll explain the whys about of Jammie not being totally freaked out next time, which I plan on posting tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get at least three more comments on it though expressing interest otherwise I'm only going up to five.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Referee  Online

@VyseCarma: Well just make sure to PM when the next chapters are up. I'm also hoping for an in-depth description of the creature.

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VyseCarma

Will do, sir.

Avatar image for underdogs_overboard
UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the first sentence and assumed it would be scary so I did not continue reading...

nice one though link this to my love she might love it...

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By deadpoolrules

Cool man,very cool.

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VyseCarma

Thanks man :)

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Pretty cool dude. :) And I like that the creature isn't explained, so he's mysterious. Not like BAM it's Slenderman.

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VyseCarma

So

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

@VyseCarma:

Make it vague. Explanation removes mystery, which makes it less nerve wracking. Ex. Michael Myers in Halloween was freaky because he was an unstoppable human. But then in part 6 it was revealed he was cursed, so people where like " Oh. So he gets shot. Meh. He'll come back healed in an hour."