Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

“It’s been a tough week. Tears, blood, a broken arm, but still they’re standing. Proud. But the time has come to say goodbye to one of our hopefuls.” The man in the expensive suit with the perfect smile and radio styled voice emerged from the darkness into the spotlight. “America. This…is BRIGADE!”

The audience erupted in enthusiastic applause as the opening credits flashed up on the jumbotron’s around the soundstage. Fireworks went off as a group of costumed people steeped up to a podium and waved to the adoring crowd.

“I’m Riley Zekrust,” said the man as he wandered over to a desk where three other costumed people sat “And these are our judges. Badrock! Battlestone! And Vogue! How are you Vogue?”

“Always good Riley,” she purred.

“I hear you’ve got something special for us tonight?”

“That’s right Riley,” she stood up and addressed the audience “Under each and every seat tonight is a gift bag courtesy of me and Vogue Cosmetics!”

The audience went ballistic as they scrambled to get the exclusive makeup that cost a fortune. Vogue clapped the audience like a chimpanzee as Riley moved over to the large stone man in the centre.

No Caption Provided

“How is America’s favourite lawn ornament?” joked Riley as he high-fived Badrock.

“All good dawg!” chuckled Badrock “Looking forward to a great show. Just a shame someone’s gotta split.”

“Very true,” Riley nodded and turned his attention to the man on the end, the man who didn’t want to be here but was contractually obligated to be, “Battlestone.”

Battlestone snarled and folded his arms “Zekrust.”

“Thoughts?”

Battlestone rolled his eyes, he hated this puppet show but he had no real choice. “Coldsnap or Warwolf is going home tonight. Hopefully both.”

The audience booed and jeered his remark, Riley laughed as he turned back to the contestants. “America has voted Brigade hopefuls. But one of you tonight IS going home. We’ll find out…after these messages.”

“And we’re clear!” shouted the production manager as the set sprung to life. Riley dropped his million dollar smile as he exhaled, snapping his fingers for a lackey to bring him a drink.

No Caption Provided

“Hey John! Would it kill you to put some effort in?”

Battlestone rubbed the ivory skull embedded in his forehead “Riley, I’m here to make a viable super hero squad not chit chat with the hired help.”

“DAWG! You got burned!” laughed Badrock as he signed autographs for the fans.

Riley clenched his pristine teeth in frustration “Oh shut up Thomas!”

“We’re back in three!” yelled the production manager as the cameras swung into postions. “Can I get Brigade assembled centre stage.”

“My l…”

A giant blueish grey hand shot out and grabbed the servants head. “How many times do I have to tell you insects…”

SQUELCH!

Prince Genocide flicked the blood, brain and skull off his hand as he turned his attention back to the television screen as Brigade came back on. “I AM WATCHING MY SHOW!”

“A thousand grovelling pardons my Prince,” said a low voice from a safe distance. The Prince glanced over to see his major domo Grevet bowing deeply.

“What?”

“What your insolent rude servant was trying to tell you before you justly and wisely executed him,” said Grevet “Was the portal back to Earth…”

“Is it open?” snapped Genocide as he inched forward on his throne towards the screen as the program restarted.

“No my lord bu…”

“SILENCE!” roared Genocide “The Zekrust is speaking!”

“Welcome back!” said Riley as he walked across the stage “America has voted in record numbers on who is safe for another week on Brigade. But someone is going home.”

A spotlight focused on a line of costumed people standing in the centre of the stage.

“When I call your name, please step forward.” Riley checked the cards in his hands “Coldsnap!”

No Caption Provided

The audience responded in cries of shock and awe. Coldsnap hung his head and stepped forward.

“Warwolf!”

Again the audience cried. The hairy hero with his arm in a sling stepped forward.

“Stasis!”

The blonde woman held back tears as she stepped forward.

“America has voted. You three received the lowest votes.” Riley said as he joined them on stage. “The rest of you are safe! Let’s see WHAT happened last week to see WHY you ended up in the bottom three!”

To be continued…

** All these characters created and owned by Rob Liefeld. Yup Rob Liefeld! Love him or hate him he has made more comics, drawn more pictures and earnt more money than well probably all of us combined here on the fan-fic section. I hate the way he draws feet and adds pouches to everything but his creations have potential hence this story.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Don't know much about Image will admit. Still it's an interesting concept. Superhero X-Factor. Wonder what happens to the ones who lose?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yo Batkev do you guys need any writers? I got Ideas for Supreme, Shaft and and Star.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: So far hadn't thought about making this a group, let me think on it

@impurestcheese: Just like reality music shows the losers pop up in community theatre :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#5  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Funny, I was just thinking the last couple of days that I hardly ever see Image fan-fic, and I was thinking particularly about Brigade. Then I moved on, because I know next to nothing about the characters. This American Idol approach is better suited to Youngblood though, and was the very basis of Wildguard.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: I also had the lightbulb "There's no Image FF" and this was going to be my idea for the group Image Genesis that never got past the idea stage several years ago here.

I chose Brigade as Youngblood is a silly name for a show and also I was going to use them as mentors for the show. We'll see how we go

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Youngblood as mentors? That's an oxymoron. ;)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: True but the idea of Chapel on a reality show didn't quite work for me. They'll probably pop up

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Good enough. I'm just here for the ride, sir. Btw, I have a question for you at some point...have to dig into an old computer first though. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: Well hang onto your hat coz part 2 is...well it's being written.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers