Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

New Crisis- Prologue

A storm is brewing over the buildings of Metropolis. Every outsider on the streets was running off to their homes, some of them waiting for their ride to arrive. Except for the people who stayed inside the restaurants, hoping that the hard rain could stop at any moment. Or some of them were simply enjoying their meal. One man at the top of the building, LexCorp stayed inside the office, looking out the window, the rain drops coming through the plain glass. He kept his hands firmly on his back, enjoying the darkest storm outside the tower. Lex Luthor, the man of power and will always be. He smiled at no one, but only imagining at himself. There was excitement in his eyes. He turned over to his desk, opened the drawer, and staring at an object. This object contained vital information to his cause. It was something that Lex Luthor couldn’t resist.

This is it, he thought. Everything that I have here will make every hero fall to their knees. Lex always wanted to bring Superman down. There are times that he succeeded, then failed and succeeded again. But there was no point. However, Lex has found a way, a weapon that could very well destroy the Justice League down the road. He couldn’t wait to inform the others, the Secret Society about his dirty, little secret.

A sound buzzed from his phone. He clicked the button and answered the call.

“Yes?”

“Mr. Luthor? Are you...okay?” The woman spoke nervously. It was her new secretary after the recent one got fired. Lex almost regretted for doing it, but had no choice. He wanted a better one, with great qualities and tight security abilities.

“I’m fine, Sandra,” Lex said with his firm voice. “Is there a problem?”

The new secretary paused. She wanted to tell Lex of what was about to happen in his office. She was too scared to mention it.

“Mr. Luthor...I...” Sandra paused again.

“My dear Sandra,” Lex said out of patience. “If there’s something you want to tell me urgently, I suggest...”

Before Lex continued speaking further, a door blasted open inside the office. Lex Luthor ducked down behind his desk, covering himself from the blast. The pieces of wood and the concrete wall fell all over the place. Lex opened his eyes to see who just blew up his new door. A dark figure arrived through the smoke, revealing his black costume. For once, Lex thought it could be Batman who knew what he was about to do. But the figure turned out to be entirely different.

“Hello, Luthor,” the dark figure said. He had red-eye goggles on his mask. His suit had some kind of weaponry on him. It seems that this dark-suited figure was a mercenary, which Lex couldn’t tell. He coughed a bit through the smoke, got up from his hiding place. He was astounded to see some sort of vigilante have arrived at LexCorp and managed to bypass security, even the new secretary. For that, Lex will have to fire her, even though it wasn’t her fault.

“Oh my...” Lex said with a smile. “I didn’t know I had new fans.”

“Shut up!” The dark, unknown figure said angrily. “Hand over the disk, Luthor.”

“Why would I do that?”

The black figure didn’t respond to his question. Of course, the figure never really intended to tell anyone of his own doing and his purpose of taking the disk from Lex Luthor. Lex himself thought this unknown figure was sent here by the rest of the Justice League. But something was different about him. The tone of his voice and his mysterious appearance, it’s something that Lex hadn’t met this superhero before. He must be new in town.

“And what if I don’t?”

The figure took out a gun from his suit, pointing at the powerful, bald man. Lex didn’t expect this. He started to smile, and then laughed a bit.

“It’s not funny, Luthor,” the dark figure said. “If you don’t hand over that disk, I’ll do the impossible.”

“Really?” Lex Luthor said with a smirk. “I’ve been beaten time and again by my superior foes, including the one called Man of Steel and you really think you can do the impossible? Give me a break.”

The dark figure didn’t have time for this. He only came here to get the disk. Without that disk, all hope will be lost and the heroes of the entire world may depend on it.

“I’m warning you, Luthor,” the dark figure said. “I’ll...”

Suddenly, the two well-armed security guards came into the office. They began to fire. The figure swept away from the bullets. He aimed his gun at them, firing back. The bullets shot through their chests. They fell down, dead and it made Lex Luthor a bit uneasy. He moved immediately to take the gun from his drawer, just in time to shoot the mysterious intruder. But the dark figure stopped him by shooting Luthor’s left arm. Lex cried out as he tried to take his gun from the drawer.

“I told you, Luthor,” the dark figure said. “I can do the impossible.”

Lex Luthor was sweating a bit. He felt like something struck him. But what? Then he realized these bullets were not ordinary. The dark figure must have put something inside these bullets to make him sick. The world around him began to fade away. His vision came back a bit and then went off. He fell on the ground, and then looked up at the figure, standing right in front of him. The figure looked around the desk and found the disk on one of the opened drawers. He took the small, white disk out, emptied it into his pocket.

Lex couldn’t get up. He felt so weak that he couldn’t even manage to fight off whoever this heart-cold vigilante is. He stood up, staggering a bit.

The figure was about to walk away from the office. He stopped. He thought of one thing he couldn’t leave behind. Lex Luthor was a smart man and he would do anything to catch him. That also includes learning his real identity. It would prove a great risk on this mission. This was the only way.

“Goodbye, Luthor.” The figure turned around to face the weakened Lex Luthor. A shot was fired as the lightning occurred beside LexCorp. The blood splattered on the wall. Lex Luthor fell down on the floor. Before the moments of his death, Lex had never thought one vigilante; one hero would end his cause. Then he closed his eyes with a short smile.

The dark figure entered outside the Luthor’s office. He looked around the dead bodies of the security guards, even the overnight workers at LexCorp. He never thought that he would go beyond the law, something that Batman would not approve. But killing these employees, who hadn’t the faintest idea of what’s going on, was something out of the ordinary. The Justice League will come to know what had happened here. The investigation will occur. Batman and the Flash will try to find out who made this awful mess and killing the most powerful villain in the world. All the heroes will prepare. The Secret Society will come for him.

Sandra, the new secretary shook a bit behind her desk. She was too scared to call the police. Her life was far more important than anyone else around here, including Lex Luthor. For once in a lifetime she got a real job, and now this awful thing happened right in front of her eyes. She wanted to scream.

The doors opened from the elevator. The dark figure came out slowly, walking in the quiet hallways, full of dead bodies. Sandra tried to turn away from the dark figure. The figure stopped. Sandra knew it was her turn to die.

“Please...don’t...I’ve...I’ve told you...I...” She cried out in tears fearing for her life. The dark figure cared less. He pointed the gun towards her head.

“I’m sorry...” the dark figure said slowly. The bullet went through Sandra’s head.

The dark figure finally did it. His mission was successful, but it was far from over. He made sure that no traces of his evidence would be left behind. He opened the sliding doors of the entrance, looked up at the violent storm shuddering the skies and the buildings of Metropolis.

“Black Weapon!” A voice broke through his communication link. “Black Weapon, can you hear me?”

“Yeah...” The dark figure known as the Black Weapon, replied. “I hear you loud and clear.”

“Did you get the disk?” The unknown voice asked.

“Yeah...I did.” The sound of the Black Weapon’s voice was so cold that the voice on the other end couldn’t tell what actually happened at LexCorp.

“Are you okay, Black Weapon?” The unknown voice on the other end of the communication line, asked. “Is something wrong?”

This time, the Black Weapon didn’t reply. He took a few moments, breathing the air around him.

“I killed him,” the Black Weapon said.

The voice on the other line froze. After a few seconds, the voice replied, “Wh-What?”

“I killed Lex Luthor,” the Black Weapon said again.

“Why? You...You were only supposed to steal the disk from him...Not...”

“Enough!” The Black Weapon said. “It’s done. Right now, I need a break.”

“What about the disk?” The voice said.

“There’s time,” the Black Weapon said. “I’ll get it to you once my break is over. Don’t worry. It’s safe in my hands...For now.”

To be continued in New Crisis, Chapter 1- The Death of Lex Luthor.

Holy Crap! Lex Luthor is dead? What’s going on here? Who is this Black Weapon? What kind of information did the disk contain? Find out in this event series, New Crisis.

Next, Lex Luthor is dead. Clark Kent also known as Superman is investigating his former opponent’s death. What will Luthor’s death mean for him after all that he’s done in the past? In Gotham City, Bruce Wayne also known as Batman meets up with Stranger to find out if his mysterious organization has anything to do with Lex Luthor’s death. Then in the planet Oa, Sinestro who was now a captive under the orders of the Guardians hears the news of the late Secret Society leader.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edited.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@the_impersonator: Suddenly, there were two security guards, well-armed with guns came into the office. That's a little clunky. Maybe two well armed security guards instead maybe

And you killed Lex! Nice, but I'm dubious (coz I read comics) so we'll wait and see if he stays dead. Interesting person this Black Weapon, whoever it is. Good job

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Suddenly, there were two security guards, well-armed with guns came into the office. That's a little clunky. Maybe two well armed security guards instead maybe

And you killed Lex! Nice, but I'm dubious (coz I read comics) so we'll wait and see if he stays dead. Interesting person this Black Weapon, whoever it is. Good job

Thanks for the correction. I checked it twice and noticed the error.

Yeah. I've been thinking to do that. It's really interesting to see how this one plays out. It's similar to the Final Crisis storyline. Who killed Orion? This will all focus on who killed Superman's main foe and how it will affect both heroes and villains.

Thanks.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

Edited.