Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

New Crisis, Chapter 4- Game of Thrones

Paradise Island

Wonder Woman stood at the top of the hill, watching the sun lowering down below the vast sea. The sky was almost black and it was time for Diana Prince to take the reign of Themyscira also known as Paradise Island. Most of the women live on this island, protecting themselves against certain threats from the outside world, even if it means they have to battle the enemies within the island.

Donna Troy and Wonder Girl appeared before Wonder Woman. They were waiting for her, not to mention all the women of Paradise Island. Wonder Woman wasn’t sure to take the throne and rule over the island. It wasn’t something that Diana could be ready for. She could do so many wonderful things, helping people in the outside world, but not as wonderful as this. Wonder Woman turned towards her sisters.

“It is time,” Donna Troy said. She was the most, beautiful person ever known to mankind. She came back from the dead, countless times and no matter how much pain she endured in the past, she always does come back. Her black costume sparkled like blinking stars throughout space. Wonder Girl thought that Donna could be powerful than Diana here. She was supposed to stay with the Teen Titans, helping them to fight the bad guys and even locate the real killer behind Lex Luthor’s death.

Wonder Woman didn’t say a word. She wanted to tell her mother, who was about to throw her crown away and give it to her, that she wasn’t ready. But there was no one else. Not any other single woman could take over the throne. Wonder Woman has to come in terms, dealing with the fact that she has to do this. She didn’t have a choice, even Donna knew that. Wonder Woman hoped that Donna could take her mother’s place, since she seemed too powerful enough to take over Paradise Island. But Donna had other things in mind.

“Are you ready, Diana?” Donna said, just making sure that she was ready to take her mother’s place.

“I’m ready, Donna,” Diana replied. “As I always will be.”

Wonder Girl wasn’t too sure about this idea. She may be the daughter of an archaeologist and the father of the gods, Zeus. But that doesn’t mean she hated Diana for becoming the new queen of Paradise Island. She liked her a lot, and stood up to her. She learned special, required skills from her. Without her, Cassie wouldn’t have become Wonder Girl.

The three sisters walked over to the Kingdom of Paradise Island. Wonder Woman looked back a little at the falling sun. She almost seemed to forget that the sun was once beautiful as her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In her throne, Queen Hippolyta waited inside the large, domed building that housed several statutes of the Greek gods and goddesses. She had been the strongest woman ever lived to see the night and day of her island. Because of her ruling and tactics, the female warriors of the island were able to withstand the enemy attacks from the outside world. She felt that making her daughter, Diana the next ruler of Themyscira would be the wisest decision and it was not an easy one.

Behind her, a man named Steve Trevor walked inside the building. He was the only man, who was allowed access to Paradise Island, not just because of Woman Woman’s request. Steve proved to be the strongest warrior, defending the island. Who knows that someday there will be male Amazons, fighting among the females? That was like a woman’s dream come true.

The queen noticed Steve, standing next to her. He also stared at the statues. Coming from the outside world must have a great affect on the island. He didn’t feel embarrassed about it. The only man to live among these beautiful women was something out of a man’s dream or some college kid for that matter.

“I heard the news,” Steve said, not looking towards the queen.

“Yes, you have,” the queen said. “It was a hard decision to make.”

Steve turned away from the statues, staring at the beautiful face of Diana’s mother. She was more beautiful as Diana. But it was not the attraction that’s happening here. Steve came here to confirm if Hippolyta’s decision was right.

“Quite frankly,” Steve said. “I don’t mind Diana to become a new heir. But is this what Diana wants? I’m not too sure to make of it.”

Queen Hippolyta came closer to Steve, touching his left shoulder. “It must be done. I have been told by the Fates and their prophecies. I have seen their visions as well. Of what they said was true, the power of this island will be balanced between man and god.”

“Umm...” Steve said. “What does that mean?” He seems too confused of this whole Greek mythological idea. He had learned some classes about it, but that was just pretty much it.

“It means that Diana will become...” the queen stopped as she heard the building rumbling around her. Steve also felt the shakiness. It must be an earthquake.

Then a wall got broken out. Some of the statues fell on the marble floor. Steve helped Queen Hippolyta to duck down to prevent further fallout.

A shadowy figure, big and strong entered the broken building. He was carrying a large axe, which would able to cut through solid steel. His helmet was worn at the top of his head. It was Ares, the god of war.

Who’s that? Steve thought, didn’t realize of who the large figure was. But when the queen turned around to watch the quite, bulky figure, she gasped and stared in horror.

“By Zeus!” She said a bit loud. “It’s Ares.”

“Ares?” Steve said. He looked at the big god again, realizing he was the son of Zeus. This was the first time; he had met an actual god. He never thought such a thing would exist in his lifetime.

“HIPPOLYTA!” Ares cried out as if his voice was breaking through the walls of the building. “You’re making a big mistake!”

“I’m not!” Hippolyta said, standing up firmly with her hands clenched. This was bound to happen, since she decided to pass her torch to Diana.

“We shall soon see,” Ares said. He raised his large axe and ran towards her. Steve pushed the queen out of the way. The axe almost cut the young man. He moved aside as quickly as possible. Then he raised a gun, shooting bullets at the god.

What am I thinking? Steve thought. These bullets couldn’t kill a god. He thinks of another plan. If any history lesson had taught him something, that would be right moment to strike. He decided to take out another large axe, from the statue of a Minotaur. At first, the weapon felt a bit heavy. But Steve managed to hold it firmly with the strong grip on his hands. Queen Hippolyta stared at Steve with wonder and at the same time, crazy enough to battle a god.

“You are serious?” Ares said. “You think you can defeat me?”

“We shall soon see,” Steve said the same statement as Ares. He raised the axe, rushing towards the god. He swung the axe, which almost hit the god’s armour. The armour only broke a little, since the Minotaur’s axe was also strong enough to break through anything. Ares knocked Steve on his face. The brutal strength of a god, made Steve flying over the other side of the building.

“Steve!” Queen Hippolyta cried out. She hoped that Steve wouldn’t die under Ares, the god of war. He wasn’t the god to mess up with. She sure wished that his father, Zeus could stop him. But she felt that this event has something to do with her bad decision of making Diana, the next queen of Paradise Island. She knew it was her fault. No matter, she took a spear from the statue of Athena and threw it behind the back of Ares. The god of war cried in pain.

Ares looked back at the queen, planning to kill her right at the precise moment before Diana could prevent him from doing so. He took Athena’s spear out, throwing it away. Ares jumped above and landed down the ground that made it shook violently. The buildings tumbled over, leaving everything broken behind and the non-Amazonian warriors cried out in terror.

Steve almost opened his eyes slightly. He felt the pain shooting through his mind as he tried to get up. He never got hit by a god before, yet alone he could stand up and fight. Steve saw the entire buildings came crashing down like thunder.

Ares stood before Queen Hippolyta, who lied down on the floor, bloodied. She tried to get up, but the impact of a strong god affected her much. She felt the pain rushing through her veins. Ares took out his sword, rising high.

“Die, my queen!” Ares cried out. He stabbed her hard on the gut. Steve was shocked to see that the current queen of Hippolyta screamed out in pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later, the three sisters rushed towards the rubble. They saw Steve holding the dying queen under his arms.

“Mother...” Diana was almost lost without words. She came quickly towards her mother’s side. Hippolyta smiled.

“Mother!” Diana cried out, hoping that her mother couldn’t die. Not at a time like this. “Mother! Who...Who did this to you?”

“It...It...was...” the queen tried to speak. But she was full of pain. Donna Troy and Cassie looked in shock.

“It was Ares, Diana,” Steve said, finishing the queen’s sentence. He closed his eyes, feeling sorry that he couldn’t protect the queen. “Diana...I’m...”

“Mother! Please don’t die,” Diana stopped him. “Please! I...I need you.”

Queen Hippolyta raised her hand, touching Diana’s soft cheek. She felt the tears coming from her daughter’s eyes. Then she passed away.

“No...” Diana said. She can feel the soul that left her mother’s body. It was done. “No...NOOOOO!”

In the other side of Paradise Island, Ares returned to his holy temple. The crackling sounds came from within. It was Hephaestus, the Greek god of fire and weaponry. Ares had no doubt about his brother’s lovely creations. Hephaestus adored them, with all his might. Without his brother’s help, Ares couldn’t stand a chance to defeat the Amazonians, not even a god himself.

“Ah, dear brother,” Hephaestus said as he was knocking the newly weapon with an iron hammer. “How was your quest?”

“The quest was simple, brother,” Ares said. “That queen proved to be more difficult to deal with. But it was quite simple.”

Hephaestus smiled. “I could not imagine if that Wonder Woman were to defeat you, brother.”

“Will you shut up?” Ares said angrily. “Just do your dirty work.”

“Okay, my dear brother,” Hephaestus said. “I ‘m only just saying. You have been defeated countless times by that wonderful woman. Or shall I say...beautiful.”

Ares looked at him as if though he was about to punch his younger brother in the back. Hephaestus may be annoying, but he was resourceful in making his weapons. Every weapon has been piled up around the temple.

“Oh yes, I forgot,” Hephaestus stopped his work shortly. “There is someone here to see you.”

Ares turned around to face a dark-suited man standing near his throne. The god of war had met him once before. This man, whoever he was, somehow came to Paradise Island, just to tell Ares to kill Queen Hippolyta.

“He seemed so rather quiet,” Hephaestus whispered to his older brother’s ear. “Very quiet, indeed.”

Without saying anything, Ares stepped into the throne room to meet the black-suited man. The man called the Black Weapon, turned to face the god of war.

“Was your job successful?” The Black Weapon said.

“Yes, it was,” Ares said. Sometimes, he wished that this unknown intruder just go away and mind his own mortal business. He always wanted to ask the Black Weapon of why the queen had to be dead. For some unknown reason, this may not be the best time to ask questions, now that Ares have got what he wanted for, the reign of Paradise Island.

“Good,” the Black Weapon walked to the blacksmith room, where Hephaestus was still working on the weapon.

“Ah...finished,” the god of fire looked at the precious weapon, a bazooka of some kind. “Here you go, Black Weapon. I hope you do enjoy whatever it is you want to do with it.”

“Thank you, Hephaestus,” the Black Weapon said. He held the bazooka and put it on his back, tightly with the rope, wrapped around his shoulder. He walked away without saying goodbye to the gods.

“Hmm...Are we going to see him again, brother?” Hephaestus asked curiously.

“No, my dear brother,” Ares said. “I do not think so.” He turned towards his younger brother, touching his right shoulder. “Come...It’s time to take over Paradise Island.”

Atlantis

Arthur Curry swam back to his throne after defeating some Somali pirates above the ocean. They were exporting illegal drugs to the highest bidder. Arthur has learned this news coming from a man, who used to be a famous sailor. He had ventured out into the unknown, and yet he still survived the deep water troubles.

Arthur sat on his throne quietly. His subjects were standing there in the throne room, waiting for his orders. Arthur, who was also known as the Justice League hero, Aquaman saved countless lives above and under the ocean. He was seen as the saviour of both worlds. But his step-brother, the Ocean Master didn’t like the fact that Arthur had taken the throne. The Ocean Master was once kept prisoner in the prison of Atlantis. He had later escaped and was nowhere to be seen. But it wasn’t the Ocean Master that Arthur had to worry about. There was someone else besides his evil step-brother.

One of Arthur’s advisors came up to him. He looked old, well-dressed in his coloured robes. He was a man of almost 60s.

“Your Majesty,” the advisor said. “We have news for you.”

“What’s the news?” Arthur said, didn’t seem to take a notice of his old advisor.

“The man known as the Lex Luthor has been...”

“I’m aware of it,” Arthur said, standing upright, holding his trident on his hands. He looked at it, the shiny moment, which he used it to topple the oceans and defeat the Kraken.

“I see,” the advisor said. “So I hear that you have re- joined the Justice League.”

“What do you want?” Arthur spoke a bit angrily in front of his advisor.

The others glanced at each other a bit, thinking of what was happening to their king. The old advisor who goes by the name, Dahl went closer to Arthur.

“Your Majesty,” Dahl said as he touched Arthur’s left shoulder. “I understand what you’re going through. Seeing him might have made you painful.”

“What do you think, Dahl?” Arthur said. “He’s the only one who knows where my wife is.”

“Yes, that’s a fact,” Dahl said. “But we must consider other options here. If she were alive...”

“If she’s alive,” Arthur interrupted the advisor. “Then I must go and save her.”

Dahl didn’t know what else to say. But there could be one thing to make the prisoner tell the exact location of Mera. He hoped it could work.

“Why not try your trident, your Majesty?” Dahl said. “It could prove useful.”

The trident, Arthur thought. Why didn’t he think of it sooner? But the trident was only used to attack enemies, not interrogate them. Maybe, he should follow Dahl’s advice. The reason why Arthur chose Dahl was because of his military background.

“I’ll try it, Dahl,” Arthur said. “But this will be my first time.”

“I understand, your Majesty,” Dahl said. “I do recall my first time holding a gun during my younger days.”

Arthur smiled. He recalled when Dhal told him stories of how he led the soldiers to prevent the Reptilian enemies from attacking Atlantis. He faced towards Dhal.

“Dhal...” Arthur said slowly. “I don’t know what I would do without you. I’m sorry if I had been angry with you.”

“It’s alright, your Majesty,” Dhal said with a smile. “It is understandable and people are well-aware of your wife’s absence. We will do our best in power to save her. I swear it in my watery grave.”

Arthur smiled again. He knows that without his soldiers and the advisors, he wouldn’t become the king of Atlantis. Dhal had been always been his side, ready to give advice. He told the other advisors to go away except for Dahl. Now, they have to go back to the prison and get what they needed.

When they have arrived at the prison, the guards stood upright and knelt down before their king. Arthur and Dahl stared at the giant prison housed, full of water criminals, even the outsiders. It was Batman’s idea to build one.

They walked through the hallways of the deep prison. The eerie sounds can be heard throughout the corners of the prison walls. There’s no one who could tell how many criminals were imprisoned here. It was too bad that the Ocean Master and the Black Manta were the only ones, not been held captive.

There was another guard, standing behind the other door of the prison. He bowed down and led both Arthur and Dahl towards the entrance. This entrance led to the dungeon, where dangerous and most, powerful criminals have been captured.

Arthur came twice to this dungeon. A faint smell swept through his nose, even Dahl’s. The old advisor hit the switch button, which made the other door opened slowly in front of them. The prisoner, who was held in shackles didn’t look up at Arthur and Dahl. His hair was blond, long, and quite thick. The long hair covered half of his face. His left arm was missing. That arm was used to attach to a sharp blade called the Harpoon. He used to mumble himself, and sometimes can be heard saying, “I am the ruler of the Seven Seas!” over and over again. This time, he was normal.

“What do you want?” The prisoner said, even without looking at Arthur. He knew it was him.

Arthur lifted his trident, concentrating on its energies. It glowed suddenly as Arthur hoped it would. The light almost shone through the cell against the prisoner. This time, he looked up.

Arthur stared into the eyes of his prisoner. He wondered if his trident will allow the prisoner to reveal Mera’s location. He prayed for it.

“Where’s Mera?” Arthur asked again, making sure that he would be calm to interrogate the prisoner by using the trident’s powers. “Tell me...Sea King.”

To be continued in New Crisis, Chapter 5- Worlds Apart.

Holy Crap! Queen Hippolyta is dead! No way! And what do we have here? Sea King? What’s he doing here? Where is Mera? Will Sea King able to tell Arthur? Or does he actually know? Find out in the later chapter of New Crisis.

Next, John Constantine just came back to England and found out that one of the famous magicians has been murdered. The clock is ticking as John tries to find out the killer. But he will need help from other heroes of the supernatural. Then, somewhere in the other world known as Earth-3, the Crime Syndicate has finally controlled their Earth. But what will be their next move? Meanwhile, the Rock of Eternity has been taken over. The wizard is dying and it’s up to Billy Batson to find out what’s going on. Find out in the next chapter of New Crisis.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.