New Amalgam Universe: The Secret Factor - Part 1 (Constantine)

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Constantine

Constantine's Journal

Thirty four years too old for this sh!t, I think to myself. My arm still stings as I pull it up onto the bar and let it rest. Scratches are the worst, they take forever to heal, they're a real b!tch. The shards of glass laden in it does not help. But still you got to pay the rent somehow, of course life is easier when your workplace is also your makeshift home. My name is James Johnathan Constantine, a lot of people call me "Jimmy", I prefer "Jim" or "John" or "Con", well pretty much anything other than "Jimmy". I'm a Demon Hunter. Of sorts. Basically I just keep the supernatural in check. Me and my team that is. The pub is cold and lonely, no one in apart from me and the barkeep, that makes it easier for when I swing a bloodied bag onto the table with a dull thud.

"Scotch on the rocks, please John" I call. John Waterstone, the bartender pulls up into view behind small spectacles and silver drapes hung like curtains across his face. His hand is stuffed in a pint glass with a dirty rag.

"Who is that, then?" he asks, suggesting towards the barely visible grotesque severed head in the bag.

"Defalgo" I reply.

"Aw, Jim." he knows not to call me Jimmy, "He was one of my best customers. He owed me eighty buck on his tab."

"Well, he owed a lot more than that on his rent. Let's just say." I retort. I slowly pull out my pack of Silk Cuts, the last battered cigarette. Damn you Defalgo! I think to myself.

"And the arm?" he asks.

"Forced out of a window, got caught by his claws." I state just as John whisks up a Scotch and plants it down in front of me. I take a long swig.

"Ahhh that really hits the spot." Placing the empty glass on the bar, I take a look around. I could not point out a single difference in this place since I first arrived here what seems a millennium ago. From the half hanging, half falling dartboard to the slightly charred cushions that rest by the mucky window in the left corner. It feels somewhat homely, and reminds me of Britain, and all the sh!tholes over there. This pub is almost as bad as Manchester. Then again John is a Manchurian, hailing from Britain himself.

"See you later John." I howl, after a couple more scotchs.

"See ya Jim." I hear just before slipping on my trench-coat and bracing myself for cold as I step out into the harsh conditions of night.

I haul the sack containing the demons head onto my back and make way for the warehouse. My arm is visibly better and I can feel small pieces of glass falling free of my sleeve. The team is called the Secret Factor, I don't know why, I didn't have any say in the matter, It was something stupid Ted came up with. But its been that way for the ten years I've worked with them and I'm sure it will stay that way for at least another ten to come. As long as I get to taste all things occult, and can kick some supernatural arse, I'm happy. We consist of me (Constantine), Ted Greaves (Furycat), Jubilee Greaves (Epiphanee), Layla Bertinelli (Nightfly) and Roy Madrox (Centurion). All together we make some sort of dysfunctional family.

(Disclaimer: The characters John Constantine, Wildcat, Epiphany Greaves, Huntress, Roy Harper all belong to DC. The characters Jimmy Hudson, Nick Fury, Jubilee, Layla Miller and Madrox all belong to Marvel. The story is mine. Enjoy.)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

Looks at characters being used. Swoons from fangirl excitement.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Constantine: Great start. I look forward to more. So you're also using Epiphany Greaves, Huntress, Wildcat, Nick Fury, Jubilee and Layla Miller. I'm just gonna add them to my mental list so I can help the group keep track.

I've combined Richard Dragon and John Aman in my John Strange stories to be a martial arts trainer. If you or anyone else needs their character to have trained with a great master he's free to use in people's histories.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@Constantine: Ahh bugger you've got Multiple Man...oh well bad luck for me.

Anyways on with your story: Nice work. I like the intro of Secret Factor. Keep up the good work

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Constantine

@Mercy_: yay ^_^

@PrinceIMC: Cheers mate, my Furycat is also an open trainer if you want him in a background. Also the character Jimmy Constantine is a lost son of your Logan Cain, whether Logan knows that is down to you I guess.

@batkevin74: yeah, sorry man. And thank you, I shall try :)

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Constantine: I'm going with David Logan actually (which is still gonna be an alias. His original name was probably James David Howlett or something) but yeah Jimmy Constantine could totally be his long lost son. He's been around a while, traveling the world as an assassin.
BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

I like it

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#8  Edited By TheCannon

@BlackArmor said:

I like it

Agreed. I never realized I never commented on this.