New Amalgam Universe: Black Blade Chapter 1

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BatteredArmor

Link to the prologue/origin: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/new-amalgam-universe-black-blade-prologue/660298/

Chapter 1: Blood Cast a Shadow

“Robert, have a seat” Principle Peirce’s voice was kind but his face was as expressionless as stone, Robert Hawkins could see his face in his reflective slightly yellow tinted shade. Admittedly the man was imposing, no scary as hell but Robert wasn’t about to admit it

“Sup teach, nice place you got here, glad to be the first visitor to your little home away from home” he said while indicating the undecorated office. “nice uh, curtains”

“Robert, you’re a bright kid, your standardized test scores are off the charts, you have a long record of community service and activity”

“Thanks”

“I’m not finished, I think you have the potential to be a real leader in this school, and with as bad as this school’s academic performance is along with the extensive criminal record that many of your peers have accumulated, this school could really use leaders . “

“Uh, I appreciate the vote of confidence Eric, may I call you Eric”

Even with the glasses there Robert shuddered under Mr. Peirce’s glare “No, and I advise you not try again”

“Oooookay, so um Mr. Peirce, I was just pointing out, respectfully of course, that it’s hard to lead people when they don’t like you and I’m really not the most popular guy around here”

“With that dazzling whit? I can’t imagine why not”

“Was that a joke?”

“No, sarcasm. Regardless of either of our senses in humor it seems your trying to rectify your lack of popularity” Peirce sad indicating the red and black headband under his pupil’s dreads “I know gang colors when I see them Robert, there will be no gang banging in this school while I run it, understood, if you feel like you need to engage in criminal or otherwise unsavory activity to fit in then you can do it somewhere else.”

The steel in Mr. Peirce’s voice was clear “yes sir” Robert gulped out

“Good, you seem to have a great deal of potential, as do many others in this school, I advise you use it and convince your peers to do so as well”

“right……..I’ll work on that” he got up from his seat

“You’re not dismissed, before you go, I need you to tell me about this gang of yours, I need to know what I’m dealing with here. ” for the first time in the meeting Principle Peirce broke out of his stone like expression and smirked. Somehow that scared Robert more.

“They’re called the 100shadows”

--------------------

“You hear what happened to Jimmy?”

“Nah man, what happened to him?”

“Some nut job in a blue coat electrocuted him near to death; folks are sayin his eyeballs nearly melted out of his skull”

“Damn, they torture him?”

“That’s the weird thing, it was done in the field, and it aint no taser that did it, not even the fuzz has one that strong”

“shit…….what’d boss say”

“No idea, honestly I don’t want to kn-” The thug looked down at his chest his once green shirt was now red and 3 knives protruded from different spots of his torso

A large figure descended on him feet first kicking him viciously in the face and discarded him with a powerful toss that sent him all the way across the alley. The second man collected himself and pulled his gun, in the sweet time to undo the safety his hands were removed in a flash of black he fell to his knees screaming. He looked up to see assailant, a large black man in a blue coat, standing over him nonchalantly holding a black double edged katana, his features were obscured because the only light in the alley shown on his back.

“Don’t worry, you’re not vampires so neither you or your friend will die” he hoisted the gangster off the ground, “you’ll be fine” and with that he threw him through the door he had been guarding “well unless I miscalculated” he said under his breath

The Black Blade strolled into the room filled with gangsters and murders “I’m looking for members of the 100shadows” he was met with silence “surely somebody knows about the baddest gang in Suicide Slums?.....No? cool.” He raised his hands and there was a blinding flash of black light everyone in the room was struck by bolts of intense electricity after several bouts of mind numbing screaming most people passed out. “Man what happened to this place? I remember back when I was a kid if you walked into a room full of cold blooded gang bosses and you were wearing a trench coat and sunglasses, your dumbass got shot the hell up.” He walked over to a barely conscious man in an Armani suit and put his blade at his throat “What happened to you guys?”

“Look, okay, I’ll tell you what you want to know, okay” his fear filled eyes were reflected in Black Blade’s shades

“I’m listening

“The 100shadows don’t have a hangout, or at least they don’t let non-members know about it, if they want you they find you, if you want them either your screwed or your dead, well that or your stupid. I’m not sure which one of those you are but it seems like dead fits”

Black Blade cut into his throat a little “Funny, but I like black humor, irony and stuff like that, a smart mouth no longer being attached to the brain for example; I would find that hilarious, how about you, you feel like laughing?”

“Jesus man! Okay, okay there are technically only 99 of them right now, so they’re, uh, interviewing a new blood”

“Who and where”

“About a block east from the police station, and some punk kid named Robert Hawkins”

Black Blade scowled, “Thanks for the help in return I’ll let all you nice people get back to your festivities” he got up and walked out the door

Black Blade’s hostage waited until he heard the footsteps fade before sitting up “Freak” right then a knife whizzed in from the darkness and imbedded itself near his head.

-------------------

Black Blade perched on a nearby building and watched Robert Hawkins standing underneath a light post, at 3 in the morning, a block away from a police station, waiting for a gang that was so mysterious it actually had the word shadow in the name, he was doing all of this while being young and black. Eric Peirce considered all of these factors and concluded that the boy was an idiot. After 40 minutes of watching this fool Black Blade couldn’t wait for the 100shadows any longer he leaped towards the loitering student who was sure to be expelled soon.

“What the f**k?!!!” Robert yelled

“Go home”

“Who the f**k are you?” suddenly Robert heard a whoosh and one of his dreads fell to the ground

“Now.”

Robert was sure he was imagining it but it seemed like electricity was sparking among the mystery man’s figure and that was all the excuse he needed to follow the strangers advice.

Black Blade watched him run into the night before a voice interrupted his scowling

“Thanks for rooting out the weaklings for us, no room for punks in the shadows” a group of men Black Blades age walked out of the shadows dressed mainly in black expect with red splatters mimicking human blood, Black Blade’s smell verified that it wasn’t real, well at least most of it wasn’t “boys remind me to kill that little prick later” there was a round of laughter “Now I really did mean that whole thank you thing earlier but sadly I still gotta kill you, the boss doesn’t like witnesses, whole reason he calls us shadows you know, course we could have stayed in the dark and you would never know we were here, and obviously then we wouldn’t have to kill you” The speaker flashed a fanged smile “Oh well”

Black Blade smiled and drew his sword “You guys aren’t vampires, but your close enough” electricity sparkled along the blade and he ran at his victims.

Picture is the creation of Cliffrice, isn't it awesome!!!
Picture is the creation of Cliffrice, isn't it awesome!!!

Notes: Amalgam's present Black Lightning and Blade, Static and Rocket Racer, the 100 and theBloodshadows. Suicide Slums has been moved to Dakota. Sorry for taking so long to write this chapter

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I think this should be in the FF section...

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BatteredArmor

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Your right thanks, I wasn't paying attention when I posted it, hopefully a mod will move it

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

Nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

GREAT CHAPTER!

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

@primepower53: @TheCannon: Thanks guys,

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCannon

You're welcome.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

Being mods I was wondering if you could move this to the Fan-Fic section if possible

@BlackArmor: Great story! I love Black Blade sauntering into the bar and making fun of the gangsters. Minor thing: ditch or edit the swearing at the end

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

@batkevin74: Thanks for the comment, I thought I may have gone to far with the swearing, I'll edit it

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheCannon

The more I look at that picture, the more I like it.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor

@TheCannon said:

The more I look at that picture, the more I like it.

agreed

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#12  Edited By GR2Blackout

So awesome! Can't wait for Silver Flash teamin' up with Black Blade!

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheCannon

@GR2Blackout said:

So awesome! Can't wait for Silver Flash teamin' up with Black Blade!

I didn't know they were going to. That sounds awesome!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackArmor: Was there ever any more of this?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheCannon

@batkevin74 said:

He might of done Chapter 2 (can't be positive), but other than that: no. He left the group after being inactive for several months, making Black Blade non-canon.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BatteredArmor

@batkevin74 said:

I think I have most of Chapter 2 written up on a flashdrive somewhere but I never posted anything else. It's kind of disappointing that I never got to finish this because I had up until chapter 6 or 7 planned and summarized

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackArmor said:

I think I have most of Chapter 2 written up on a flashdrive somewhere but I never posted anything else. It's kind of disappointing that I never got to finish this because I had up until chapter 6 or 7 planned and summarized

I think I'd like to see chapters 2 through to 7, its good. And if its just going to sit imprisoned in a flashdrive, you may as well put it up here :)

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BatteredArmor

@batkevin74: lol, I'll try to find it but that was a couple of fashdrives ago so I may not have that much luck, If I do find it i'll definitely finish and post Chapter 2 if nothing else

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackArmor: Also, if you want, in tying the New Amalgam Universe together, I have a base idea for Black Blade visiting Star City and having a crossover with Green Panther. I'll PM it to you and if you would like to help me co-write it well that'd be AWESOME! Green Panther & Black Blade killing a vampire cell in Star City :)

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BatteredArmor

@batkevin74 said:

@BlackArmor: Also, if you want, in tying the New Amalgam Universe together, I have a base idea for Black Blade visiting Star City and having a crossover with Green Panther. I'll PM it to you and if you would like to help me co-write it well that'd be AWESOME! Green Panther & Black Blade killing a vampire cell in Star City :)

That would be great, I don't think I'm cannon anymore so I don't know if it would be counted in the new amalgam universe project as a whole but I'm a fan of your work and I would love to team up and do that. I've been trying to get back into writing and this would really help

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackArmor:Canon-non canon, whatever! This is fan-fic! I'll PM you my idea and then we'll work out the how!

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BatteredArmor

@batkevin74: Cool, I'm looking forward to it

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped because there's something on the horizon by @BlackArmor :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped